The screen time passcode running on iOS 12 or later is used to secure your privacy content and settings from unauthorized users, and to monitor time extensions on Apps for minimizing unhealthy digital habits, such as excessive time on games, videos, or social media. The screen time, works as a useful time management tool, helps you to getting rid of the bad digital habits, so as to boost your life quality and working productivity.
Using screen time requires the independent password, so you need to remember another passcode that you don’t change often. We’ve been heard of many users who complain that their iPhone was requesting a screen time passcode after upgrading to iOS 12, but they cannot reset it because of forgetting the passcode. Don’t worry, this article provides you two ways to reset the screen time passcode on your iPhone or iPad.
How to Reset the Screen Time Passcode without iTunes, Not Losing Data
If you wondering how to reset the screen time passcode when you forgot it, and wish to reset it without losing any data on your iPhone, iMyFone LockWiper is the best choice for you, which allows you to remove the screen time passcode from your iPhone or iPad while not erasing your iOS devices. After removal, you can easily reset the screen time passcode on your iPhone or iPad.
Features of iMyFone LockWiper:
- Help you remove the screen time passcode within minutes so can reset it again.
- Bypass your Apple ID if you forgot the password and cannot get it back.
- It can also help you remove your forgotten screen lock passcode without any hassles.
- It supports all types of passcode like 4-digit, 6-digit, Face ID and Touch ID in disabled, or with broken screen.
- Compatible with the latest iOS 12 and iPhone Xs/Xs Mas/XR, not to mention the earlier.
How to reset screen time passcode using iMyFone LockWiper:
Step 1: Open iMyFone LockWiper on your PC and Tap "Unlock Screen Time Passcode".
Step 2: Connect your iOS devices to your PC with a USB cable.
Step 3: Tap "Start to Unlock" button to start the process.
Step 4: Remove the Screen Time passcode successfully.
How to Reset the Screen Time Passcode with iTunes, Data Lost
The principle of resetting screen time passcode through iTunes is to wipe and erase your device, then you can set it up as a new iPhone or iPad. This method is only ideal for that you do not plan to restore any of your backup on your iPhone or iPad. Because when you restore, the backup will have your passcode in it and you will be stuck in entering a screen time passcode again. Here is the process of how to reset the screen time passcode by iTunes:
- Open iTunes, connect your iOS device to your computer.
- Update the iTunes to the latest version.
- Click the iOS icon at the top of the window and head to the "Summary" tab.
- There will be a update interface where you need to confirm restoring.
- iTunes will download the latest iOS version and reset your iPhone
- Your iPhone has been set up as a new without time screen passcode
If you cannot remember your screen time passcode, and want to know how to reset it, you can refer to the above methods. Apple suggests you to set your device up as a new through iTunes. But most of us would rather not lose photos, messages, contacts, and other important files just for a forgotten screen time passcode. So we highly recommend you to use iMyFone LockWiper, it works so efficiently and easily without any technique difficulty.