Your iPhone can be disabled for many reasons, maybe you have an old iPhone that you haven’t used for a long time, but need it for a backup now. And no matter what you do you just can’t get the passcode to work.
- Solution 1: iMyFone LockWiper - Best Solution to Unlock Disabled iPhone
- Solution 2: iPhone Disabled What to Do? Restore It through iTunes
- Solution 3: Access Your Disabled iPhone Using iCloud Find My iPhone
- Solution 4: Put Your Disabled iPhone into Recovery Mode
Top 4 Solutions to "iPhone is Disabled. Connect to iTunes" Error?
Is there any solution to enable your iPhone once it has been disabled? Below we will show you some options to get your disabled iPhone running again.
1 iMyFone LockWiper - Best Solution to Unlock Disabled iPhone
iMyFone LockWiper is a powerful tool that is extremely effective in unlocking your iPhone. It is the surest way of overcoming your issues related to your iPhone being blocked or disabled in any way.
Features of iMyFone LockWiper
- Bypass the screen passcode for locked, disabled iPhone or even those iDevices with broken screens.
- Remove the Apple ID from any iDevices without the need of passwords.
- Support all kinds of screen locks like 4-digit/6-digit passcode, face ID, touch ID and custom numeric code, etc.
- No technical skills required, all you have to do is follow the on-screen prompts to easily enable and unblock your iPhone.
- Compatible with all iOS versions and devices including iOS 12 and iPhone XS (Max).
How to Unlock Disabled iPhone with iMyFone LockWiper
Full instructions and screenshots can be found here, below is a quick-fire guide to show you how easy it is to use iMyFone LockWiper:
Step 1: Launch iMyFone LockWiper and click on “Unlock Screen Passcode” mode.
Click “Start” to initiate the procedure.
Connect your disabled iPhone to the computer and click on “Next”.
Step 2: Choose the proper firmware version and click on “Download” after confirming your device information.
Step 3: Tap on “Start Unlock” to begin the unlocking process.
In a few minutes, the screen lock will be removed from your disabled iPhone.
2 iPhone Disabled What to Do? Restore It through iTunes
The second solution is to connect your iPhone to the computer and launch iTunes . But this option will require you to restore your iPhone, which is all ok if you have backed up your things, otherwise, you will need to start over, unfortunately.
How to Restore Disabled iPhone with iTunes
- First of all, make sure you have iTunes on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer and open iTunes.
- Once the your device has been synced, click on “Restore” option.
- Wait for the process to finish, and you can access and set up your device again.
3 Access Your Disabled iPhone Using iCloud Find My iPhone
iPhone disabled what to do? You can also enable it by using iCloud, but you will need to have the “Find my iPhone” feature turned on. Using iCloud could be a more accessible option as not everybody will have iTunes on their computer these days (as they use the version on their iPhone). Remember you also need a backup of your iPhone or you will need to reload everything back on your device again.
Steps Involved are As Follows:
- Go to iCloud.com/find (use a different device)
- Sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click on “All Devices” at the top of the browser window.
- Select the iPhone that you want to restore and click “Erase”.
Once finished you can restore the device if you’ve been backing up your data in iCloud or iTunes.
4 Put Your Disabled iPhone into Recovery Mode
Recovery mode is very similar to that of the iTunes method above, in fact you have to use iTunes to do it. It will also reset your phone so it is a drastic method to use, but hopefully, you have backed up any apps, etc that you want to make your life easier to set everything back up again.
Steps to Using Recovery Mode
Step 1: Connect your disabled iPhone to the computer and launch iTunes.
Step 2: Force restart your iPhone following the steps below:
- On an iPhone X/iPhone 8 or later: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button.
- On an iPhone 7/7 Plus: Press and hold both the Side and Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
- On an iPhone 6s and earlier: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time.
Step 3: Hold the buttons until the you see the recovery mode screen.
Step 4: Once your iPhone get into recovery mode, iTunes on your computer will pop out a message with options of restore or update, click on “Restore”.
Once the restore is done, your disabled iPhone would start up like a new one. Then you can follow the set up process to restore your data.
Why Does an iPhone Get Disabled?
The main reason for your iPhone being disabled is that you have entered the passcode incorrectly several times when trying to open your phone.
Whether you had a brain block and just could not remember, or your child grabbed your phone and went crazy, after 10 times of wrong entry of the passcode you will be asked to connect your iPhone to iTunes.
Tips and Things to Remember
An important thing to take into account is that if you haven’t backed up your iPhone with either iCloud or iTunes, then any restoring of your iPhone will lead you to lose everything and start again. So remember to always back up your iPhone.
Sometimes when your iPhone is disabled you just need to wait for a certain period of time before it is enabled again. So we recommend that you wait instead of restoring your phone (especially if you haven’t backed up your iPhone).
So after taking on board all of the information given above, all is not lost when your iPhone becomes disabled. It might be frustrating and time consuming, but you will have your iPhone back up and running.
What to do when your iPhone is disabled? Using iMyFone LockWiper is probably the quickest and easiest way, and it has the added benefit of unlocking your Apple ID of your device also if there is a need.