Several months ago, Apple Inc. designed a new iPhone security feature called the Face ID, which is meant to replace the Touch ID. When Face ID was unveiled with the introduction of iPhone X, iPhone users were impressed with this feature, but with some serious lapses in this feature, many are thinking otherwise.
The face ID recognition system is yet to be perfect, and it locks many iOS users out of their iPhones. After many failed attempts, your iPhone will be disabled. How then can you unlock a locked or disabled iPhone X when Face ID is not working or without passcode? The following tips will help you to fix a disabled iPhone X lock screen.
How to Unlock iPhone X without Passcode
It may seem impossible for you to unlock a device protected with Facial Recognition Technology (Face ID). However, this iOS biometric authentication technology is not invincible or irremovable, it can be easily unlocked using a tool called iMyFone LockWiper for Win/for Mac.
To many iPhone/iPad users, LockWiper has become a necessary tool for regaining access to their iPhones when locked or disabled. This tool works better than iTunes and any other tool that can open iPhone X. As an advanced iPhone-unlocking tool, it can open your iPhone in a few minutes and clicks. Therefore, getting LockWiper on your computer even before your iPhone is locked is a good thing to do.
Get LockWiper to Make Things Easier for You
- Unlocks iPhone X whenever it’s locked with Face ID, touch ID or 4/6-digit passcodes
- Helps get into iPhone X when it’s locked, disabled, broken, with white/black screen, etc.
- Guarantees 100% success rate even to unlock second-hand or stolen iPhone
- Removes iPhone locks without password so that you can set up a new one
- Fully compatible with all models of iPhone, iPad, iPod and all versions of iOS.
Steps to Unlock iPhone X without Password
Step 1. Download, install and launch iMyFone LockWiper on your Windows or Mac PC. Then click “Start” to begin the process of unlocking your iOS device.
Step 2. Connect your iPhone X to your computer. Choose “iPhone X/8/8 Plus” on the top bar and follow instructions to put your device in DFU mode.
Step 3. LockWiper will detect your device. Confirm the details before you click “Download”.
Step 4. After the firmware package is downloaded, click “Start to Verify”. Once the verification is complete, you can click “Start Unlock” to continue.
Step 5: Enter “000000” into the box to confirm that you agree to unlock your device. Then click “Unlock”.
Once you’ve completed these steps, in a few minutes, your iPhone X will be opened and fully unlocked. Please, ensure that your iOS device is well connected to your PC during this unlocking process.
How to Unlock iPhone X with iTunes
If you forgot your passcode and iPhone is not recognizing your face, or a message says your phone is disabled, you can follow this method to remove your iPhone X passcode.
NB: This way is only available when you synced your iPhone X to iTunes before. If it asks for password during the process, you can’t continue with this way.
Step 1. Connect your iPhone X to the computer you synced with.
Step 2. Open iTunes. If asked for a passcode, try another computer you've synced with, or use iMyFone LockWiper. Wait for iTunes to sync your device and make a backup.
Step 3. After the sync and backup have finished, click “Restore iPhone”.
Step 4. When you reach the Set Up screen while restoring your iOS device, tap “Restore from iTunes backup”.
Step 5. Select your device in iTunes. Look at the date and size of each backup and pick the most relevant one.
The Methods That Don't Work to Unlock iPhone X
Some of us have tried some of the following ineffective methods which were recommended online that never worked for us. We shall be listing some of them for you to know and avoid wasting your time and expecting a result.
- Using the emergency call bug in older versions of iOS to gain access to your iPhone. This method doesn’t work again with later versions of iOS.
- Deleting iPhone passcode from iPhone’s Keychain directory using iExplorer, iPhone Browser or SSH on a jailbroken iPhone doesn’t work anymore.
- Overwriting old passcode and creating a new one through Find My iPhone passcode lock tool doesn’t work either.
- Using Siri only works on iOS 8 to iOS 10.1. It doesn’t always work even if your iPhone is in the right version. Besides, it can’t help change the password.
Therefore, the best approach to resetting your iPhone X passcode and gaining access to your iPhone again is by using iMyFone unlocking tool – LockWiper. It doesn’t have any requirements for the iOS versions or device model. Whenever you are out of the screen lock, feel free to download LockWiper for help.