iTunes is one of the most brilliant music manager or player since it is popularly used by millions of people. But nothing can be perfect. One problem about iTunes is that it keeps duplicated audio files, which are quite annoying. You may listen to the same songs repeatedly; and these duplicates usually take up much space on your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch.
When discovering duplicates in iTunes library, people like me with obsessive-compulsive disorder could be driven crazy. So, how to delete iTunes duplicates effectively? I have done a lot of research and test to find the best solutions. Here, I would like to share two workable methods to delete duplicates in iTunes, and a very efficient way to transfer music without duplicates.
Delete Duplicate Songs in iTunes Manually
1. Launch your iTunes.
2. On the top taskbar, choose View > Show Exact Duplicate items.
3. Duplicate items will be sorted next to one another. Review each item to determine which one you'd like to eliminate from your library. Then right-click each duplicate that you want to remove by right clicking it and select Delete. Thus, the duplicate songs can be deleted one by one with this solution.
Remove Duplicates from iTunes via Tunes Rebuilder
One or two duplicates could be deleted manually by the above way! But if over 10 duplicates or even far more, then Tunes Rebuilder is your must, as you definitely don’t really want to delete them all by manual, which would waste you much time and make you fidgety. Below are the steps:
Step 1: Run the program and select all the music.
Step 2: Choose “Clean Up” on upper interface and click “Delete duplicate songs”.
How to Transfer Music to iTunes without Duplicates
As you may know, there are many tools can be used to transfer iPhone music to iTunes. iMyFone TunesMate, one of these great transfer tools, which has great function to achieve the transfer without make any duplicate. Besides, TunesMate can do more than you think:
- Transfer your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch music to iTunes/Computer and vice versa.
- Detect the duplicates automatically.
- Share iTunes music with family or friends, even in different Apple IDs.
- Trasnfer both purchased and non-purchased music to iTunes.
- Extract music to iPhone even if iTunes is corrupted.
- Manage music without iTunes restrictions.
- Share your iTunes playlist with one-click.
Steps to Transfer Music to iTunes without Duplicates:
Step 1: Download and install iMyFone TunesMate, open it and connect your iPhone.
Step 2: On the home interface, select "Transfer iDevice Media to iTunes" mode, click "Start" from the pop-up window.
Step 3: All the media in your iPhone will be detected, the music that iTunes don't have will be list on the first.
Step 4: Select the music and click "Start", the music will be transferred successfully when you see a pop-up windows shows that "Copy completes", click "Complete" to finish the whole process.
Don't miss: Other way to remove iTunes duplicates>>