You are looking for iTunes backups, and you went to the wrong places to look for it, or followed some wrong steps to check it on your iPhone/iPad/Mac? You are not alone! Finding iTunes backup can be a little tricky for some users, especially the new ones. However, this piece is prepared to help you locate your iTunes backup quickly on your device.
Part 1: Where are iTunes Backups Stored
If you are using different iOS devices like iPad, iPhone, iPod, and Mac, finding your iTunes backup requires following different steps to find it. Let us begin with Mac.
1. Where are iTunes backups stored on Mac
To find iTunes backups on your Mac, follow the steps below.
- Click on the search button.
- Input: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/ into the search box.
- Click Go.
- Go to iTunes and open.
- Locate iTunes in the menu bar and click it.
- Select Preferences.
- Click Devices.
- Find the backup that you want and click ‘Show in Finder.'
That is all. The above steps work whether in OS X or MacOS Sierra.
2. Where are iTunes backups stored on Window 7, 8, &10
To find iTunes backup in Window 7, 8, or 10, you can take a short route to: \Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\. You may also use the steps below to find the backup.
- In each of the Windows, locate the Search bar:
- For Windows 7, find it by clicking Start button.
- For Windows 8, find it by clicking the magnifying glass.
- For Windows 10, find it by clicking the Search bar next to the Start button.
- Input %appdata% into the search bar.
- Click OK.
- Next, double-click these folders: Apple Computer > MobileSync > Backup.
And you are done.
Part 2: How to Extract iTunes Backups without Password
Do you know that you can extract iTunes backup without ever using your password? For all the steps we discussed above about how to find your iTunes backups in various iOS devices, you will need a password or your Apple ID to complete the step when asked. However, there is a software application that enables you to find your backup without going through any complicated steps or ever using your password. That software application is iMyfone TunesMate.
iMyFone TunesMate is a third-party application specifically developed to solve iTunes issues including finding your iTunes backup in various iOS devices like iPhone, iPad, Mac, etc. TunesMate not only helps you to find your backup quickly but it can also help transfer all your media files between iTunes and iOS devices. It does more, and we are going to look at other functions of this amazing software now.
Key features of TunesMate
- It enables you to transfer between an iOS device and iTunes or between an iOS device and PC freely.
- You can use TunesMate to transfer video, music, and photo you bought on iTunes or got free. They are all supported.
- It also allows you to preview and select the media file you want to sync before carrying out the transfer between iTunes and iDevices.
- Transferring data from unlimited iDevices and unlimited iTunes libraries using TunesMate is the best thing you can try out right now.
- You can transfer iTunes library to iPhone without using a password.
Here are the steps to transfer iTunes backups to iPhone data with TunesMate:
- Run TunesMate and connect your iPhone with PC.
- Choose “Transfer iTunes Media to iDevice”.
- Select your iTunes media files, then click “Transfer”.
As you can see, no complicated steps when you use TunesMate. No password requirement.
Part 3: How to Locate iCloud Backups
- On your iDevice, go to Settings.
- Click on iCloud.
- Select iCloud Storage
- Click Manage Storage.
- Choose Backups to see your previous backups.
To conclude, locating iTunes backups in various iDevices can be confusing. TunesMate helps you eliminate all the different steps and let you find your backup whatever iDevice you are using.