Apple has released iOS 12 to the public and as more and more users rush to download and update their systems, there have been reports that this iOS version is causing some unexpected problems. The most reported problem is that the iPhone screen freezes or is stuck on Apple logo after the iOS update. If your iPhone keeps on freezing, it generally disrupts your work and prevents you from using your device as usual. Fortunately, we are going to help you fix this problem.
What Causes iPhone Being Frozen
- Software problems, for example, iOS incompatibility with the iPhone model, rogue apps, incomplete software updates.
- Hardware issues. This can occur when your iPhone experiences internal or external hardware damage.
How to Fix iPhone Screen Is Frozen After iOS 12 Update
There are quite a number of methods to fix iPhone screen is frozen after iOS 12 update. We are only going to focus on those methods are practical and are efficient. This is aimed at educating users on the best ways to solve this problem in case they encounter it.
#1. Be Hassle-Free to Fix iPhone Frozen Screen
If your iPhone keeps on freezing and getting stuck on the Apple logo, you can fix this problem with the help of a professional tool. iMyFone LockWiper is the tool you need. It is a computer-based program (on Windows and Mac) designed to help iPhone users to remove screen locks on their devices when they forget the passcodes or when you buy a used iPhone and you do not know the exact passcode.
Using its integrated firmware package, this tool can also enable you to fix iOS issues including iPhone frozen after iOS 12 update. The package contains IPSW file that is capable of refreshing your iOS and fixing the software problems that might be causing the freezing issue.
Benefit A Lot from LockWiper
- Apply the latest iOS IPSW to fix frozen screen iPhone without stress, in less than 10 minutes
- Fix also iPhone stuck at recovery mode, black/white screen, Apple logo, etc.
- Help you get into locked, disabled or broken iPhone without entering password
- Support any iOS devices that’s locked by 4-digit or 6-digit passcode, Face ID, and Touch ID
- Fully support all iOS versions, including the latest iOS 12
- Fix Apple ID issue by removing it completely from device without password.
Steps to Fix iPhone Is Frozen After iOS 12 Update Problem
Step 1: Once downloaded iMyFone LockWiper, click on Start to commence the process.
Step 2: Link your iPhone to the computer using a compatible USB cable and click Next.
Step 3: Download the firmware package. Click on Download button on the tool’s interface to start the downloading process.
Step 4: Wait a minutes to download and verify the firmware.
Step 5: Once the process is successful, you will need to click on Start to Extract.
Step 6: Enter 000000 as the confirmation code. And wait for the program unlock your iPhone successfully.
Be patient as the tool removes the screen lock, fixes the iOS issues including the iPhone is frozen after an update issue. You will be notified once the process is complete.
#2. Force Restart Your iPhone
This is by far the first thing most users will do if they experienced the iPhone screen is frozen after iOS 12 update. The reason for this is simple, this method is the first option for fixing software glitches on a number of mobile phones. If the force restart method does not work in the first instance, you can repeat it several times until it fixes the problem. Here are steps to force restart your iPhone.
- If you own an iPhone X, 8, 8 Plus, you will have to press and quickly release the Volume Up button then press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then long press the Side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- If you own an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus, long press the Side button together with the Volume Down button for about 10 seconds until you are able to see the Apple logo.
- If you own an iPhone 6 or an earlier model, press and hold down the Home button and the Top or Side button together for about 10 seconds or until you are able to see the Apple logo on the screen.
#3. Restore iPhone in Recovery Mode
You can also use the Recovery mode to restore your device with iTunes. Here is how to do it.
Step 1. Connect your iPhone to a computer and launch iTunes.
Step 2. Force restart the device while it is still connected to the computer. Do this by long pressing the Side and Volume buttons simultaneously until you are able to see the Recovery mode is displayed on your screen.
Step 3. When you get to the Restore or Update option, simply choose Restore.
Step 4. iTunes will then download the software and update your device.
Note: Your iPhone will then exit the Recovery mode if it takes more than 15 minutes.Then you will have to repeat the second and third steps.