Have you ever wanted to know what your friends are listening to? Would you like cool recommendations for new music based on your friends’ listening habits? This is what the new Social Discovery feature on Apple Music iOS 13 is all about.
What's New for Apple Music's Social Discovery Feature in iOS 13?
Apple Music has become more interactive, allowing you and your friends to influence each other’s musical tastes. Basically, the system will be taking your friend’s listening into account and recommending new music based on that, as well as showing you their playlists (if they allow it). The same will be true for you. You will have an enhanced ability to share you musical preferences, and hopefully your friends will be able to discover new music through you.
Specific Features of Apple Music in iOS 13:
- Profiles - You and your friends will each have profiles that can display your playlists and which mention what you have been listening to lately. You can verify the account and put a real photo up to show that it is really you, and people can follow your profile to see what you are up to on Apple Music.
- Friend Recommendations - You will be presented with recommended music by following certain friends. Whenever you see music recommended through them, you can tap on their avatar to see more of their profile.
- For You - This is where you are presented with recommended music built from your listening habits and those who you follow.
- Playlists - You can add other people’s playlists to your library as well as share your own.
- Privacy Settings - Naturally, you can hide your playlists and albums if you’d rather that your friends not know what you have been listening to.
Tips: How to Freely Manage Your Apple Music on iOS 13
Apple Music can be great for its social aspects, but what if you want to manage your music with more freedom and not deal with iTunes? A great tool for managing your music on iOS 13 is iMyFone TunesMate. This is an application that you install on your computer and you can easily transfer music to and from your device without Apple’s restrictions.
iMyFone TunesMate has been winning increasing positive reviews from its users and attracting lots of loyal users since its launch.
- Two-way sync to transfer music to iOS 13 device from computer and vice versa.
- Transfer music to iOS device without any damage to original music library on device.
- Transfer/manage both purchased and unpurchased music.
- Edit music info & playlists as you like, including artwork, albums, names, play counts, etc.
- Detect and delete duplicate music from iOS 13 iPhone/iPad/iPod easily.
- Automatically convert music to a format usable on iOS 13 while you transfer music/video to iDevice.
How to Add More Music to iPhone in iOS 13
Step 1: Download and install TunesMate to your computer. Plug in your iOS 13 device.
Step 2: Launch TunesMate and click the Music tab near the top. Click “Add, then “Add File / Folder.”
Step 3: Browse for a file or folder that you want to add music from and click Open.
As you can see, it is extremely easy and there are no restrictions like there are with iTunes. If the music files you want to add are not playable in iOS 13, TunesMate will automatically convert them to supported one when transferring.
While Apple Music allows you to share your playlists and recommendations with friends, if you want to share actual music files, TunesMate is a great tool to help you make that happen.