From the quote above, the user did not specify the type of iPhone lock he’s dealing with. There are 3 different types of iPhone locks, and they include:
- iPhone Screen Lock: This type of iPhone comprises of 4-digit and 6-digit passcode locks, Touch ID and Face ID screen locks.
- Network Carrier Lock: The carrier network that the iPhone is locked to can only unlock this lock. However, other online services like www.imei.net can help you to contact the carrier network and open the iPhone after 3 working days.
- iCloud Activation Lock: This lock is activated via Find My iPhone app, and can only be removed by the person who activated it. If this is the lock you are talking about, our advice is; “return the locked iPhone and get your money back”.
However, we believe you’re neither talking about iCloud activation lock nor network carrier lock, but passcode lock. If this is the case, then you can follow the simple fixes we’ve outlined below to open your secondhand iPhone.
Two Options to Unlock Locked iPhone You Bought Online
Two options are available for everyone who wants to unlock a second-hand locked iPhone: the first option is iTunes, while the latter is third-party unlocking tool – iMyFone LockWiper. We’ll throw more light on these options, and how to use them in unlocking used iPhone you bought online.
#1. Unlock Locked iPhone You Bought without Stress
iMyFone LockWiper (on PC & Mac) is the ultimate tool for unlocking locked iPhones and iPads you bought online. This tool can help you to bypass iPhone passcode locks such as 4-digit and 6-digit passcodes. Touch ID and Face ID locked iPhones and iPads can also be unlocked using LockWiper.
Therefore, if you’re looking for a good tool that can help you unlock your second-hand iPhone without any password, then choose LockWiper to open your iPhone instantly.
Be The Pro with the Help of LockWiper
- Help remove screen lock from used/second-hand iPhone without any password (including Apple ID password)
- Also erase everything from the locked iPhone you bought online while unlocking
- iPhone is locked, disabled or broken? That’s what LockWiper helps
- Even fix any iOS issues: stuck at Apple logo, white/black screen, recovery mode, etc.
- Support all iOS versions (iOS 12 included) and iOS devices
Steps to Effortless Unlock A Locked iPhone You Bought Online
Step 1. Launch iMyFone LockWiper on your Mac or PC. Click “Start” and connect your iPhone to the PC using the USB cable.
Step 2. Put your iPhone in DFU mode. You can follow the on-screen instructions to make it.
Step 3. Download the firmware package for your iPhone by clicking the “Download” tab. When the download is complete, click the “Start to Verify” tab.
Step 4. Unlock the iPhone you bought online by clicking the “Start Unlock” tab, enter “000000”, and click “Unlock” to open your second-hand iPhone.
When it’s done, you will find the iPhone is totally clean. You can set it up as your own iPhone. LockWiper can remove everything including the screen lock from iPhone, but keep in mind that, it cannot remove the iCloud activation lock.
#2. Unlock Locked iPhone You Bought Online with iTunes
We mentioned earlier in this post that iTunes is one of the two ways of unlocking a locked iPhone. You can use the recovery mode to unlock the second-hand iPhone.
Step 1. Update your iTunes to the latest version, and close it.
Step 2. Connect your iPhone to your Mac or PC, and launch iTunes.
Step 3. Force restart your iPhone model with the Recovery mode steps.
- On the iPhone X, iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus. Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see “Connect to iTunes”.
- On the iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus. Press and hold the Volume Down and Side buttons until you see “Connect to iTunes”.
- On iPhone 6s, earlier versions of iPhone, and iPad. Press and hold the Side and Home buttons until you see “Connect to iTunes”.
Step 4. Choose “Restore” for iTunes to wipe your iPhone.
We’ve been able to discuss the two ways to unlock a locked iPhone you bought online. But the iTunes is not always work. Sometimes you cannot go through the whole process for unknown reason. Therefore, if you want to seamlessly unlock your second-hand iPhone, we recommend iMyFone LockWiper for you.