There are many third-party data erasers and device managers available for the iPhone. Some of them are better than others, and their features can vary sometimes. It might not always be clear which one you should download and which deserves a pass. How do Wondershare SafeEraser and Wondershare TunesGo measure up, though? Let's explore these software offerings in more detail below:
SafeEraser: Wondershare Software Review
- Scan and erase private data.
- Optimize the space on your device.
- Analyze deleted data on your iPhone.
- Erase data on your iPhone and make it completely unrecoverable.
Test & Review
SafeEraser is a good data eraser that is comparable to other ones on the market. It wasn't too hard to use, and you simply plug your iPhone into your computer and open up the application. Though the interface wasn't as intuitive as some other software options that we've used, it was adequate and it didn't take long to find everything that you needed.
It was simple enough to erase private data on the phone, either selectively or all at once. There were also a few extra security measures to keep you from deleting your data accidentally. Overall, it seemed good at permanently deleting the data on your iPhone, which is its main function.
- Not the greatest interface. It was okay, but our preference is for a simpler interface where all of the functions are clearly labeled. The labels for some of the functions on SafeEraser don't come up unless you click on their corresponding icons, which is slightly annoying. This is commonly called “mystery meat navigation” in the UX world. To be fair, the unlabeled icons aren't that hard to figure out, though.
- It doesn’t support to erase data of third-party apps.
- It costs money. There is a free trial, but after that, it costs $29.99.
Best Alternative to SafeEraser (Compatible with iOS 11)
Now, of course SafeEraser isn't the only data eraser on the market. There are competitors that do just as good of a job at erasing your iPhone data, and some are even better.
- Erased data is 100% unrecoverable that even the most advanced recovery cannot retrieve.
- Permanently delete private messages, photos, video, attachments, app data and more that you don't want falling into the wrong hands.
- Wipe history of WhatsApp, WeChat, Line, Viber and incomplete traces of Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, Chrome, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
- Display and efface data that have been manually deleted before and make the deleted data even disappear from hard drive.
- Completely reset iPhone - Factory resets are fine, but they don't permanently get rid of your data. To really deep-clean your iPhone before you sell it or give it away, use Umate Pro.
- Clear all app cache, cookies, corrupted files, crash logs, and 25+ more junk files at once for free.
Why Choose Umate Pro Instead of SafeEraser?
- It's cheaper and offers free trial.
- The interface is better and functions are clearly labeled.
- It has a function where it can erase third-party apps.
- It can erase app data fragments.
TunesGo: Wondershare Software Review
- Transfer data to your iPhone from your computer, or from your computer to you iPhone.
- Transfer music back and forth between your iTunes library and your iPhone.
- Share music between devices with different Apple IDs.
- Transfer files selectively or all at once.
- Organize iPhone files from your computer.
Test & Review
TunesGo does everything that it claims to do, and it does it pretty well. You simply connect your device to your computer, launch the application and wait for it to load, and then you can start transferring. The transfer speeds are fine and you're never left waiting for too long. The interface is easy enough to use, and everything is labeled well, though there are other device managers that are easier to use.
- The software could stand to be a little faster.
- It's not free, though there is a free trial version.
- Some functions are redundant or not that useful, like the batch-installing apps works only for iOS 8 and previous.
Top 3 TunesGo Alternatives (iOS 11 Supported)
1 iMyFone TunesMate
iMyFone TunesMate is probably the best alternative to TunesGo. It has a pretty similar interface and it is extremely easy to use. You can get to all of the functions fairly easily from the main screen, and all you need to use it with your iPhone is a computer and a USB cable. No network connection required.
✓ Sync files to iPhone from computer, iTunes, external hard drive, etc without replacing old library on iPhone.
✓ Share iTunes/iPhone music to unlimited devices even with different Apple IDs.
✓ Build your iTunes library from unlimited devices without Apple's usual restrictions.
✓ Transfer media that you purchased from the iTunes store, as well as media that you bought from Amazon, Google, and other services.
✓ Automatically convert audio and video when transferring to iPhone.
✓ Support all model of iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and fully compatible with iOS 7 and later, even the latest iOS 11.
2 SynciOS Manager
- Transfer between your iPhone and your computer / iTunes library.
- Convert media files.
- Manage your files on your computer.
- Make ringtones.
- Download videos from video sharing sites online.
3 iSkySoft TunesOver
- Transfer music from your iOS device to your iTunes library or your computer.
- Use Cloud Sharing to transfer music.
- Restore your iTunes library.
- Backup your media to your computer.
- Share your files with many devices.
While Wondershare has some good software to offer, it's not always the best alternative. Make sure to shop around before you decide which tool to use. iMyFone's applications in particular have a lot to offer, especially if your like a quick, smooth interface.