Have you forgotten your screen time passcode? If you are looking for ways on how to reset screen time passcode, here’s what you need. The amazing thing about the internet is, once you have such a question and it seems you don’t understand, it can always be of help. Which I’m sure brought you here! Well, you are in the right place. We will be sharing with you the trusted way to reset screen time passcode on your smart device.
What Is the Screen Time Passcode?
Before learning how to reset screen time passcode, let’s get to know what the screen time passcode is first. Screen time passcode is used to help secure the content and privacy restriction or to allow time extension on App limits. The creation of a screen time passcode was prompted by iOS 12. When activated on a child’s device or access contents and privacy on any other devices.
Ask for Screen Time Passcode after Update to iOS 12?
You updated your iOS and now it’s asking for a screen time passcode? Not to worry! Just try entering your restrictions passcode or the guided access passcode if you use that feature. The problem will be solved. This works even when you feel you’ve never set it up, to begin with or you aren’t able to change to passcode to get things going! If it said that your passcode is wrong when you put in the right one, then move to the next part to find the answer.
Forgotten Passcode - How to Reset Screen Time Passcode
If you’ve forgotten the passcode and have no idea what it is, here is how to reset the screen time passcode. One of the few surest ways to get this done is to use the iMyFone LockWiper. The iMyFone LockWiper unlocks iPhone Touch Screen Passcodes with ease. It is also compatible with all iOS versions and devices including iOS 12 and iPhone XS. More importantly, it can be used to reset the screen time passcode if you forget the passcode and would love to do something about it.
Features of iMyFone LockWiper:
- Help you remove the screen time passcode within minutes so can reset it again.
- Bypass your Apple ID if you forgot the password and cannot get it back.
- It can also help you remove your forgotten screen lock passcode without any hassles.
- It supports all types of passcode like 4-digit, 6-digit, Face ID and Touch ID in disabled, or with broken screen.
- Compatible with the latest iOS 12 and iPhone Xs/Xs Mas/XR, not to mention the earlier.
How to reset screen time passcode using iMyFone LockWiper:
Step 1: Connect your device to your PC , and you will need to first launch this tool by clicking the ‘Start’ to begin the entire process.
Step 2: Connect your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch to your computer via USB cable. Then click “Next”, it will start to load your device information.
Note: If your device cannot be recognized, you can put your device into DFU/Recovery mode manually to make it detected.
Step 3: Download the firmware and verify it.
Step 4: When the verification succeeds, click “Start to Extract” and kindly wait for it to complete.
Step 5: Then you can start the unlock process by click “Start Unlock”.
Step 6: Wait a minute then it will help you remove the passcode so you can reset it again.
- Please keep you iPhone connected with the program in the whole process until it finish.
- Please note that it will erase all you data on it and update your iOS version so you should make a backup first.
How to Disable the Screen Time Passcode
If you don’t want to reset the screen time passcode but to disable it for any reason, then you can follow the instruction to disable it. So you don’t have to remember you screen time passcode or have any restrictions on your phone.
Here’s how you can disable it:
- Go to the Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap Screen Time and then Change Screen Time Passcode.
- Here you will have two choices, choose Turn Off Screen Time Passcode.
- Enter the 4 – digit code and voila! It's done.
At the end of the day, Screen Time Passcode is great, as it offers you the opportunity to have more control over your time and ensure your devices help you improve your lifestyle and not damage it. But, a lot of people usually quit using this feature after making them go through lots of stress. When you forgot the passcode, you can still have the tool iMyFone LockWiper to help you.