Setting a password on your iPhone would help to protect your data and privacy. However, when you forget your iPhone password, the thing may turn around for bad real fast. The stress of changing or removing forgotten iPhone password can make your day that’s going really good turn sour. Many of us who have had this experience understand better.
Nevertheless, there are viable solutions to changing iPhone password quickly and seamlessly. Hence, we’ve researched on this topic and joined our experiences over the years to bring up the following step-by-step guide to remove change or remove forgotten iPhone passcode.
When does iPhone Require You to Enter Password
You can set a passcode on your iOS device to protect your data and privacy, but the passcode you set won’t be required at every point of using your iPhone. It will only be required in the following operations:
- When you turn on or restart your iOS device.
- When you press the Home button on Touch ID enabled devices or swipe on Face ID enabled devices.
- When you update your iPhone software and had to restart it.
- When you want to erase your iOS device.
- When you want to view or change your passcode settings.
- When you want to install or configure your profiles.
- When you want to add a new finger to your Touch ID.
How to Change Password on iPhone
You can change your passcode or passcode settings from the iPhone Settings app. However, you can only use this step-by-step guide if you remember your iPhone passcode.
Here is the systematic guide to follow:
Step 1. Open your iPhone Home screen and go to the Settings app.
Step 2. Choose your iPhone model:
- On devices with Touch ID: click “Settings > Touch ID & Passcode”.
- On devices without Touch ID: click “Settings > Passcode”.
- On iPhone X: go to “Settings > Face ID & Passcode”.
Step 3. Enter your current password.
Step 4: Choose Change Passcode. Enter the old password and then the new password. You can tap “Passcode Options” to switch to a 4-digit numeric passcode or a custom alphanumeric passcode. Enter the new password with the option you picked and veryfy it.
There are other settings and options that you can switch to if you don’t want to change your iPhone passcode.
- Turn Passcode Off: As its name shows, it will remove passcode. iPhone won’t ask you for it any longer.
- Require Passcode: You can change this setting to include at what point passcode will be required.
- Allow Access When Locked: You can allow access to some iOS features when your iPhone is locked.
- Erase Data: Choose whether to erase your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch automatically after 10 failed password attempts.
How to Change iPhone Password If I Forget It (iOS 12 Supported)
If you forgot your password, and input enters the wrong passcode too many times, your iOS device will be disabled. So, how do you get help with a forgotten passcode or disabled iOS device? The answer is iMyFone LockWiper (for Windows and Mac)!
iMyFone LockWiper is the best solution to refresh your iPhone forgotten passcode on iPhone X, 8, 8 Plus, 7s Plus, 7, 6s, 6s Plus, SE, 5s with the latest iOS 14 firmware. LockWiper can remove or change even the hardest alphanumeric passcodes, 4-digit or 6-digit passcodes, Face ID and Touch ID locked iPhone. Hence, if you want to change your iPhone passcode, use iMyFone LockWiper.
Benefit from LockWiper’s Great Features:
- A do-it-yourself program that is easy to use and quick to run, no tech required
- Remove every type of lock in about 2 minutes, a few clicks needed
- Assist you get back to disabled, locked or broken iPhone without entering passcode
- Perform 99% successfully even to unlock second-hand/stolen iPhone
Free Download LockWiper and Refresh Your Forgotten iPhone Password
Step 1. Launch iMyFone LockWiper on your PC or Mac, and connect your iPhone to your PC using Apple’s original USB cable. Look on LockWiper Home interface to click “Start”.
Step 2. Choose your iPhone model, and follow the on-screen guide to put your iPhone in DFU mode.
Step 3. When it’s done, you will see the download page. Download your iPhone’s firmware package by clicking “Download” tab.
Step 4. Click “Start to Verify” to verify the firmware with your iPhone. It will take a few seconds.
Step 5. Click “Start Unlock” to begin unlocking your iPhone. Confirm your action by entering “000000” into the box and clicking “Unlock” again. After these steps, you will notice that your iPhone has been unlocked without iCloud Password.
We’ll be happy to see your comments on this article/post. However, don’t forget to download and install iMyFone LockWiper on your computer to unlock/change iPhone, iPad, iPod touch screen passcode in mere minutes.
Or you may be interested in: Does iMyFone LockWiper Truly Work? Get the Facts Right >