Podcasts are definitely a great way to catch up on your most-loved interests and hobbies, explore new things and keep up-to-date about recent happenings. But, there seems to be a nifty little problem most iPhone users encounter: how and where to get podcasts on iPhone. So, let's quickly address the issue and help them out.
Where to Get Podcasts on iPhone
In this article, we'll be focusing on five of the most popular podcast apps for iPhone.
For those who have a very tight schedule and need a "straight to the point" podcast app, Overcast does just that. Basically, Overcast allows you to find, browse and even download podcasts.
- Noteworthy is the "Smart Speed" feature, which adjusts the playback speed automatically. Also, the “Voice Boost” feature works like karaoke, enhancing vocals and reducing any background noise.
- Smart Playlists allow you to add all of your most important podcasts to a single playlist and play them all at once.
- Playback control with EarPods is supported, allowing you to easily play and pause when you want to.
- Overcast also has Apple Watch functionality and CarPlay support.
2 Pocket Casts
Pocket Casts is a really great podcast app for iPhone that always tries to outflank Overcast as the most popular podcast app. The app is divided into three categories: featured, trending & popular, ensuring that you are always kept up-to-date with the latest and awesome podcasts.
- It comes with cool features such as the option to control playback speed, boost volume for a clear voice and trim dead silence automatically from podcasts, so you can save bandwidth.
- For iPad owners, it has features like SlideOver, Split View and Picture-in-Picture (PiP) mode.
- It also has CarPlay and Apple Watch support, allowing you to easily control playback, and without having to turn on your phone every time you want to pause or play a new podcast.
- Additionally, you can create a Pocket Casts sync account which allows you to sync all your podcast subscriptions, playback progress and app configuration to the cloud and easily restore whenever you need them.
3 TuneIn Radio
This awesome podcasts app has a history dating back to 2002 when it was known as RadioTime. Let's look at the features of TuneIn Radio.
- Presently, it has 100,000+ radio stations that let's you listen to podcast content across a lot of genres: sports, news, music, lifestyle, tech— you name it.
- Just like its counterparts, TuneIn Radio lets you search for stations, podcasts and audiobooks.
- It also has a sleep timer feature that lets you set a timer after a period of inactivity. Also, you can add favourite stations so you can easily access them.
- It also has Apple Watch functionality integrated into it, with an Apple Watch app. It also provides support for CarPlay.
4 Stitcher Radio
Stitcher Radio is a highly rated online radio service which was established in 2008. Its main service covers subscription-free podcast streaming.
- Stitcher Radio provides fresh tailored content and lets users stream podcasts from 65,000+ sources, which can also be downloaded offline.
- You can “stitch” custom playlists from different podcast sources into a single playlist.
- It has CarPlay fuction and supports over 50 automobile audio systems among which are Ford, Jaguar and BMW.
5 Apple Podcasts
The default podcasts app for iOS was as unappealing and basic as possible. But Podcasts would be a great choice if you want an app that's able to play podcasts, download for offline listening, fast forward and backward, have a running subscription of your podcasts and set a sleep timer.
- Playback can be controlled through Siri, just tell it to fast forward or rewind ten seconds and it'll do exactly that.
- It has a great feature which allows users to sort podcasts by genre, featured podcasts and top rated.
How to Transfer Podcasts from iPhone to Computer
With the help of computer software, users can easily transfer files from their iDevices – iPhone and iPad – to their computer and back. Meet iMyFone TunesMate, a powerful app that can seamlessly transfer just about any type of files between iDevice and Computer/ iTunes. It allows you to also manage and browse the contents of your iDevice.
Features of iMyFone TunesMate
Sync without Erasing - iTunes will erase everything on your device before allowing you to sync your new computer. You won't be able to sync more than 5 devices with iTunes. However, iMyFone TunesMate allows you to sync files between your iDevice and computer/iTunes, all without having to delete the previous content.
Two-way Transfer - You can transfer files to your iDevice from different iTunes, computers and even external drives and back. You can also add files to your iTunes library from various iDevices, without even opening iTunes.
All Media Files Supported - With TunesMate, you can transfer various media file formats from music, videos, playlists, photos, albums, podcasts, iTunes U, to audiobooks etc.
Full Compatibility with Recent iOS Versions - iMyFone TunesMate is fully compatible with iOS 7, iOS 8, iOS 9, iOS 10 and even the recent iOS 11 update on iOS devices.
How to Transfer Podcasts from iPhone to Computer
Step 1: First, download and install TunesMate on your PC. Then plug in your iDevice to your computer.
Step 2: After you've done that, click on the Music tab located at the top, then click on Podcasts in the left sidebar.
Step 3: Click on Export>Export to PC. You can choose a folder to store your podcasts.
Step 4: Click on Select Folder to start the transfer process.
The podcasts will be transferred and you can now listen to them on your Computer.