Black screen is not a new problem that one might have encountered whilst playing videos. Often, it gets frustrating to keep encountering the same errors and having no one-plausible approach to settle the deal.
Before going on to solve the problem, you might need to understand the difference between Windows Black Screen and Videos Black Screen. Then, you’ve got to know what the cause in can be yours case. Once you’ve diagnosed the case, you can proceed towards the accurate solution.
In this article, we’ll take the same approach and then provide you with black screen since playing videos. If they fail, don’t worry, we have got the best repair tool to save your back and it’s super-convenient to use.
The dark screen is one of the most common issues. Users of Windows 10 are primarily impacted by the issue. A full solution to the issue requires knowledge of the differences between a windows black screen and a video black screen.
WINDOWS BLACK SCREEN
VIDEO BLACK SCREEN
The basic operation of Windows is tied to the black screen. It has to do with the directory files in some way.
A software-related error should be treated as such.
Utilizing Windows' built-in features makes it simple to fix the black screen problem.
Video black screens are an exception since some problems are with the video itself.
The majority of the time, it has to do with the hardware.
It’s typically a software issue since the video fails in such situations.
An update to windows might fix this issue.
This problem should be treated as the software issue and not a systemic issue.
- Part 1: What Causes Black Screen When Playing Videos?
- Part 2: What Leads to Black Screens on Videos?
- Part 3: How to Fix Computer Black Screen When Playing Videos?
- 1. Use a Video Repair Tool - iMyFone UltraRepair
- 2. Clear Cache
- 3. Remove the Temporary Files
- 4. Look for Any Incompatible Apps
- 5. Turning off the Nagle's Algorithm
- Part 4: Tips to Resolve Windows Black Screen
Part 1: What Causes Black Screen When Playing Videos?
The main cause of the blackened windows screen is a corrupted file. There are several potential causes for the problem. This includes video file transfer failures, header problems, codec problems, and the list goes on. Other factors include:
- The video file was improperly downloaded.
- The video file was not correctly copied.
- The hardware behind the black screen on Windows also varies. Most of the time, it has to do with the hardware. When it comes to video black screens, it is typically a software issue because the video malfunctions in such situations.
- A virus has infected the in-question file.
Part 2: What Leads to Black Screens on Videos?
Any of the following factors could be the explanation for the error:
- A Windows 10 to Windows 11 upgrade.
- The video player that was used to play the file has been damaged.
- Your computer's display adapter has broken down.
- The issue is being caused by an external device.
SolutionIt is suggested that you restart your system and disconnect all external devices in order to fix the error. It will typically completely resolve the problem.
Part 3: How to Fix Computer Black Screen When Playing Videos?
To ensure that the video black screen issue is fully repaired, several procedures can be used. The processes listed below are all entirely computer based.
1 Use a Video Repair Tool - iMyFone UltraRepair
There might be hundreds of options that may claim to have the best repair tool but there are only a few which can actually do the job. iMyFone UltraRepair gives you the best solutions to repair corrupted files I.e., documents, videos and photos. It enables you to repair most severely damaged videos playable again. It’s a three-step simple approach to fix your corrupted files and make them come to life again.
iMyFone Repair tool is known to repair photos, videos and audios of almost any formats but we shed special light on its video repairing tool here.
- Improve many damaged or broken files with low pixilation, bad audio, low saturation, and so forth.
- Advanced technology and algorithms are used to ensure a high file repair success rate.
- Unplayable files captured with famous camera manufacturers such as Canon and others can be restored.
- Support the latest Windows 11 & macOS 10.15.
Step 1.Launch iMyFone Ultra Repair on your PC. To begin, upload the blurry Snapchat?video to Ultra Repair. Click the video icon that says "Please add video(s) and begin fixing" or the "Add video" button.
Step 2.When the uploading procedure is complete, the user interface will display the file name, size, length, and resolution of the Snapchat blur videos.
Step 3.To begin the repair procedure, click "Repair." When the repair procedure is complete, a pop-up box will appear indicating that your videos were successfully fixed, and you can choose whether or not to save the videos to your computer.
Step 4.By pressing "Save" or "Save All," you may now save a specific video or all of the fixed videos. Remember to select the storage path before saving the videos.
And it’s done.
2 Clear Cache
Additionally, the procedure will enable you to boost computer performance. You must right-click on the desktop and create a shortcut to accomplish this. Add ProcessIdleTasks, advapi32.dll, and the command %windir%system32rundll32.exe to the shortcut on the desktop.
When watching movies and getting a black screen, double-clicking the file will clear the cache and fix the problem.
3 Remove the Temporary Files
This approach will also entirely deplete your computer's resources. You must open the RUN window and enter the word TEMP. You can access the hidden folder by using the enter key. The black screen problem when viewing videos will probably be fixed if you completely delete the folder's contents.
4 Look for Any Incompatible Apps
The issues could have been brought on by the apps colliding with your video player. You must restart the PC in safe mode to ensure that the problem has been fixed. To uncheck the Safe boot checkbox, press Windows + R and then type MSConfig in the box. Then select the boot tab. The last step is to restart your computer.
5 Turning off the Nagle's Algorithm
It is yet another crucial element that may contribute to the issue at hand. It is perfectly and easily possible to disable it. To do this, go to Start > Type Regedit, and then follow the steps below to identify the path:
HKEY LOCAL MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces
Disable TCP immediately and at the ACK frequency. It will make sure that the RAM's performance is increased. This will eventually fix your video black error screen problem.
Part 4: Tips to Resolve Windows Black Screen
- Make sure the cables are always securely linked. It is typically advisable to investigate this problem first because a loose wire may occasionally cause it.
- For your machine, find a reliable codec installer. Such codecs' primary responsibility is to keep your system up to date.
- Microsoft offers a tool for PC optimization. It need to be a constant component of your system. Run this software frequently to find registry file problems.
- Your browser could have a problem. It will be resolved if you update it to the most recent version. If the issue persists, it is advisable to try a different browser and see.
- Another potential source of the problem is malware or a virus. Therefore, it is advised to purchase a cutting-edge antivirus and have the system cleaned.
Conclusively, there are various causes for the black screen video issue. Although effective, computer-based techniques cannot fix corrupted videos. If you have the same trouble in black screen since playing videos, iMyFone UltraRepair is the only workable fix.