"I have never set up Screen Time passcode on my iPhone. Now it is on and I don’t know the passcode!" There’s a lot of complaint on the Apple community since the release of iOS 12/13.
Screen Time, also known as parental control, helps you to manage and control apps, limit iPhone usage time on your children’s iPhone or iPad. You can block unauthorized users from installing apps or making an in-app transaction on your iPhone. It would be a problem if iPhone asks for a Screen Time passcode you have never set. This article provides you three ways to unlock the iPhone Screen Time passcode never set.
iPhone Screen Time Passcode Never Set, Try Default Passcode First
If you face the iPhone Screen Time passcode never set after the upgrade to iOS 12/13, you should try out the default Screen Time passcode first. This is the default Screen Time passcode for iPhone, iPad, and iPod: "0000" or "1234". This circumstance rarely happens. If this method does not work on your iPhone, you should refer to the following two methods.
iPhone Screen Time Passcode Never Set, Remove it Using LockWiper
If the default passcode won’t work on your iPhone, you can try to use the third-party application. We highly recommend you to use the professional unlocking tool - iMyFone LockWiper. It removes your Screen Time passcode in 5 minutes while ensuring the integrity of your data. Featuring the simple and user-friendly interface, it is quite easy to use.
Key features of iMyFone LockWiper:
- It removes Screen Time passcode easily in 4 simple steps.
- It keeps all of the data complete on the iPhone while removing the Screen Time passcode.
- Apple ID can be completely removed without having the password.
- It is very efficient and effortless to use; it does not require special skills.
- Security features such as digital lock, face ID and fingerprint can be removed easily within a few minutes.
Steps of using LockWiper to remove Screen Time passcode:
Step 1. Open the LockWiper home screen, select the option of "Unlock Screen Time Passcode".
Step 2. Then connect your iPhone/iPad/iPod with the PC.
Step 3. Click on the "Start to Unlock" option, then the software will start unlocking.
Step 4. The software removes the Screen Time passcode, while keeping your data intact.
iPhone Screen Time Passcode Never Set, Use Recovery Mode
We do not recommend this approach. It removes your Screen Time passcode while erasing all of your data from your iOS device. You will lose all of your photos, messages, contacts, and other files stored on your iPhone. You won’t be able to restore your backup via iTunes, because your backup includes your previous Screen Time passcode. You should take the following steps:
1. Download and install iTunes on your Mac or PC.
2. Connect your iPhone to a computer and launch iTunes, then follow the steps:
- iPhone X or later, and iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus: Press then release the Volume Up button. Press then release the Volume Down button. Press and hold the Side button. Don’t release the Side button when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding the Side button until you see the recovery-mode screen.
- iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, and iPod touch (7th generation): Press and hold the Side button and Volume Down button at the same time. Keep holding both buttons when you see the Apple logo. Release both buttons when you see the recovery-mode screen.
- iPhone 6s or earlier, iPod touch (6th generation or earlier), or iPad with Home button: Press and hold the Home button and the Side button or Top button at the same time. Keep holding both buttons when you see the Apple logo. Release both buttons when you see the recovery-mode screen.
3. In iTunes, choose the option of "Restore". iTunes will download software for your device.
4. Then you can set up your iPhone or iPad as a new device.
1. If iTunes takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode automatically. You'll need to repeat the steps.
2. Your data will be erased after resetting.
If you face the iPhone Screen Time passcode never set after upgrading, you can refer to the above three methods. iMyFone LockWiper specially designed for iOS users provides the most reliable and efficient way. It enables you to remove your forgotten Screen Time passcode while keeping all of your data intact.