The purpose of Restrictions is to block certain features on your iOS devices. It is also known as parental control, capable of hiding apps, books with explicit ratings and preventing in-app purchases.
If you lost its four-digit passcode, your Restrictions cannot be changed or disabled. You are unable to access the restricted features on iPhone until you remember the passcode. In this article, we will introduce the two different approaches to solve this problem.
Lost Restrictions Passcode, Recover it without Restoring
If you lost your Restrictions passcode, it’s nearly impossible to recover it. But don’t worry, we will introduce you the third-party software that can solve your problem easily. iMyFone LockWiper is a professional unlocking software specially designed for iOS users. It is capable of recovering your lost Restrictions passcode without losing files on your iPhone or iPad. Here we will give you the step-by-step solution to recover your Restrictions passcode.
Key features of iMyFone LockWiper:
- The tool is designed to recover the lost Restrictions passcode within a few minutes.
- You can access your restricted features after recovering Restrictions passcode with LockWiper.
- The data stored on your iPhone or iPad will not be lost after recovery.
- It does not require special technical skills; everyone can use it.
- Apple ID and screen lock can be completely removed without having the password.
- Perfect for all iOS versions and iPhone/iPad/iPod models.
Steps to recover lost Restrictions passcode using LockWiper:
Step 1. Install and launch LockWiper. Choose the option of "Unlock Screen Time Passcode". Then connect your iOS device to PC or Mac.
Step 2. Click on the "Start to Unlock" button, then the software will start to find your lost Restrictions passcode.
Step 3. LockWiper recovers your lost Restrictions passcode successfully without erasing files on iPhone or iPad.
Lost Restrictions Passcode, Remove it by Restoring
Before restoring with iTunes, you need to know that this way will definitely lead to data loss on your iPhone or iPad. If you want to restore from an iTunes or iCloud backup, your lost Restrictions passcode will be restored to your device again. And you will be stuck in entering a Restrictions passcode again! So you have to restore your iOS device to factory settings.
Before starting, please make sure you meet the following requirements, or you cannot use this method:
1. You have the latest version of iTunes on your Mac or PC.
2. "Find My iPhone" is disabled: go to "Settings > [Your Name] > iCloud", then turn off "Find My iPhone".
Here is the steps to restore your device to factory settings:
Step 1. Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer and launch iTunes.
Step 2. Go to "Summary" tab, then click on "Restore iPhone".
Step 3. Click on "Restore" to confirm. Then iTunes will erase your iPhone/iPad and install the latest iOS version.
Step 4. After restoring, you'll be able to access your iOS device without Restrictions passcode.
What are Restrictions on iPhone?
Restrictions are mostly used by parents to create a healthy online environment for their children. By setting a separate four-digit passcode, parents can control their children’s access to all features on iPhone or iPad. Parents can block specific apps, and restrict the settings on the child's device. Here are the most commonly used features of Restrictions:
- Prevent iTunes & App Store purchases: child won't be able to purchase or download content from iPhone, including iTunes, iBook, Podcast, Apple Music.
- Prevent explicit content: it controls the types and maturity levels of content your child can view on the iPhone.
- Changes to privacy settings: it gives you control over the privacy and security settings on your child's iPhone.
This article provides you two ways to recover or remove your lost Restrictions passcode. We suggest you use the specialist unlocking tool - iMyFone LockWiper, which allows you to find back your passcode without losing data. It is much safer to use and ensures the 100% success rate.