WhatsApp is by far the most popular social messaging apps on the planet and for those of us who use the app on a daily basis; there is a lot of data associated with it. Seeing as the app can carry data about your personal and work life, the data is very important which means when you decide to switch devices, you will want to transfer this data on to your new device.
But anyone who has ever tried to transfer any kind of data from one device to another knows just how difficult the process is. This transfer of data is made even more difficult if you are attempting to move app data like WhatsApp data across platforms-like from Android to iPhone. The good news is there are several tools that can help with this problem. One of the most popular is Backuptrans Android WhatsApp to iPhone Transfer. In this article, we will take a look at its functionality and provide you with a more efficient alternative.
1. Why Do You Need a Tool to Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone?
It is a well-established fact that there is no official way to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone. This is because the app doesn’t have a dedicated cloud service that can allow for cross platform data transfer. When you backup WhatsApp data on your Android device, it will be stored on the Google Drive and when you backup on the iPhone, the backup data will be stored in iCloud. These two cloud services use very different encryption protocols and as such, you can’t restore Google Drive data on the iPhone or iCloud data on the Android device.
2. About Backuptrans Android WhatsApp to iPhone Transfer
Backuptrans therefore provides a very important service, allowing users to bypass the problem of data encryption and easily transfer the WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone. To do that, the program has a number of features that are very useful. These features include the following;
- It is compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems.
- It also supports most Android device models and can also extract media like photos and videos as well as documents from the device.
- It also a feature that allows you to simply print out the WhatsApp messages directly from the device.
- It has a simple to use backup feature that can be used to create a full backup of your WhatsApp messages to PC.
The following are the advantages and disadvantages of using Backuptrans Android WhatsApp to iPhone Transfer software:
- You can use it to move WhatsApp messages from your Android device to iPhone directly.
- The software has great customer service and offers free lifetime updates for license holders.
- You can also use it to export the WhatsApp messages to TXT, HTML, CSV, PDF or DOC files.
- The program’s user interface is not the easiest to navigate. In fact, you may have a hard time locating some features.
- You may use it to create a backup of the WhatsApp data to your computer, but you won’t be able to restore the data back to your device.
- The process of transferring data to your iPhone is lengthy and very time consuming.
- Backuptrans doesn’t support selective backup of data.
3. Best Backuptrans Android WhatsApp to iPhone Transfer Alternative
If you want a faster, more effective solution to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone, you may want to try iTransor for WhatsApp. This program is designed for this specific purpose which means it is easier to use than Backuptrans and it has a higher success rate. Some of its most useful features include the following:
- It is completely free to back up WhatsApp messages and media files like photos and videos on your Android/iPhone
- You can use it to easily transfer WhatsApp messages from one device to another even cross-OS.
- You can also restore a WhatsApp backup very easily to iPhone 11/XS (Max)/XR/X/8/7/ or Android device.
- The program guarantees the safety of the data on your device during the entire process.
Here's how to use iTransor for WhatsApp to transfer WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone:
Step 1: Install iTransor for WhatsApp onto your computer and then launch the program. Click on “Transfer WhatsApp between Devices” and then connect both devices to the program.
Step 2: Wait for the program to detect both devices. As soon as the devices are detected, click on “Transfer” to begin the process. Ensure that the Android device is the “Source” device and the iPhone is the “Destination” device. If this order is incorrect, click on “Flip” to correct the order.
Step 3: The program will begin transferring the data immediately. Keep the devices connected to the computer until the process is complete.
If you have tried to transfer WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone and encountered some difficulties, a tool like Backuptrans can help. But b is a far easier tool to use and provides more room to maneuver, allowing you selectively transfer WhatsApp messages across devices.