What is the Use of iCloud Login Password?
Apple ID (or iCloud account) is the account you use to access all Apple services and devices. The iCloud login password is a unique set of letters and numbers you created to protect your Apple ID (or iCloud) account in order to prevent any other person from accessing your Apple services and accounts.
The following are Apple services that require iCloud login password:
- iCloud account
- App Store
- When logging into a new Apple Device.
Is it Possible for iCloud Login Password Recovery?
Yes, it’s possible to do iCloud login password recovery even when you chose two-factor authentication or two-step verification options for recovering password while creating the iCloud account.
However, the two-factor authentication and two-step verification requirements must be met before you can recover your iCloud login password.
How to Perform iCloud Login Password Recovery
If you’re having issues login into iCloud.com with your Apple ID password, you can any of the following methods to reset your password and regain your account again. However, the method you choose should be the same as the one you chose while creating the iCloud account.
#1. Reset Your Password Using Email, Password or Security Question
iCloud login password recovery can be done via email, password or security while creating the account, follow the steps below:
Step 1. Go to Apple ID account page, and then click “Forgot Apple ID or Password”.
Step 2. Enter your iCloud account ID, and select the options “Reset Password > Continue”.
Step 3. Choose a way to reset your password:
- If you chose “Answer Security Questions”, then provide the answers and proceed to the next step.
- If you chose “Get Email”, then proceed to your primary rescue email address, and follow up from there with the email sent to you to recover your password.
Step 4. Create a new password and confirm the password.
#2. Reset Your Password Using Two-Factor Authentication
If you chose to do iCloud login password recovery via two-factor authentication while creating the account, follow the steps below:
Step 1. Go to your Device’s Settings app.
Step 2. Click on “Your Name > Password & Security > Change Password”.
Step 3. Follow the onscreen steps to recover your password.
#3. Reset Your Password Using Two-Step Verification
If you chose to recover your iCloud login password via two-step verification while creating the account, follow the steps below:
Step 1. From Apple ID account page, click “Forgot Apple ID or Password”.
Step 2. Enter your Apple ID and select “Reset Password > Continue”.
Step 3. Input the recovery key for two-step verification which is provided when you enabled the function.
Step 4. Choose a device which you can receive a verification code.
Step 5. Enter the verification code, then you can create the new password.
Step 6. Tap “Reset Password” to complete the process.
What If You Cannot Recover iCloud Login Password?
It’s near impossible to perform iCloud login password recovery for two-step verification and two-factor authentication when you forget the password recovery requirements. However, it’s possible to entirely remove the iCloud account from your device and create a new one using a third-party tool called iMyFone LockWiper.
With LockWiper, it doesn’t matter who created the iCloud login password, it can easily remove the account and password within a few minutes.
Let LockWiper help you remove the old iCloud
- Reset iCloud login password even without two-factor authentication or two-step verification.
- Easily remove the existing iCloud account from your iOS device and create a new one or add an existing one.
- Unlocks iPhone lock screen, restriction locks, and other locks. .
- Trusted by millions of users, tech authorities, and software review websites.
Steps to remove iCloud login password via iMyFone LockWiper:
Step 1. Download and Install the Latest version of LockWiper from iMyFone Official Website. Launch the program, connect the iOS device you want to remove iCloud password to the program.
Step 2. Choose the “Unlock Apple ID” mode:
If Find My iPhone is turned off in your iPhone, you can click the "Start to Unlock" button to recover lost iCloud account password
If Find My iPhone is turned on in your device, you’ll have to click “Settings > General > Reset All Settings” after the step above.
Tips for iPhone Users
The following tips would help the original device owners to recover their iCloud login password.
- Ensure you’re typing the right email address and password for the iCloud account.
- If you chose two-step verification or two-factor authentication while creating the account, ensure you correctly input the code sent to your device.
- You may need to change your Apple ID password if you see a message saying that your account has been disabled.
The following tips would be helpful to secondhand iPhone owners in recovering their iCloud login password.
- Contact the original owner to send you his or her Apple ID account password, or ask them to delist the device from their account.
- Use iMyFone LockWiper to totally wipe off the iCloud account from the device.