Why does my iPhone 8 ask for 6 digit code now after updating to iOS 13? I never set up the password! Need help please!
When updating iOS on the iPhone you probably are having trouble with the passcode. Because it is changed the 4-digit passcode to the 6-digit passcode. This happens since the apple launched the iOS 9. But you can easily change it to four digits really easily.
Apple is always changing its security methods and the company by default requests a six-digit passcode when updating the iPhone and also the iPad. Obviously, it is in order to improve security because it gives more combinations to guess. But for the users can be a little annoying.
- Solution 1: iPhone Asking for 6 Digit Passcode After Update? Unlock It (iOS 13 Supported)
- Solution 2: iPhone Asking for 6 Digit Passcode After Update? Try Hard Reset
- Solution 3. iPhone Asking for 6 Digit Passcode After Update? Try Default Passcode
- Bonus Tip1: iPhone Update: What to Expect About iOS 13
- Bonus Tip 2: 20% Discount to Unlock 6-digit iPhone Screen Passcode
1. iPhone Asking for 6 Digit Passcode After Update? Unlock It
It's weird that iPhone asks for password that you never set up or it doesn't accept the right password. But it's not a new issue. You are not alone. This issue can be permanently fixed with the help of iMyFone LockWiper Unlock iPhone Passcode, an iPhone password unlocker that works on Windows or Mac platforms. It's fully compatible with iOS 13 and old versions, and all iOS devices.
Now Download LockWiper and Get Screen Lock off Your iPhone:
Notable Features of iMyFone LockWiper
- Unlock iPhone 6-digit screen passcode after update without password in a very high success rate..
- Helps you get into iPhone again without hassle even if your iPhone is disabled.
- Compatible with your 4-digit, 6-digit passcode iPhone models, including Touch ID and Face ID
- Supports locked, disabled, or broken iOS screen perfectly.
- Usable with all iOS device including iPhone XS (Max) and XR.
Follow this guide so you can unlock your iPhone without a passcode when iPhone asking for 6 digit passcode after update:
Step 1: Launch the software on your computer, select "Unlock Screen Passcode" mode and click "Start". Kindly note that, if you want to remove iCloud, you can choose "Unlock Apple ID" mode instead.
Step 2: Connect the iPhone to the computer using the lightening cable.
Step 3: Boot iPhone in DFU mode: when you have your screen locked, we will need to boot it in DFU mode by powering off your iPhone, pressing and holding the Volume Down button and the Power button together for at least 10 seconds. After this, release the Power button but keep holding the Volume Down button until it gets in DFU mode.
Step 4: After iPhone is in DFU mode, iMyfone LockWiper will confirm the device"s information such as the iPhone generation, iOS version, etc. Select the correct information and click "Download".
Step 5: After the firmware package was downloaded, click "Start to Verify".
Step 6: When it finish, click "Start Unlock".
Step 7: On the pop-up window, input "000000" and click "Unlock".
So, you didn't need the iPhone passcode to unlock iPhone and it is easy to solve the issue that "iPhone Asking for 6-digit Passcode after Update". LockWiper is reliable and secure that the famous SOFTPEDIA, download.hr and iOS HACKER recommend to be a must-have tool for iPhone. It also works marvelously to fix iPhone issue, like screen is frozen or stuck at Apple logo, white/black screen, etc.
2. iPhone Asks for 6 Digit Passcode After Update? Hard Reset
If you confirm that you entered the right password, or you never set up any password, you can try to force restart your iPhone, which will fix the convulsions on the updated iPhone. Different iPhone models have different operation, you can follow below:
For iPhone X/8/8 Plus -
- Press "Volume Up" button and release it quickly, press "Volume Down" button and release it instantly.
- Press and hold the Side/Power button until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
For iPhone 7/7 Plus -
- Press and hold the "Wake/Sleep" button and "Volume Down" button at the same time.
- Release the buttons until the Apple logo appears.
For iPhone 6s and Earlier -
- Press and hold the "Home" button and "Wake/Sleep" button at the same time.
- Release the buttons until you see Apple logo on the screen.
3. iPhone Asks for 6 Digit Passcode After Update? Try Default Passcode
If you have never set-up a passcode on your iPhone before, you can try to input the default passcode to unlock your iPhone. Many users successfully unlock their iPhone using "123456" or "000000". So try this out first, it may work for you!
After unlocking, you can change the passcode from Settings as the following picture shows:
Bonus Tip 1. iPhone Update: What to Expect About iOS 13
To update the iPhone not only brings changes in the passcode. With iOS 13 they also have improved the experience by performance and feature improvements. The features can be very useful if you want to know your use the phone and to the applications.
- Grouped Notifications: Notifications will group together and won"t take over the whole notification panel.
- Do Not Disturb: This is a mode that allows you to avoid seeing loads of notifications that you don"t want to see.
- New and Old Phones Can Have It: All the devices that iOS 11 supported can run on iOS 13. So, since the iPhone 5S, every iPhone can have the update.
- Siri Improvement: Siri will have a new feature called "shortcuts" that will let you pin actions to some words. Also, the suggestions of Siri will be better searching of places like Calendar and Mail.
- iBook: It has been redesigned it and it looks like the App Store and it looks more modern.
- Screen Time: You will know how much you are using your cellphone because now there is a feature called " Weekly summary" that tells you how much you are using your iPhone and also will tell you which apps send you the most notifications and other statistics more specific.
This update has been announced but it is still not available for download. The expected release of the new iOS is in September but Apple hasn`t announced it yet. But all the users are waiting to download it.
Every update you do you should keep an eye on it because it always will bring you new things and remember that iMyfone LockWiper Unlock iPhone Passcode always will help you to unlock your cellphone without the passcode and it is compatible with the current iOS 13.
Bonus Tip 2. 20% Discount to Unlock 6-digit iPhone Screen Passcode
To make it easier for you to run iMyFone LockWiperto unlock your iPhone, we'd like to give all our prospective and loyal clients a 20% discount coupon code. This code works on every license of iMyFone LockWiper:
Your 20% OFF Coupon: 5ED-FQ1-KZU
Steps to Use Coupon Code for iMyFone LockWiper
Step 2. Select the license you want to buy and click the blue "Add to Cart" button to proceed. Doing this will take you to the shopping cart.
Step 3. On shopping cart, find and check the box named "Check to enter coupon code".
Step 4. Now copy and paste the code 5ED-FQ1-KZU in the textbox and click "Apply".
Step 5. Now you will find the price was reduced by 20%. Then just fill in your purchase info to finish it.