Privacy is very important especially in today’s world where data criminals are on the prowl looking for any slightest available information on someone so as to wreck havoc on them. To ensure that your messages do not fall into the wrong hands is the major reason why you should erase your text messages especially if you are to transfer ownership of your device by selling or donating it.
It is important to understand that there is a difference between deleting and erasing text messages. For example, just deleting the messages is not adequate because it can be recovered, but erasing them means you are wiping them out of the system entirely in such a way that it cannot be recovered.
How to Permanently Erase Text Messages from Mobile
There are two major ways to wipe text messages from your device however, the difference lies in the fact that there outcome is slightly different from one another. While both can be seen as doing the job, the efficacy of one of them could be called into question. Let us see the methods below.
Factory Reset: The most common way to erase your text messages off your device is by doing a factory reset. A factory reset may be desirable but it is important to understand that it may not be ideal especially when privacy of your information is on the line.
Note that what the factory reset will do is to clear the messages at the application level but will not totally remove the trace from the system. This means that it can be retrieved especially by using a data recovery tool.
In addition, often there isn’t the option to only erase mobile text message, maybe we should erase all phone data to make several messages get erased. Therefore, factory reset will certainly not be ideal when it comes to erasing text messages containing private information.
iMyFone Data Eraser: Fortunately, the iMyFone data eraser for iPhone or iMyFone data eraser for Android is the professional mobile data eraser including your text message supported by iOS and Android and guaranteed to secure your private data from data criminals.
It can erase all current data and previously deleted data with an assurance of being 100% unrecoverable. The implication is that you do not have to worry about donating or selling your device to another user as your data privacy is guaranteed. Permanently overwrite deleted files making it better than the factory reset option.
Erase Text Messages with iMyFone Data Eraser
Step 1:Connect your device.
Step 2:Select the data erase mode.
Step 3: Erase your device permanently.
Why Choose iMyFone
- Data Unrecoverable: Normal deleting or factory rest cannot remove the data of your phone completely and this includes your text messages and this means that they can be recovered with data recovery tools. However, iMyFone data eraser erases your text messages and other data from your device making them 100% unrecoverable even with the best data recovery tools in the market.
- Selectively Erase Data: iMyFone has the capability of erasing specific data on your device. It scans your device to fish out all data that could be erased and then you can select the ones you want to be wiped out.
- Erase Deleted Data:In some cases, most people find themselves deleting data normally thinking it is the best way to secure their data privacy but the reality is that a normal delete will not wipe or erase your data. However, the good thing is that iSkysoft is capable of scanning your device for these already deleted data and then wiping them out from your device in such a way that they cannot be seen or recovered again.
- Erase Modes:It has 5 data erase modes which gives you better option when erasing data off your device.
- Supported Devices: iMyFone is supported by most devices from iPads, IPhone, iPod touch to Android.