According to recent studies and reviews from the users, it has been declared that the iPhone is not an easy device to use and manage. You might have to face some issues regarding the phone's security or privacy because it is tough to unlock it if you forget its password, and there's no backup too.
Are you an iPhone user? Have you ever faced a situation where you had to reset the iCloud password, but then you did not know how to do it? We agree that you might have faced such issues, but you won't have to go through such problems. We have this little guide prepared for all the iPhone users out there. Here, we will discuss 5 ways that will help you change iCloud password.
Way 1: Reset iCloud Password on the iPhone
Your usage of the iPhone depends quite too much on your iCloud. Therefore, when you forget its ID or password, you are disabled to perform any further tasks with your phone. Forgetting iCloud password is a real deal. We will tell you how you can reset it in the easiest way possible.
One of the easiest ways to do this is by using your own Apple iPhone, where you've logged in your ID and password. For this process, you need to know your phone's password to unlock it, and then you can reset the iCloud password very conveniently.
You need to follow the steps given below to use this method:
- Unlock your iPhone by using 6-digit password, where you’ve logged in your Apple ID/iCloud.
- Go to “Settings” and click on your name at the top.
- Click on "Password and Security," and it will show you the option of changing your password.
- It will require you to enter your 6-digits password of your iPhone to change your password; therefore, you won't have to remember or enter your previous one.
- A new screen will appear where you can enter your new password and then retype it for verification in a few seconds.
- Once you click on “Change,” it will be confirmed as your new Apple ID password.
This is one of the most convenient methods that you can use to change the password quickly in a few minutes. However, if, in the worst case, you do not even remember your password for unlocking your phone, then you'll have to shift on another options for resetting the iCloud password. Continue reading to learn about more ways that you can use for changing iCloud password.
Way 2: Reset iCloud Password via Mac
Changing your iCloud password is not tricky when you have a MacBook. It becomes relatively easy as compared to a standard PC or laptop. You need to follow the steps given below to change your password via Mac.
- Open your Mac.
- Open your "system preferences/settings," It will pop a little screen that consists of all the details along with your name and picture.
- Click on your name, and you'll see the details about your ID and password.
- Click on “Password and Security,” which is the same option as you see on your iPhone.
- There you'll see your ID and an option for "change password." Click on it, and a little box will pop up, asking for a verification password.
- Enter your Mac password that you use to unlock it.
- Click “Allow,” and now you can easily create a new password.
Way 3: Reset iCloud Password via Apple ID Account Page
Resetting your iCloud password via the Apple ID account page is as easy as other options. You can use this option when you don't have a Mac or use Windows on your laptop. It doesn't matter what browser you choose because this account page can be accessed through any browser. It can be a safari, Firefox, chrome, or any other. Now, follow the steps given below to reset iCloud password through this method:
- Open your most preferred browser.
- Type "iforgot.apple.com" as it will lead you to the page of apple account.
- It becomes essential for you to remember your Apple ID for resetting your password, or else it might get challenging to recover both the ID and password at the same time.
- A page will appear with a narrow bar, where you'll have to enter your email. It will lead you to another page that consists of your linked phone numbers after entering your email.
- If the numbers linked to your account are still accessible, then go ahead with it.
- Once you guess your phone number correctly and have a two-step verification linked to your iPhone, then a message will pop up on your screen asking for permission.
- Allow it and access your account freely with the utmost ease.
Way 4: Reset iCloud Password via Two-Factor Authentication
Two-factor authentication is another way that adds an extra layer of security in your Apple ID. It ensures that it’s you only, whenever your ID is being login on any device. When you’re using this option, it ensures that your account is only accessed on trusted devices or web. While logging in to a new device, you'll have to enter two authentication factors: your password and six-digit verification code that is automatically sent to all your trusted devices. You should not confuse verification code with a password, because both of these are different.
Once you add the code and password, you're qualified to log in to this new device. In such instances, your password is not enough for verification. Hence, we have this option for a more substantial security purpose that keeps your account safe and secure.
Once you have signed in a new device, there won't be any more quests about verification codes because now Apple has it in its data. You'll only need more verification if you sign out of this device entirely by removing all the caches and previous data.
If you don't remember your password, you can use this two-factor authentication to sign in to your account and reset the iCloud password.
Way 5: Reset iCloud Password via iMyFone LockWiper
All the steps mentioned above are although authentic and verified, but you might have to come across situations where you do not have your iPhone password, or you do not remember the number linked to your Apple ID. All these cases might cause you trouble to change the iCloud password. However, you do not have to worry anymore because we have another best option to resolve all your worries.
iMyFone LockWiper is designed to perform two unique functions: remove (bypass) Apple ID/iCloud account on all activated Apple devices even when Find My iPhone is enabled, and unlock Apple device screen locks without a password.
Therefore, if you want to remove iCloud password and account on an activated Apple device, then consider using iMyFone LockWiper. This tool also comes with numerous benefits and features that would help you if you forgot iCloud password to your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch even when Find My iPhone is enabled.
Let LockWiper help you remove iCloud account
- Removes the original iCloud account and password from the iOS device even when Find My iPhone is enabled.
- Remove the previous iOS device owner's iCloud account without providing the password.
- Gives you full control over your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- Unlocks iPhone, iPad and iPod touch screen locks without a passcode.
Steps to remove iCloud account and password using iMyFone LockWiper:
Step 1. First of all, you need to launch iMyFone LockWiper and choose “Unlock Apple ID” from all other options shown on the screen.
Step 2. Connect your iOS device to trust the connection. Then click “Start to Unlock” to begin.
Step 3. If “Find My iPhone” has been turned off on your iDevice, the program will start to unlock Apple ID on your device.
If your “Find My iPhone” has been turned on, please go to "Settings > General > Reset All Settings" to set up first.
Step 4. In just a few secods, iMyFone LockWiper will unlock your Apple ID successfully and remove iCloud account password without any hassles.
People Also Ask...
1. Is iCloud password the same as Apple ID password?
The Apple ID and iCloud are different accounts, but they can be accessed with the same account and password. Users have to use their Apple ID to log into iCloud. Hence, the ID and password remain the same.
2. What can someone do with your iCloud password?
If an unknown gets to know your iCloud password, he can see all the data stored. They can view your pictures, videos, and all other data stored in it.
3. How do I keep my iCloud private？
You need to back-up your account regularly and keep changing your password, so the hackers do not find a way to get into your iCloud, and it stays private.