Why does my iPhone 8 ask for 6 digit passcode now after updating to iOS 13? I never set up the password! Need help please!
When updating iOS on the iPhone you probably are having trouble with the passcode, just like the above case. Because it is changed the 4-digit passcode to the 6-digit passcode by default. This happens since the apple launched the iOS 9. But don’t worry, you can easily change it to 4-digits.
Apple is always changing its security methods and the company by default requests a six-digit passcode when updating the iPhone and also the iPad. Obviously, it is in order to improve security because it gives more combinations to guess. But for the users can be a little annoying.
- Solution 1: iPhone Asking for 6 Digit Passcode After Update? Unlock It without Password (iOS 13 Supported)
- Solution 2: iPhone Asking for 6 Digit Passcode After Update? Try Force Restart
- Solution 3. iPhone Asking for 6 Digit Passcode After Update? Try Default Passcode
- Bonus Tip1: iPhone Update: What to Expect about iOS 13
- Bonus Tip 2: 20% Discount to Unlock 6-digit iPhone Screen Passcode
1. iPhone Asking for 6 Digit Passcode After Update? Unlock It without Password
It's weird that iPhone asks for password that you never set up or it doesn't accept the right password. But it's not a new issue. You are not alone. This issue can be permanently fixed with the help of iMyFone LockWiper Unlocking tool, an iPhone password unlocker that can quickly solve the problem of iPhone asking 6 digit passcode instead of 4 and other similar problems. What’s more, it is very easy to use. Anyone can remove the screen lock in 3 minutes. It's fully compatible with all iOS devices, including the iOS 13.
Now Download LockWiper to Get Screen Lock off on Your iPhone:
Notable Features of iMyFone LockWiper
- Unlock iPhone 6-digit screen passcode after update without password in a very high success rate.
- Help you get into iPhone again without hassle even if your iPhone is disabled, locked or broken.
- Compatible with your 4-digit, 6-digit passcode iPhone models, including Touch ID and Face ID, etc.
- Usable with all iOS device including iPhone 11 Pro (Max).
- Also support to remove Apple ID/iCloud account without entering passcode.
Follow this guide so you can unlock your iPhone without a passcode when iPhone asking for 6 digit passcode after update:
Step 1: Launch the software on your computer, select "Unlock Screen Passcode" mode and click "Start". (Kindly note that, if you want to remove iCloud, you can choose "Unlock Apple ID" mode instead.)
Step 2: Connect the iPhone to the computer using the lightening cable. Tap "Next" to proceed.
Step 3: Your iPhone will automatically detected by LockWiper, click "Download" to download the firmware package.
Step 4: After the firmware package was downloaded, click "Start to Extract".
Step 5: When it finish, click "Start Unlock". On the pop-up window, input "000000" and click "Unlock". The software will start to unlock your iPhone.
Step 6: Wait a minute, the screen lock on iPhone will be permanently removed.
Look, you don't need the iPhone passcode to unlock iPhone and it is easy to solve the issue that "iPhone Asking for 6-digit Passcode after Update". LockWiper is reliable and secure that the famous SOFTPEDIA, download.hr and iOS HACKER recommend to be a must-have tool for iPhone. It also works marvelously to fix iPhone issue, like screen is frozen or stuck at Apple logo, white/black screen, etc.
2. iPhone Asks for 6 Digit Passcode After Update? Force Restart
If you confirm that you entered the right password, or you never set up any password, you can try to force restart your iPhone, which will fix the convulsions on the updated iPhone. Different iPhone models have different operation, you can follow below:
For iPhone X/8/8 Plus -
- Press "Volume Up" button and release it quickly, press "Volume Down" button and release it instantly.
- Press and hold the "Side/Power button" until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
For iPhone 7/7 Plus -
- Press and hold the "Wake/Sleep" button and "Volume Down" button at the same time.
- Release the buttons until the Apple logo appears.
For iPhone 6s and Earlier -
- Press and hold the "Home" button and "Wake/Sleep" button at the same time.
- Release the buttons until you see Apple logo on the screen.
3. iPhone Asks for 6 Digit Passcode After Update? Try Default Passcode
If you have never set-up a passcode on your iPhone before, you can try to input the default passcode to unlock your iPhone. Many users successfully unlock their iPhone using "123456" or "000000". So try this out first, it may work for you!
After unlocking, you can change the passcode from Settings as the following picture shows:
Bonus Tip 1. iPhone Update: What to Expect about iOS 13
To update the iPhone not only brings changes in the passcode. With iOS 13 they also have improved the experience by performance and feature improvements. The features can be very useful if you want to know how to use the phone and the applications.
- Grouped Notifications: Notifications will group together and won"t take over the whole notification panel.
- Do Not Disturb: This is a mode that allows you to avoid seeing loads of notifications that you don"t want to see.
- New and Old Phones Can Have It: All the devices that iOS 11 supported can run on iOS 13. So, since the iPhone 5S, every iPhone can have the update.
- Siri Improvement: Siri will have a new feature called "shortcuts" that will let you pin actions to some words. Also, the suggestions of Siri will be better searching of places like Calendar and Mail.
- iBook: It has been redesigned it and it looks like the App Store and it looks more modern.
- Screen Time: You will know how much you are using your cellphone because now there is a feature called "Weekly summary" that tells you how much you are using your iPhone and also will tell you which apps send you the most notifications and other statistics more specifically.
This update has been announced but it is still not available for download. The expected release of the new iOS is in September but Apple hasn`t announced it yet. But all the users are waiting to download it.
Actually, you should always keep an eye on every update because it always will bring you new things. Remember that iMyfone LockWiper Passocde Unlocker will always help you unlock your cellphone without passcode even your iPhone is stuck in 6 digit passcode by default after update. And it is compatible with the current iOS 13.
Bonus Tip 2. 20% Discount to Unlock 6-digit iPhone Screen Passcode
To make it easier for you to run iMyFone LockWiper to unlock your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch, we'd like to give all our prospective and loyal clients a 20% discount coupon code. This code works on every license of iMyFone LockWiper:
Your 20% OFF Coupon: 5ED-FQ1-KZU
Steps to Use Coupon Code for iMyFone LockWiper
Step 2. Select the license you want to buy and click the blue "Add to Cart" button to proceed. Doing this will take you to the shopping cart.
Step 3. On shopping cart, find and check the box named "Check to enter coupon code".
Step 4. Now copy and paste the code 5ED-FQ1-KZU in the textbox and click "Apply".
Step 5. Now you will find the price was reduced by 20%. Then just fill in your purchase info to finish it.