“About 2 years ago, I enabled the parental restrictions on my son’s iPhone. After promising my son that I will be removing the restrictions this week, I picked up the iPhone after he went to bed and realized that I can't remember my restrictions passcode. This is quite embarrassing. I am not sure my 17-year-old son will understand when I tell him that I did not remove the restrictions because I cannot recall the passcode I set. Is there a way around this problem? Thank you.” – Mike, Quora
If kids are allowed to use their iDevices without restrictions, they may end up accessing apps, content, and even features that they should not be accessing. Apple has made it much easier for parents to manage what their kids can and can’t access, without having to look over the kid’s shoulders every now and then.
If you can't remember restrictions passcode on iPhone, it might appear as if turning restrictions off is impossible. This, however, is not the case. In this article, you will get to learn how to disable the parental controls even if you can’t remember the Restrictions passcode.
I Can't Remember My Restrictions Passcode iPhone? Just Easily Recover
If you can't remember Restrictions passcode on iPhone, the ideal solution you can use is to recover the passcode. With the right tool, recovering the passcode, shouldn’t be a problem. You won’t even need tech skills.
iMyFone LockWiper has already made it possible for thousands of iDevice users to recover the parental restrictions passcode. The tool takes just a couple of minutes to analyze your device and figure out the right passcode. During the passcode recovery process, you will not end up losing your important data.
iMyFone LockWiper Main Features:
- Within only simple clicks and you’ll get back the Restrictions passcode on your device.
- During the passcode recovery process, your data will be 100% safe.
- You do not need any technical skills to have the ability to recover your iPhone restriction passcode.
- You can use LockWiper to get rid of the Apple ID whose password you cannot recall.
- You can unlock your screen lock without the credentials used to set up the lock, irrespective of whether the screen lock was implemented using the settings or a third-party application.
How to Recover Restrictions Passcode on iPhone Using LockWiper:
If you would like to make sure that LockWiper actually works before investing in the paid version, a free trial version is available for both Mac and Windows PC users.
Step 1: Install LockWiper on your computer and launch it. On LockWiper Home screen, select Unlock Screen Time Passcode.
Step 2: Grab your USB cable and use it to connect your iPhone to the computer. Hit Start to Unlock and then wait as LockWiper loads the iDevice data.
Step 3: After LockWiper finishes loading your data, it will start the restrictions passcode recovery process.
The good thing about investing in iMyFone LockWiper is that it is a multipurpose tool.
- On top of helping you recover the restrictions passcode; the tool is capable of helping you get rid of the Apple ID without an Apple ID password. If you had purchased a secondhand iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, this will ensure that you do not get blocked or tracked by the previous owner through the Apple ID on your device.
- iMyFone LockWiper also makes it possible for you to remove the screen lock without using a password, PIN, Pattern, Fingerprint, or the face used when creating the screen lock. If the screen is damaged to the point where entering the pattern, PIN, or password is impossible, you can use iMyFone LockWiper to unlock your device.
Can't Remember My Restrictions Passcode? Restore Your iPhone Using iTunes
It is possible to remove the parental controls if you can't remember restrictions passcode on iPhone by restoring your device using iTunes. This option can effectively solve the “I can't remember my restrictions passcode” issue. The problem is that you will end up losing all your data.
To restore your iPhone using iTunes, you will need to follow the steps we have outlined below:
Step 1: Using the USB cable, connect your iPhone to the computer. If iTunes does not launch automatically, launch it manually.
Step 2: When the iPhone icon appears on iTunes, select it and then go to the Summary screen.
Step 3: Select Restore iPhone on the Summary screen.
Step 4: If a popup appears, confirm that you would like to restore your device and then follow the onscreen instructions to complete the restore process.
Step 5: After the restoration, set up your device. The iPhone shouldn’t have parental controls.
Note: Please make sure that the Find My iPhone feature is turned off. Or you need to verify your iCloud account after you restore it.
If you are facing the “I can't remember my restrictions passcode” issue and you would like to disable the restrictions, it might appear as if your problem does not have a viable solution. The solution that has worked for thousands of iPhone users who can't remember restrictions passcode on iPhone is iMyFone LockWiper.
Although restoring the iPhone with iTunes can work, a large number of people do not prefer this option considering that the restoration process erases all their data. Unlike restoring your iPhone via iTunes, LockWiper recovers your restrictions password quickly and easily, without any data loss.