Why does my iPhone 8 ask for 6 digit passcode now after updating to iOS 14? I never set up the password! Need help please!
When updating iOS on the iPhone you probably are having trouble with the passcode, just like the above case. Because it is changed the 4-digit passcode to the 6-digit passcode by default. This happens since the apple launched the iOS 9. But don’t worry, you can easily change it to 4-digits.
Apple is always changing its security methods and the company by default requests a six-digit passcode when updating the iPhone and also the iPad. Obviously, it is in order to improve security because it gives more combinations to guess. But for the users can be a little annoying.
Download now to fix “iPhone Asking for 6-Digit Passcode After Update”issue easily.
- Solution 1: iPhone Asking for 6 Digit Passcode After Update? Unlock It without Password (iOS 14 Supported)
- Solution 2: iPhone Asking for 6 Digit Passcode After Update? Try Force Restart
- Solution 3. iPhone Asking for 6 Digit Passcode After Update? Try Default Passcode
- Solution 4. iPhone Asking for 6 Digit Passcode After Update? Restart iPhone for 3-4 Times
1. iPhone Asking for 6 Digit Passcode After Update? Unlock It without Password
It's weird that iPhone asks for password that you never set up or it doesn't accept the right password. But it's not a new issue. You are not alone. This issue can be permanently fixed with the help of iMyFone LockWiper Unlocking tool, an iPhone password unlocker that can quickly solve the problem of iPhone asking 6 digit passcode instead of 4 and other similar problems. What’s more, it is very easy to use. Anyone can remove the screen lock in 3 minutes. It's fully compatible with all iOS devices, including the iOS 14.
Now Download LockWiper to Get Screen Lock off on Your iPhone:
Notable Features of iMyFone LockWiper
- Unlock iPhone 6-digit screen passcode after update without password in a very high success rate.
- Help you get into iPhone again without hassle even if your iPhone is disabled, locked or broken.
- Compatible with your 4-digit, 6-digit passcode iPhone models, including Touch ID and Face ID, etc.
- Usable with all iOS device including iPhone 11 Pro (Max).
- Also support to remove Apple ID/iCloud account without entering passcode.
Follow this guide so you can unlock your iPhone without a passcode when iPhone asking for 6 digit passcode after update:
Step 1: Launch the software on your computer, select "Unlock Screen Passcode" mode and click "Start". (Kindly note that, if you want to remove iCloud, you can choose "Unlock Apple ID" mode instead.)
Step 2: Connect the iPhone to the computer using the lightening cable. Tap "Next" to proceed.
Step 3: Your iPhone will automatically detected by LockWiper, click "Download" to download the firmware package.
Step 4: After the firmware package was downloaded, click "Start to Extract".
Step 5: When it finish, click "Start Unlock". On the pop-up window, input "000000" and click "Unlock". The software will start to unlock your iPhone.
Step 6: Wait a minute, the screen lock on iPhone will be permanently removed.
Look, you don't need the iPhone passcode to unlock iPhone and it is easy to solve the issue that "iPhone Asking for 6-digit Passcode after Update". LockWiper is reliable and secure that the famous SOFTPEDIA, download.hr and iOS HACKER recommend to be a must-have tool for iPhone. It also works marvelously to fix iPhone issue, like screen is frozen or stuck at Apple logo, white/black screen, etc.
2. iPhone Asks for 6 Digit Passcode After Update? Force Restart
If you confirm that you entered the right password, or you never set up any password, you can try to force restart your iPhone, which will fix the convulsions on the updated iPhone. Different iPhone models have different operation, you can follow below:
For iPhone X/8/8 Plus -
- Press "Volume Up" button and release it quickly, press "Volume Down" button and release it instantly.
- Press and hold the "Side/Power button" until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
For iPhone 7/7 Plus -
- Press and hold the "Wake/Sleep" button and "Volume Down" button at the same time.
- Release the buttons until the Apple logo appears.
For iPhone 6s and Earlier -
- Press and hold the "Home" button and "Wake/Sleep" button at the same time.
- Release the buttons until you see Apple logo on the screen.
3. iPhone Asks for 6 Digit Passcode After Update? Try Default Passcode
If you have never set-up a passcode on your iPhone before, you can try to input the default passcode to unlock your iPhone. Many users successfully unlock their iPhone using "123456" or "000000". So try this out first, it may work for you!
After unlocking, you can change the passcode from Settings as the following picture shows:
4. Restart iPhone for 3-4 Times
When nothing helps, restarting your device stands as the single solution. If you wish to try your luck, restart your device 3-4 times and wait for it, many times device runs smoothly without asking for the passcode.
You should always keep an eye on every update because it always will bring you new things. Remember that iMyfone LockWiper Passocde Unlocker will always help you unlock your cellphone without passcode even your iPhone is stuck in 6 digit passcode by default after update. And it is compatible with the current iOS 14.