Just like before, when you saw the notification of new iOS availability (iOS 13/12) or you heard about it in the news, you grabbed your device to go through the process of update. However, this time the situation is not the same. You are not able to succeed and the iPhone update stopped halfway. Are you in the same case? If yes, don't be upset. There are many users who have come across the same problem. iOS 13/12 update stopping halfway could be be caused by various reasons including busy server, network issue and so on. In this article, we have a beneficial and helpful discussion for you. Please have a look and learn what to when the iPhone update stops halfway.
1. How Long Does It Take to Update to iOS 13/12?
Keeping the answer straight and simpler, the time taken during the upgrading to iOS 13/12 is all based on how much amount of data your device contains. The number of files, the more time consuming the process will be. If your iOS device carries a few numbers of or no files at all, the process will be faster and can be completed in a matter of minutes. Hence, if you're constantly seeing the Apple logo with progress bar moving on the screen, you need to wait since a large number of files is responsible for the slow process, and your iPhone is still working on updating the software.
However, when you notice it takes more than usual time or iOS 13/12 update stops halfway, you need to take action immediately. Follow the tips mentioned below and get the problem fixed.
2. If It Stopped Halfway When Updating to iOS 13/12 Over the Air
When you are getting your device updated over the air and the process stops halfway, you need to try restoring your iPhone to the factory settings using recovery mode. For this, you need to take the help of iTunes. The steps that need to be followed for completion of the process are given just below. Follow them and see if your iPhone gets back to normal or not.
- Firstly, grab your respective iPhone and let it go to the recovery mode.
- For recovery mode, press and hold 'Home' and 'Power' buttons altogether when having iPhone 6 or models below then it. And when you have iPhone 7/7 Plus, hold down 'Power' and 'Volume Down' buttons simultaneously. With iPhone 8/XS/XS MAX press and release 'Volume Up' and then 'Volume Down' buttons. Now hold down the 'Power' button. You need to hold down the corresponding buttons until you see the 'connect to iTunes' screen on your device. If you are still not sure about that, check this guide.
- When you see the screen, get your device connected with a PC via USB cable.
- You will see the notification on the PC screen that your device in recovery mode has been detected by the iTunes.
- Now, just hit on the option 'OK” and click 'Restore' then. Finally, confirm the actions by clicking on 'Restore' again.
3. If It Stopped Halfway When Updating to iOS 13/12 using iTunes
When you were using iTunes for the update process and iPhone update stopped halfway, then we would suggest you give a try on a professional third-party tool for carrying on the update process. If you've no idea what tool to use, we recommend you iMyFone D-Back which will let you execute the whole process without any data loss. The speedy process, professional features like 'Fix iOS System' and the reliability and high performance make this tool stand out from others in the market. It is basically an iPhone data recovery tool, but it also fixes anything faulty with your iOS including iOS 13/12 and making your device back to normal. Here are the easy steps for using the tool.
Step 1 – Get the software by downloading it from its official page and launch it. After launching, make a connection between your iPhone and the PC via the cord supplied by Apple. After a successful connection, pick out the 'Standard Mode' from the main screen.
Step 2 – You will get the steps on the screen by following which you will put your device in DFU mode. Do the same and take your device in DFU mode.
Step 3 – Upon following the above steps correctly, you will get into the next screen where the downloading of the latest firmware will take place. All you need is to click on the 'Download' button and the program will do the rest thing.
Step 4 – When the downloading gets completed, you are required to hit on the 'Start to Fix' button. Wait for a short while until the process finishes. With the help of this tool, your device won't be stuck on the halfway of iOS 13/12 update.