“My iPod says disabled connect to iTunes” this is a common incident among many iPod users. This message simply means that it is completely locked down and you can no longer use it.
Your iPod touch can be disabled by your kid or a friend trying to access your device by entering the wrong passcode repeatedly. If this happens, your iPod will be disabled and you will receive a message that says iPod is disabled connect to iTunes fix. Fortunately, when your iPod is disabled, there are several ways to fix it.
iPod is Disabled Connect to iTunes? How to Fix
When your iPod says disabled connect to iTunes, that means your iPod is permanently disabled. The only way to fix it is to restore your iPod, which will remove all the data and settings. Once done, you can set up your iPod again.
But what if you don’t want to lose any data on iPod? Is it possible? It depends. You can use the iTunes you synced to iPod before to back up your iPod before you restore it.
How to Back Up Disabled iPod: Connect your iPod to computer and open iTunes. iTunes will automatically sync and back up your iPod. If not, you can go to “Summary” page and click “Back Up Now”.
- But note that, the iTunes should be the one you used to sync to iPhone before. If it asks for passcode during the process, please change to another iTunes that you synced before.
- Besides, if your iPod iOS version is 11 or later, “USB Accessories” (which you can find in “Settings > Touch ID & Passcode) must be enabled. Or iTunes backup is not available for you.
After backup, you can choose the way below to fix your disabled iPod.
How to Fix A Disabled iPod with Official LockWiper
If you do not have a passcode, cannot access iTunes, you can also unlock a disabled iPod using iMyFone LockWiper. It is a tool that allows you to bypass your device without a passcode in a few minutes. This tool supports locked, broken screen and disabled iPod and iPhone.
Unlock Disabled iPod with LockWiper
- Assist you remove the disabled screen and get access to iPod again
- Instantly remove iPod screen lock without any passcode, like 4/6 digit passcode, Face ID, Touch ID...
- Be able to unlock iPod from iCloud account or Apple ID without password and easily switch to a different account
- Support all iOS version and all iPod touch, iPads, iPhones
Download LockWiper to Instantly Fix iPod Disabled Connect to iTunes
Step 1: Launch iMyFone Lockwiper on your computer and connect your iPod to computer. Choose "Unlock Screen Passcode" from the home interface.
Step 2: Click “Start” on LockWiper. Your iPod will be detected. Just click "Donwload" to continue.
Step 3: When it's done, click "Start to Extract" and it will unpack the downloaded file.
Step 4: Then click "Start Unlock" and you will be asked to confirm the unlocking process.
LockWiper free trial allows you to check it’’s available for you or not. When you click “Unlock” at the last step, it will ask you to register first. So get the license here to register it and finish the whole unlocking process: Everything You Need to Know about iMyFone LockWiper Registration Code >>
iPod Is Disabled Connect to iTunes Fix via iCloud
You can also remotely erase a disabled iPod via iCloud. iCloud lets you restore your iPod without the need of using a computer. With Find My iPod feature you can reset your device.
This is as long as you registered your device with your Apple ID and that the Find My iPod feature was activated in the iCloud menu. But make sure your iPod must be connected to internet.
- All you got to do is to visit icloud.com on another device or your computer, sign in to iCloud using your Apple ID and passwode that you used to sign in using your iPod.
- Click on Find iPhone once you are signed in.
- Click on All Devices button and choose your iPod from the list.
- Then hit the Erase button and finally confirm. This will start the reset process on your device. Once the process completes, set up your device as new.
How to Fix iPod A Disabled in Recovery Mode
The Recovery Mode is the last method you can use. This method will enable you to restore your iPod without the use of a passcode. This means that you will lose all your data.
- Connect your iPod to computer and open iTunes.
- While connecting, operate to put your iPod into recovery mode. Just press and hold the Home and Top buttons at the same time until the iTunes logo appears on your iPod.
- On your computer, you will see the option to Restore or Update. Choose Restore.
- iTunes will automatically download the latest iOS software specifically for your device. Once this is complete, choose Set Up as New iPhone. This will restore your iPod to a new device.
But note that, if it takes more than 15 minutes, your iPod will exit the recovery mode. Then you need to repeat the steps again until it finally works.
To sum it all up, we have a video that will teach you to reset any disabled or password locked iPod, iPad or iPhone. The video explains step by step process to follow and be able to reset or unlock your disabled iPod. Pay close attention to everything explained and after watching it you will be able to reset your iPhone, iPod or iPad like a pro.