When you download from the App Store, the situation iPhone asking for old Apple ID may happen. The dialogue box on iPhone asking for old Apple ID may also appear while you're updating software, paying by iPhone, purchasing an app or item from iTunes. In this post, we’ve sorted out the cause and effect and troubleshooting solutions for you.
Why Is iPhone Asking for Old Apple ID?
The device asks for the wrong Apple ID for several reasons.
- You may changed the Apple ID on iPhone but it was not synced in App Store, iTunes or other applications;
- You may purely forgot or accidentally changed the Apple ID without consciousness;
- Your iPhone might be linked with other people’s Apple ID for some purpose and did not shift back.
Reasons for this problem are verified. Anyway, you can solve the issue “iPhone asking for old Apple ID” easily with following easy methods in this article.
Best Solution to “iPhone Asking for old Apple ID” Issue
There is no doubt that the wrong Apple ID problem is one of the toughest to fix considering Apple's tight security measures. However, iMyFone LockWiper is a very efficient software that can assists you in removing the wrong Apple ID. iMyFone LockWiper enables its users to get rid of their wrong or previous Apple ID without requiring any password, which makes it the best solution the issue “iPhone asking for old Apple ID”.
Features of iMyFone LockWiper Include:
- 1. Removes wrong or previous Apple ID from Apple devices with any iOS version.
- 2. Allows full access to the Apple ID and iCloud Services once the wrong ID is removed.
- 3. Prevents tracking and avoids device blocking from previous iCloud accounts.
- 4. Enables to remove 4-6 digit passcode, fingerprint scans, face ID, and pattern lock.
- 5. Helps find or remove screen time/restrictions passcode without data loss.
- 6. Enables to unlock any Apple device even the ones with a broken screen.
Steps need to be followed when iPhone is asking for Wrong Apple ID:
Step 1. Download, install and launch the software iMyFone LockWiper on your Mac/PC. Select “Unlock Apple ID” on the home interface.
Step 2. Connect your Apple Device to the Mac/PC using a USB cable. Tap “Trust” on the phone screen if the Mac/PC hasn’t been trusted.
Step 3. Click "Start to Unlock" to start the process of removing the Apple ID on your device. Now there are two possible conditions:
- One is if “Find my iPhone” is switched off, your device is unlocked immediately.
- The other is if “Find my iPhone” is switched on, you need to follow on-screen instructions to reset your device by going to "Settings > General > Reset All Settings". Then the software begins removing the Apple ID.
Now you can create a new Apple ID and or register with a different on your device.
With the help of this very application iMyFone LockWiper, you could easily prevent your device from blocking by the wrong Apple ID.
Solve Problem “iPhone is asking for Wrong Apple ID” without Tool
iMyFone LockWiper can work as the ultimate solution to the issue “iPhone asking for old Apple ID”, but you can also solve this issue at certain times without any unlocking tool or service. Below are several free universal methods:
1Remove Wrong Apple ID on iPhone
If your device is blocked, and the wrong Apple ID belongs to your family, friend or someone who you can contact, you can ask him/her to remove the Apple ID from that device.
Step 1: Go to the Apple device’s “Settings” app.
Step 2: Tap on the name ( the Apple ID banner) at the top of the screen.
Step 3: Scroll down, at the end of the many there will be a list of devices linked with the current Apple ID.
Step 4: Select your Apple device from the list which you’d wish to remove.
Step 5: Now click on “Remove from Account”.
- 1. This method only works if you know to whom the wrong Apple ID belongs and you can contact the ID’s owner.
- 2. If your device is not blocked, you can directly remove the Apple ID on your device by clicking “Sign Out” in step 3.
2Remove Wrong Apple ID in App Store
If the Apple ID in App Store is not your current one, you can sign it out and sign in your current one.
Step 1: Launch the “Settings” app on your device.
Step 2: If the iOS version is 10.3 or later, tap your name (the Apple ID field) then “iTunes & App Store”; if the iOS version is 10.3 or earlier, tap “iTunes & App Store” directly.
Step 3: Tap on the shown wrong Apple ID and tap “Sign Out”.
Step 4: Sign in your current Apple ID in Apple Store.
3Find Wrong Apple ID on iPhone
Here the wrong Apple ID refers to your Apple ID that you registered before.
Step 1: Go to the iforgot.apple.com on a browser and click “Look it up” when the page comes up.
Step 2: The page asks for the first name, last name and recovery email. Enter them one by one and click “Continue”.
Step 3: Then your account is found. Click “Go to Your Account” when the page directs you to applied.apple.com.
Step 4: At last, click on “Forgot Apple ID or Password”.
- 1. If you don’t have the recovery email you can also use your recovery phone number by clicking “don’t have email address”.
- 2. This method works if the Apple ID was registered by you before.
The general methods can work only in certain circumstances. But iMyFone LockWiper can be used easily without any password and excellently solve the issue “iPhone asking for old Apple ID”. The process of removing Apple ID with this software is a quick and easy process that does not require any prior technical knowledge. Try its Free Trial version to start now!