“I have a problem with my WhatsApp backup. I am trying to restore the chats back on the device but I keep getting an error message saying “No Backup Found”. I know I backed up WhatsApp in iCloud and I have enough storage on the device. Can anyone help?”
WhatsApp backup problems are not uncommon in iPhone users and while the “iCloud Backup not Found” issue can be particularly stressful, it is not without its causes or solutions. In this article, we will take a look at this particular problem and how to fix it.
Before we get to the solutions, it is important to point out that backing up the phone via iCloud is very different from backing up WhatsApp from within the app. Therefore the solution we recommend will depend on which backup method you chose.
If you backed up your Phone via iCloud
If You Backed up your iPhone via iCloud through Settings > iCloud > Backup now, try the following solutions:
First, Make Sure You Are Restoring the device Correctly
The correct procedure for restoring your iCloud backup is as follows;
- Step 1: Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap “Erase all Contents and Settings”.
- Step 2: Follow the prompts to set up the device and in the Apps & Data Screen, tap “Restore from iCloud Backup”.
- Step 3: Sign in to iCloud and then choose the backup you want to restore.
Try the Following Troubleshooting
If you are still getting an error message every time you try to restore the backup and you are certain the Wi-Fi network you are using is working, try the following solutions:
- Erase the iPhone and set it up as new.
- Check if you are running the latest version of iOS. If not update the device.
- Try using a different Wi-Fi network.
- If everything doesn’t work, contact Apple support for assistance.
If you backed up WhatsApp via WhatsApp
If you Backed up WhatsApp via their app by going to WhatsApp > Settings > Chats > Chat Backup > Back Up Now, try the following instructions:
First, Make Sure You Are Restoring the Backup Correctly
- Step 1: Go to WhatsApp > Settings > Chats > Chat Backup to verify that the backup exists.
- Step 2: Now delete WhatsApp from your device and the reinstall it from the App Store.
- Step 3: Follow the prompts and once you have verified your phone number tap “Restore Chat History” to restore WhatsApp chats to the device.
Try the Following Troubleshooting
If you are certain you’re using the right procedures to restore the device, but you are still having problems. Try the following:
- Begin by verifying that you are using the same phone number and the same iCloud account that you used to create the backup.
- Ensure that there is enough storage space on the device to restore the backup
- If the backup was created in iCloud Drive, you can only restore it an iPhone running iOS 8 or later
- Try using a different Wi-Fi network to restore the device
Consider a new way to backup and restore your WhatsApp
This problem and many others like it are a clear indication that while iCloud may present a great solution for automatically backing up WhatsApp data, a small error can result in the loss of very important WhatsApp data. There is need therefore for a tool that will not just simplify the process of backing up and restoring data on WhatsApp, but also one that ensure all your data is backed up to a secure location.
The best tool to backup and restore a WhatsApp backup is iTransor for WhatsApp. With it, you can back up your WhatsApp messages on your iPhone or Android device to your computer and then use it to restore the messages to any other iPhone or Android device you want without os-restriction easily.
How to Use iTransor to Backup WhatsApp
Follow these simple steps to use iTransor for WhatsApp to backup all WhatsApp data;
- Step 1: Install iTransor on to your computer and launch it. Click on “Backup WhatsApp on Devices” and then connect the device to the computer using USB cables.
- Step 2: Click “Backup” as soon as the program detects the device and then keep the device connected to the computer until the process is complete. Disconnect the device when you receive notification that the backup has been successful.
How to Use iTransor to Restore WhatsApp Backup
Follow these simple steps to restore the backup on your device using iTransor for WhatsApp;
- Step 1: In the program’s main window, select “Restore WhatsApp to Devices” and then select the backup file you would like to restore to the device.
- Step 2: Now, connect your device to the computer using an USB cable and when the program detects the device, click on “Restore” to begin the process. The program will notify you once the process is complete.