Yоu'rе nоt just ѕitting аt the tаblе аll dау, gluеd tо уоur lарtор. Thе smaller, 2 роund iPаd could bе ѕliрреd intо your purse or a ѕmаll bаg whilе you wаlk аrоund the room, оr even саrriеd in уоur hand fоr easy access as nееdеd, but withоut being сumbеrѕоmе. If after using your business companion - iPad - to save a lot of business files and data and the next that hits you is “your iPad is disabled”, how do you handle that? Let this article help you out.
- Method 1: Use A third-party Software - iMyFone LockWiper
- Method 2: Undisable iPad with iTunes Restore
- Method 3: Fix a Disabled iPad with iCloud Find My Phone
- Method 4: Using Recovery Mode to Undisable iPad
Part 1: How to Undisable an iPad
1 Use A third-party Software to Fix It - iMyFone LockWiper
Have heard of a software called iMyFone LockWiper? It is a trusted powerful software specially designed for unlocking iPad or iPhone which is disabled or locked. It works effectively for all lasts versions of iOS. The software works well with all iPads and you will only need a computer and a USB cable to get your disabled iPad back.
Features of iMyFone LockWiper
- Undisable an iPad, iPhone and iPod touch when it is disabled.
- Bypass screen passcode instantly for any iDevices.
- Remove the Apple ID/iCloud account from iDevices devoid of password.
- Support different kinds of screen locks like touch ID, face ID, 4-digit/6-digit passcode, etc.
- Easy to operate in 3 simple steps, no technical skills required.
Here are the steps involved in undisabling iPad:
Step 1: Download the software on your PC. Choose “Unlock Screen Passcode” mode.
Connect your iPad to your PC through the USB cable.
Step 2: Select the firmware version according to the device model and click “Download”.
Step 3: Click “Start Unlock” to begin the process after extraction and verification succeed.
Just in a few minutes, the lock will be removed from your disable iPad.
Note: Please keep your iPad connected to the computer during the whole process.
2 Undisable iPad with iTunes Restore
This only requires you to connect your iPad to a PC with the use of a USB cable. The method has been tried and confirmed effective for iPads. Below are the steps involved:
- Connect your device to a PC which you have synced your iPad with, launch iTunes and click the icon of your iPad once your device information pops up.
- Go to Summary and you will see options of “Restore iPad”, click on it.
- Then clik on "Restore Backup" in iTunes.
The process takes a few minutes, once restored, it will start up like a new iPad.
3 Fix a Disabled iPad with iCloud Find My Phone
Another way to undisable iPad is through the use of iCloud - Find My iPhone option. Note, this option will erase all your data, therefore be prepared or ensure to have backed up with iCloud prior to the use of this method.
Here are the steps involved:
- Visit iCloud.com on your PC.
- Insert your iCloud ID and password with your Apple ID.
- Select "Find iPhone” and click on your iPad from the list of all devices.
- Now, select “Erase iPad” and your iPad will automatically be restarted and all the data will be deleted.
Now you can then restore your data from previous backup via iCloud.
4 Using Recovery Mode to Undisable iPad
Recovery method has been used by many iPad users across the globe and has documented a hundred percent success. You will be required to have a PC and a USB cable as the methods involved will be highlighted below.
Step 1: Plug your iPad to a PC with the aid of USB cable.
Step 2: Access iTunes or install the software on your PC if you don’t have it. Just visit www.apple.com/itunes/download to get it installed on your PC.
Step 3: Force restart your iPad following the steps below, operation vary among different models:
- On an iPad Pro (11-inch/12.9-inch): Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Press and hold the Top button until your device begins to restart.
- On an iPad or iPod Touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons simultaneously.
Hang on to the buttons until the iTunes logo pops up. This indicates that your iPad has entered the recovery mode.
Step 4: Tap “Restore” in iTunes and wait until the operation is complete.
After rebooting it, you’ve restored the disabled iPad successfully. You can restore your data from previous backup either in iCloud or iTunes.
Part 2: How Does an iPad Get Disabled?
A passcode is set on your iOS device to help protect your data and personal privacy. You need to enter your passcode in the following situations:
- Turn on or restart your device
- Press the home button or swipe to unlock your device
- Update software
- Erase your iOS device
- View or change passcode settings
- Install iOS configuration profiles
To prevent unauthorized access to your device, iPad will get disabled after several consecutive attempt to unlock it with wrong passcodes.
On the other time, you might forget your passcode sometimes, if you entered wrong passcode for too many times, your iPad would get disabled.
In саѕе you wiѕh for free ѕuрроrt you саn use thе internet and search fоr rеѕоlutiоn fоr your iѕѕuе over thеrе. Thеrе are ԛuitе many wеb раgеѕ dedicated especially to hеlр people out with thеir Apple-related issues. And that is what we do here, you are already at the right place to undisable your iPad.
iMyFone LockWiper is such a powerful tool which can help you access your iDevices no matter it was locked, disabled or cracked. Have this tool in handy in case you need it.