You had put the passcode for your iPhone to keep it safe from others until here comes the nightmare - you forgot iPhone pin. Following are the technical tips you can apply to open iPhone even if you have forgotten its pin-code.
There are three ways to reset iPhone pin discussed below. If the first two ways don’t work for you then there is an ultimate solution to this problem.
Way 1: Forgot iPhone Pin? Remove It with iMyFone LockWiper
Looking for an instant applicable solution when you forgot iPhone pin? Here we present an ultimate solution to this problem and it is iMyFone LockWiper. It is a computer-based software, one cure to all locked Apple devices like iPhone, iPad, iPod etc. It is efficient to reset iPhone pin especially.
Key Features of iMyFone LockWiper
- 1. Helps remove screen lock from all iDevices without any need of password.
- 2. Removes all screen locks including pin, face ID, fingerprint, pattern, etc.
- 3. Rapidly unlocks the disabled or broken screen by bypassing screen passcode.
- 4. Able to support all Apple devices even the new iOS 13 and iPhone 11.
- 5. Helps to remove the device from iCloud account.
- 6. Removes screen time/restriction lock without loss of data.
Steps to remove iPhone Pin by using iMyFone LockWiper - NO Passcode Needed!
Here is the step by step guide to unlock iPhone screen when you forgot iPhone pin.
Step 1. Download and launch iMyFone LockWiper. Select "Unlock Screen Passcode" option. To begin the unlocking process, click on "Start".
Step 2. Connect your device with computer through USB and click “Next”.
Step 3. Choose the provided firmware version and download it on your computer. Extract the firmware package file and install.
Step 4. You will see the option “Start Unlock” and click on it. Enter “000000” to confirm the unlocking process and click on “Unlock”.
Step 5: Device will enter recovery mode automatically and within few minutes the screen lock will be removed from you iDevice.
This is how iMyFone LockWiper works when you forgot iPhone pin. The whole process won't take long and you will be able to get back the complete control of your device within few minutes.
Way 2: Forgot iPhone Pin? Use iTunes
We all know that Apple Inc. introduces iTunes as media player, media library, Internet radio broadcaster. As a mobile device management application iTunes works great on iPhone. Did you also know that you can use iTunes to open your iPhone if you forgot iPhone pin? We tell you the procedure to unlock by using iTunes.
Steps to restore iPhone using iTunes when you forgot iPhone Pin:
- Step 1: Turn on iTunes on your Mac or PC that synced with iPhone before.
- Step 2: Force restart your iPhone to open the recovery mode screen. For iPhone X or later, iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus:
1. Please press and hold the Side button and one of the Volume button until you see the power off slider, drag the slider.
2. Hold the Side button and connect your device to your computer until you see the recovery mode screen.
- Step 3: You will see a message window in iTunes with two options - Restore or Update. Choose "Restore iPhone" option and iTunes will download a software on your device.
- Step 4: When the process is finished, you are good to setup your device for start using it again.
Disadvantages of Restoring iPhone Using iTunes:
If you forgot iPhone pin then iTunes is a good option but there are also few disadvantages of this way.
1. The main disadvantage is that you will lose all of your data after this procedure if you haven't backed it up.
2. It is not sure that you will be succeeded after applying this process because sometimes your device automatically exits the recovery mode before finishing the process.
Way 3: Forgot iPhone Pin? Use iCloud
Apple Inc. has launched iCloud in 2011 to provide a cloud storage and cloud computing service to its consumers. You can use this service to reset iPhone pin too if you forgot iPhone pin. You can erase your device from iCloud. Here is the step by step process to reset iPhone pin.
Steps to Remotely Erase iPhone Using iCloud
- Step 1: If you have an Apple ID then log in iCloud from iCloud.com.
- Step 2: Navigate to "Find My iPhone".
- Step 3: Tap on “All Devices”. Find your device to be erased in the given list and tap on it.
Step 4: Simply tap on "Erase iPhone", and enter your Apple ID and Password to confirm and then your iPhone will be erased.
After that try locate your device again and restore it to get back access to your phone.
Disadvantages of Erasing iPhone Using iCloud
Though erasing device through iCloud works when you forgot iPhone pin but it comes with many consequences.
1. First of all you can proceed for this way only if you have Apple ID to enter iCloud before otherwise this technique is not going to work.
2. All saved activities will be removed after erasing the device if you haven't backed up your data using iCloud before.
We call iMyFone LockWiper the ultimate solution because it is easier, more reliable, less time taking and efficient enough to get best results when you forgot iPhone Pin. We also introduced how to unlock with iTunes and iCloud, both with pros and cons. So as contrary iMyFone LockWiper is more helpful and brilliant way to unlock your iPhone.