Since the release of the latest version of iOS for iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X, everyone is trying to update their old iOS version to 11, 11.1, 11.2, and 11.3. The problem is that a huge amount of users are reporting their iPhone locked up after update.
This lock consists of a screen that requires a 4-6 digits password to use the phone. If you’re one of these victims you’re probably very concerned as you may have never even had a 6 digits password. So, you’ve probably gotten here looking for help to remove this iPhone lock after update.
Well, the good news is that you’ve found the right place as we’ll present you three different methods for unlocking your iPhone with and without the passcode.
1 iPhone Locked after Update? Unlock iPhone without iTunes
iMyFone LockWiper is a new tool specially designed to unlock your iPhone locked after update. With a set of features that will turn this apparently unsolvable problem into a tiny issue.
You’ll easily unlock any iDevice from any kind of locking problem, with iMyFone LockWiper:
- Its one-touch feature allows you to remove any password lock or iPhone Screen Lock as well as with any iDevice.
- But screen locks are not the only kind of issue this tool can solve for you; it also supports disabled screens, broken iOS screens, and others.
- The software can unlock all kinds of locks: 4 digit passcode, 6 digit passcode, face & touch ID.
- Compatible with all the latest versions of iOS (11,11.1,11.2,11.3) and latest models.
- Tests have proven that iMyFone LockWiper has a really high rate of success with iPhones locked up after update.
Steps to Unlock iPhone with iMyFone LockWiper
Step 1: First, you need to download iMyFone LockWiper on your PC and click “Start” after launching it on your computer.
Step 2: Connect your iDevice to the computer.
Step 3: Once, your phone is connected to iMyFone LockWiper, you can follow the steps on the interface to enter in the DFU mode.
Step 4: iMyFone LockWiper needs to confirm your iPhone information so, after it’s in DFU mode, a screen will be shown with your phone’s specs. If they don’t match, select the proper specifications. Then, click “Download” for downloading the firmware.
Step 5: After that, you can click “Start to Verify” to verify the firmware package.
Step 6: Click on “Start Unlock”.
Step 7: Enter “000000” to double confirm unlocking.
Step 8: The unlocking will begin. Please note that your previous data will be lost after unlocking.
2 iPhone Locked after Update? Unlock iPhone with iTunes
If your iPhone locked up after update, you can also unlock it with iTunes. This method is directed to those ones who synchronize their iPhones with iTunes. It’s also important to remember that you will lose any previous data if you’re using this method.
Actually, unlocking your iPhone with iTunes actually means erasing the whole device so you can also erase the passcode. For restoring your device with iTunes, follow these steps:
- Connect your iDevice to the computer you use for sync.
- Open iTunes (if you’re asked for a passcode, try recovery mode or another computer where you synced).
- Wait for your iPhone to recognized with iTunes.
- When it’s recognized, select it from the iPhone icon and then go to “Summary”. click on “Restore iPhone”.
- After clicking on it, just keep continue to restore your iPhone. When it finishs, your iPhone lock will be removed.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer. Launch iTunes.
- Turn off your iPhone first, then you can put your iPhone into Recovery Mode.
- After connect your iPhone to the iTunes. It will detect that your iPhone is in the recovery mode.
- A message will show up and tell you that your iPhone is detected in recovery mode and you should restore it before you can use it.
- Just click "OK" and it will be automatically recovered.
3 iPhone Locked after Update? Unlock iPhone Using Recovery Mode
In case you never synced your iPhone locked after update to any computer, you can still restore it with the recovery mode method. This method will also erase all the data on your iPhone.
For iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X: press and quickly release the volume up button. Repeat with the volume down button. Finally, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and you’ll see the the icon "Connect to iTunes"
For iPhone 7 or 7 Plus: press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the volume down button at the same time and keep pressing until you see the icon "Connect to iTunes".
For iPhone 6s or earlier: press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time and keep holding until you see the icon "Connect to iTunes".
With these methods, you’ll be able to unlock your iPhone and iPhone locked up after update will no longer a problem.