Buying a pre-owned iPhone on eBay or Amazon is usually cheap, but most of these used devices come with one type of lock or another. If you bought an iPhone with a lock, you would first want to know the type
Find out the Type of Lock on Your iPhone
Any iPhone can be locked to these three different types of lock, and if you bought a used iPhone, there is a possibility that it’s locked to any of these:
- Screen Lock: If iPhone requires a passcode before you can see the Home page, then the device is screen locked.
- iCloud Activation Lock: When you try to set up the iPhone, it says the iPhone is linked to an iCloud account. You need to enter the Apple ID and passcode. That means your iPhone is iCloud activation locked.
- Network Carrier Lock: If you can’t use any other SIM card in the iPhone, then it’s carrier locked. In general, when you put your SIM card, iPhone will says it’s not supported.
All these types of locks can be unlocked if you know the right solution to apply.
How to Unlock Any iPhone Screen Lock without Passcode
It’s impossible to recover an iPhone passcode without factory resetting the device. Therefore, the best option for everyone who lost his or her iPhone passcode is to use an efficient, cheap and fast iPhone unlocking tool known as iMyFone LockWiper.
LockWiper can unlock any iPhone with a screen lock, and this can be achieved within 5 minutes. Its cutting-edge features have made it the favorite iPhone unlocker for everyone who forgot his iPhone passcode. Its your best tool for unlocking any iPhone.
Why Does LockWiper Recommended?
- Efficiently remove iPhone screen lock from any iPhone without any password.
- Help you get into iPhone when it’s disabled without connecting to iTunes.
- Unlock any iPhone with a broken screen, bugs or faulty keys.
- Promise to successfully unlock second-hand iPhone without any hassle
- Compatible with the all models of iPhone and versions of iOS, including iPhone XR/XS and iOS 12.
Steps to Unlock Any iPhone without Passcode
Step 1. Launch LockWiper on macOS or Windows computer, click the “Start” tab and connect the locked iPhone to the computer using Apple’s lightning cable.
Step 2. Switch to DFU mode (the instructions on how to put iPhone in DFU mode can be found on LockWiper screen).
Step 3. Download the firmware package for your iPhone by clicking the “Download” tab. Click “Start to Verify” tab to verify the device when the firmware download is complete.
Step 4. Click the “Start Unlock” tab. Enter “000000” into the box to confirm your request, and click “Unlock” to unlock your iPhone.
iMyFone LockWiper free trial allows you to verify this method will be working for you or not. If you need to complete the whole process, please get a registration code to activate the full use first: iMyFone LockWiper Official Registration Code >>
How to Unlock Any iPhone Locked with iCloud Activation
For Second-Hand iPhones:
Unlocking any iPhone locked with iCloud activation lock is not possible unless the previous owner of the device intervenes to remove the lock.
You can ask the previous owner for the Apple ID and passcode, if he refuses it. You can ask he to erase the iPhone from its iCloud account remotely. He just need to log in to icloud.com and select your iPhone to remove from account.
Once done, you can set up your iPhone as brand new and link it to your own iCloud account.
For Your Own iPhone:
If the iPhone is linked to your iCloud account and you just forgot the password, you can try to recover the iCloud password.
Step 1. Navigate to iforgot.apple.com in any web browser.
Step 2. Enter your Apple ID email address, and click “Continue”.
Step 3. Enter the phone number that you use with your Apple ID and click “Continue”.
Step 4. On your iPhone, you will receive a notification. Tap “Allow” or “Show” in the notification shown on your iPhone.
Step 5. Follow the onscreen instructions to reset your password.
How to Unlock Any iPhone Locked by Network Carrier
If you’re not certain whether the iPhone you bought is carrier locked or unlocked, you can check to know through the Settings app or by ejecting the SIM card and putting another carrier’s card in the SIM port. If you can use the device to make calls after inserting the new SIM card, then the iPhone is unlocked, but if not, the iPhone is locked.
Unlocking any iPhone that’s carrier locked is legal, but you may not be able to unlock any of the following class of iPhones:
- iPhone that the previous owner bought from a network carrier and failed to complete the payment.
- iPhone that’s reported to the network carrier or security agents as lost or stolen.
However, if the iPhone is not in these classes, then you can use iPhoneIMEI.net to unlock the device. Here is how it works:
Step 1. Log on to www.iPhoneimei.net.
Step 2. Select your version of iPhone.
Step 3. Select your country and network.
Step 4. Enter your iPhone IMEI number (dial *#06# to get it).
Step 5. Click the “Unlock now!” tab.
Step 6. Make the necessary payment and enter your email address. They will notify you when your iPhone is carrier unlocked. In general, it will take 3 days.
Please, don’t forget that nothing unlocks an iPhone screen lock without passcode like iMyFone LockWiper. So, get a copy of this software to unlock your device.