What is a Lost iPhone 6?
When we use “lost iPhone 6”, we mean an iPhone 6 that’s currently on Lost Mode. More so, Lost Mode is a feature of iCloud’s Find My iPhone that locks your iOS device so that no one other than you can access your personal information when your device is misplaced, lost or stolen. Lost mode tracks any changes made to the location of your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. You can easily turn on Lost Mode through via iCloud.com or Family Sharing; through a family member’s device.
When your device is in Lost Mode:
- The holder of the device will not be able to get past the lock screen.
- You display a custom message on the device’s screen to direct the founder on how to locate you.
- You can place a phone call or FaceTime call to your device, but messages and other notifications will not display or play a sound.
- No payment can be made using the device, and other payments initially set up will be suspended.
How to Unlock Lost iPhone 6
Since the inception of Lost Mode feature of iCloud, iOS device users can now track and lock their devices that are lost using Lost Mode in Find My iPhone. However, if you’ve found your device and would like to remove it from Lost Mode, the following solutions will help you to know how to unlock lost iPhone 6.
#1. How to Unlock Lost iPhone 6 via Disabling iPhone Lost Mode
You can turn off the iPhone 6 lost mode from the iOS device once you get the device back. This is done by entering the device’s passcode, and here is how to do it:
Step 1. Go to “Extra” and choose “Find My iPhone” app.
Step 2. When the app is open, sign in with your Apple ID and password, and tap on the device with the Lock icon.
Step 3. Click “Lost Mode” and then “Turn off Lost Mode” option.
#2. How to Unlock Lost iPhone 6 with iCloud
The primary way to remove Lost Mode from an iPhone 6 is usually through the iCloud website, and the steps below will guide you:
Step 1. Log on to https://www.iCloud.com/find using any web browser that’s secure.
Step 2. Sign in to your iCloud account with your Apple ID and password.
Step 3. Click “All Devices” and select the device that is current in Lost Mode.
Step 4. Select “Lost Mode” and click “Stop Lost Mode” to turn off lost mode on the device.
How to Remove Old iCloud Account on the Second-hand iPhone 6
It’s more common to purchase an iPhone with the previous owner’s Apple ID still associated with it than to purchase a locked secondhand iPhone with Lost Mode. If you’re secondhand iPhone still has the previous owner’s Apple ID or iCloud account associated to it, it means that the person still has access to your personal/private information and data. The best way to cut your device off the previous owner’s iCloud account is by using iMyFone LockWiper.
The iMyFone LockWiper is designed to dissociate any iOS device from the previous owner’s iCloud account.Moreover, once you use this tool to remove an Apple ID or iCloud account from an iPhone, it can never be associated with that account again. In addition, you can now create a fresh iCloud account on the device or link it to an existing iCloud account.
Let LockWiper help you remove iCloud account
- Successfully remove an old iCloud account from any iOS device.
- Disassociates your secondhand iPhone from the previous owner’s iCloud account, making it impossible for the person to access your information and data.
- You can set up a new iCloud account after using LockWiper to remove the existing one.
- Offers other iOS device unlocking solutions for removing screen locks and restriction locks.
- Highly recommended for everyone with iPhone unlocking needs.
Steps to use LockWiper in removing the old iCloud account:
Step 1. Go to https://www.imyfone.com/unlock-iphone-passcode to download and install LockWiper. Connect your iPhone to your Mac or Windows PC, and launch the software.
Step 2. Select the “Unlock Apple ID” tab.
Step 3. Click the "Start to Unlock" button to remove the old iCloud account without needing of password.
When Find My iPhone is turned on in your device, please follow the software's interface instructions to “Reset All Settings”.
Some Tips Before Purchasing a Second-hand Device
- Is the device used, pre-owned, or refurbished: You should always know the criteria the device you’re buying fall under because the term used may determine the state of the device.
- A used iPhone on sites like eBay, Best Buy or Amazon means that the device is directly coming from the seller. It may not have been tested by the platform to know if it meets the description and photos provided.
- A pre-owned iPhone would offer more reassurance to the buyer, and in most instances, they underwent testing to verify that they’re functioning properly. The device in most cases come with limited warranty.
- Refurbished iPhones must have gone through software and hardware repair so that they can be at the highest level of performance and appearance. It’s the best among the three categories mentioned therein.
- Battery life
- Screen locks, restriction locks, iCloud locks, previous owner’s iCloud account, and network carrier lock.
- Switch on the device to see if it will show the Home screen if it does, then the previous owner’s Apple ID is still associated with the device.
- Note the iPhone’s overall condition.