If many people are asked what two things Apple takes very seriously, it’ll be device security and user-friendliness. However, when an Apple ID verification code is required but there is no place to enter, you may think not in respect of user-friendliness. This Apple ID verification problem is quite normal for the Apple users who use Apple devices with older versions. Why Apple asks users to type in the verification code but has no input field?
In this article, we will address this issue, and provide good solutions to solve the Apple ID verification problem on every Apple device.
Part 1. Why An Apple ID Verification Code Is Required without Input Field
For many Apple users who use two-factor authentication with older OS versions - like iOS 6/7/8, MacOS earlier than X El Capitan, or Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation), when you sign into the device after entering the Apple ID and password, an annoying issue may happen irrationally - an Apple ID verification code is required but there’s no place to enter the code. What’s worse, you may be stuck in endless loop as Apple ID verification pops up, and you receive verification codes on your trusted devices again and again.
The scenarios when an Apple ID verification code is required may include:
- When you try to open some apps like Game Center, Calendars, etc. on your iPhone/iPad/iPod;
- When you try to sign in iCloud on an iOS iPhone/iPad/iPod/Mac/Apple TV;
- When you try to sign into iTunes on your Mac to reset your iPhone/iPad/iPod, but have no where to enter the verification code on the laptop screen;
Why An Apple ID verification code is required bu.t there is no input field, even though you have entered the Apple ID and password correctly and received the Apple ID verification code on your trusted device?
The main reason is simple - your device’s OS version is old, so the software does not support the input box for the Apple ID verification code. Two-Factor Authentication doesn't play well with older OS versions so your device doesn't know why Apple servers don't allow the connection, so it will repeatedly ask for verification and spam your trusted device with verificationcodes. If for you this is not the problem, then the cause may be a failed connection to Apple's servers.
Part 2. Solutions to The Apple ID Verification Problem
If you are required to enter the iCloud verification code but cannot find the input field, here are two working methods. One is to remove the Apple ID without password and update to the newest OS version, and then you can sign in without any Apple ID verification problem. The other method is to enter the password followed by the 6-digit verification code (with no space between) in the password field.
Way 1. Remove the Apple ID without Password on Your Device
There is the ultimate solution for solving “an Apple ID verification code is required” issue. You can use the iCloud removal tool iMyFone LockWiper for solving Apple ID verification problem.
With LockWiper, You don’t need to sign out the Apple ID manually and sign back in with the verification code - LockWiper allows you to remove the Apple ID without password and then create or change to an Appel ID. After the iCloud removal, your device will be updated to the newest iOS version. So you will never face the Apple ID verification problem anymore, for this problem happens because your device runs an older version of iOS. Moreover, if you use LockWiper to fix Apple verification problem, this tool won't cause data loss at all.
Lockwiper: Ultimate Solution for Apple Verification
1. Fix the Apple ID verification problem with ease by removing the Apple ID.
2. Remove the Apple ID without password on any activated iPhone/iPad/iPod.
3. Update to the newest iOS version so Apple ID verification problem never happens anymore.
4. All iCloud features are available and you will gain full control of the device.
5. On iOS 11.4 or earlier versions, it can remove the Apple ID without data loss.
How to Easily Fix “An apple ID Verification Code Is Required” Issue with LockWiper:
Step 1. Download, install and launch LockWiper on your Mac/Windows.Choose the “Unlock Apple ID” mode.
- If you have more than one Apple ID on your device, sign out all of them and then sign back in the main account;
- In some cases, your device’s data & time settings may have been reset. Head to “Settings > General > Date & Time”, if Set Automatically is disabled, toggle it on; if it is enabled, turn it off and on again. Then restart your device to test the issue.
- If you have content or ad blocker on your device, it may hamper the ability to receive permissions. Disable or remove the blocker from your device, then restart your device to test the issue.
- You can perform a factory reset and test the issue.
- If you tried the above but to no avail, you can reset the Network. Head to “Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings”. Once you reset network settings, your device will restart, and then you can reconnect to the home Wi-Fi and test the issue.
- If everything above has no effect on solving the Apple ID verification problem, your best choice is to change to your Apple ID and simultaneously update the iOS version with iMyFone LockWiper.
Step 2. Click on “Start to Unlock” to remove the Apple ID from your device without password.
Step 3. If Find My [Device] is disabled, LockWiper will immediately remove the Apple ID.
If Find My i[Device] is enabled, head to “General > Settings > Reset All Settings”, and then LockWiper starts to work immediately.
After removing the Apple ID from your device, you can create or shift to your own Apple ID. Now the iOS have been updated to the latest version possible for your device, so you won’t struggle with the Apple ID verification problem anymore.
iMyFone LockWiper works to solve the Apple ID verification problem for iPhone/iPad/iPod only. If your Mac or Apple TV requires the Apple ID verification code, your best choice is to manually update its OS as high as possible. If you cannot update any further, consider turning off Two-Factor Authentication.
Way 2. Enter The Password And 6-Digit Verification Code Together
“Type your password followed by the verification code shown on your others device,” - this message wants you to type the Apple ID verification code right after the password with no space. If an Apple ID verification code is required but there is no place to enter on your old iPhone/iPad/iPod/Mac/Apple TV, you need to get out of the Apple ID email verification page first. Follow the easy steps below:
On a Mac:
Step 1. Go to "System Preferences > iCloud";
Step 2. Click "Sign Out";
Step 3. Enter your Apple ID password to sign out completely.
On an iPhone/iPad/iPod touch:
Step 1. Go to Settings in your device and tap iCloud from the menu;
Step 2. Scroll down and click “Sign Out”and “Delete from My i[Device]”;
Step 3. Tap Delete or Keep for data on your device depending on your needs;
Step 4. Click “Sign Out” and enter your Apple ID to confirm to sign out completely.
On an Apple TV:
Step 1. Go to "Settings > Accounts";
Step 2. Click “Sign Out” and enter your password to confirm.
Once you signed out the Apple ID from the device completely, you will need to sign back in. Once you enter the password, you will receive the Apple ID verification code displayed on your trusted device, and you need to enter verification code immediately after the password in the same box.
Part 3. Still Having Trouble Verifying Apple ID?
“Tried that several times, it isn't working” - typing the password and Apple ID verification code together may not work for some Apple users. However, If you use LockWiper to fix the Apple ID verification issue, you will never have trouble verifying Apple ID. If your device keeps asking to verify Apple ID, then there may a failed connection to Apple's servers. A good step is to check Apple's server status to see if there are any reported errors. However, if there are none, you can try the following: