[Sure Solved!] 3 Ultimate Options to Downgrade iOS 17beta on iPhone/iPad
Category: iOS 13 Issues
4 mins read
In this article:
- Things You Need to Know before Downgrading iOS 17 beta /iPadOS
- Way 1. Depend on Professional Software to Go Back to iOS 16
- Way 2. Downgrade iOS 17 beta/iPhone/iPad via Recovery Mode
- Way 3. Roll Back iOS/iPadOS Update with iTunes Backup
- FAQs on How to Degrade iOS 17 beta/iPadOS Version
Want to try the iOS 17 beta, but do meet the iOS 17 beta bugs? Need to downgrade iOS version now?
In fact, there are a lot of feedback from iPhone and iPad users, saying that they were not intended to upgrade iOS 16 to iOS 17 beta or they didn't know they have opened the automatic update function.
But unfortunately, they have found that this brings different iOS 17 issues then. So they want to know how to downgrade iOS 17 beta or iPadOS.
If you are one of them, then you don't need to worry at all. Here we will provide a detailed guide on iPhone/iPad downgrade.
Things You Need to Know before Downgrading iOS 17 beta/iPadOS
Before you initial downgrade iOS 17 beta or iPadOS process, here are some important tips you must be apprised. We have summarized them in point form.
- The downgrading iOS 17 beta/iPadOS process will erase all data on your iPhone/iPad, so ensure all data on your device is backed up.
- Since the downgrade process will take some time, so ensure you have at least 70 percent charge on your iPhone/iPad.
- Please make sure that you have installed the latest version of iTunes.
If you back up your iPhone/iPad via iTunes, please pay attention to the "iPhone won't connect to iTunes" issue.
If you use iCloud to make iPhone/iPad backup, ensure that your have enough iCloud storage.
If you encounter unknown errors while using the official methods, you can try professional iPhone/iPad backup tool.
If you need to revert iPhone to previous version like iOS 16, you can't miss the following 3 methods. Here is a simple contrast for you.
|with Specialized iOS Downgrade Tool||with Recovery Mode||via iPhone/iPad Backup Restore|
|Lose data or not|
|Success Rate||100% success rate||Sometimes failed||Sometimes failed|
|Download IPSW Manually|
|Ease of Use||Pretty easy to use||Complicated||Complicated|
Now jump to the method you prefer!
Way 1. Depend on Professional Software to Go Back to iOS 16
iMyFone Fixppo iOS System Recovery Software is a powerful, reliable, effective tool which is able to effortlessly and smoothly downgrade iOS 17 beta/16/15/14 to older versions without jailbreak. The whole process is pretty easy, you don't need to download IPSW file manually (wihtout iTunes).
- 100% Success Rate: As the best iTunes alternative. Fixppo's exclusive technology makes it simple to degrade from higher iOS version to lower one with 100% success rate.
- No Jailbreak, No Stuck: What's better, your can downgrade iOS 17 beta to iOS 16 without jailbreak and no stuck will occur during the whole process.
- Repair All iOS Issues: If you've encountered problems like stuck in recovery mode/DFU mode/Apple logo/screen frozen after installing the iOS 17 beta, iMyFone Fixppo will get these issues repaired after downgrade.
- Pretty Easy to Use: An easy-to-use interface is designed to help you repair your iOS devices within minutes.
- 100% Trustworthy: It is developed by iMyFone, which has been highly recommended by Makeuseof, Macworld, 9to5mac, Cult of Mac, Payetteforward and so on.
Now just check the following steps:
To get started, using the official iMyFone Fixppo link, download the latest version of the program, install it on your computer and then launch it.
Limited Time 10% OFF Coupon Code for iMyFone Fixppo:YTR5E7
Also, you can check the video guide to uninstall iOS 17 beta/iPadOS and install iOS 16/iPadOS with Fixppo.
Way 2. Downgrade iOS 17 beta via Recovery Mode
Another way to go back from iOS 17 beta is using Recovery Mode, this way will erase the device and then you'll either have to restore the device from a compatible backup, or set it up as new. Below are the detailed steps:
- iPhone 14/13/12 Pro/XS/ XR/ X/ 8: Press and release the Volume Up button, then press and release the Volume Down button, then press and hold the Power / Side button until you can see the recovery mode screen.
- iPhone 7/7 Plus: Press and release the Volume Up button, then press and release the Volume Down button, then press and hold the Power / Side button until you can see the recovery mode screen.
- iPhone 7/7 Plus: Press and hold the Power / Side button and Volume Down buttons at the same time, hold the buttons until the recovery mode screen shows up.
- iPad/iPad mini/iPad Pro: Press and hold the Power / Side button and Home buttons simultaneously, hold both buttons until the recovery mode screen appears.
- iPad Pro (2018) and newer with Face ID: Press and release the Volume Up button, then press and release the Volume Down button, then press and hold the Power / Side button until you see the recovery mode screen.
After all these, you can choose to restore the downgraded iPhone/iPad from iTunes backup or iCloud backup, or simply set it up as a new device.
Cannot Downgrade From iOS 17 beta? Find Solutions Here >>>
[Easiest] One-click downgrade iOS 17 to iOS16 >>>
Way 3. Roll Back iOS/iPadOS Update with iTunes Backup
Also you can downgrade iOS 17 beta/iPadOS to iOS/iPadOS 16 by removing the profile with iTunes. Below is how to do:
The above 3 methods only can be used when Apple still offers the permission. If the authentication is turned off, then it cannot be downgraded.
FAQs on How to Degrade iOS 17 beta/iPadOS Version
1. Can I Downgrade iOS by jailbreaking iPhone?
The answer is NO.
There is a certain risk if you want to downgrade iOS by jailbreaking your iPhone: if the jailbreak is successful, your device will have security risks; if it fails, your device will be forced to restore the latest iOS version or cannot use the device normally. So please choose carefully!
2. Whats If iOS Downgrade Stuck or Failed?
If the iOS downgrade stuck or failed, you can try iMyFone Fixppo to fix this kind of issue. Of course, you can also contact Apple Support, but you may spend a lot of time and money on it.
All methods which involve downgrading iOS 17 beta/iPadOS requires a computer, and if you want to downgrade iOS 17 beta to iOS 16 without jailbreak, iMyFone Fixppo is the real deal.
iMyFone Fixppo Key Features:
- Fixes iPhone problems like iPhone stuck on hello screen or top of iPhone screen not working.
- iOS issues can be dealt with easily with all your data remain intact.
- You can reset iPhone to factory settings if you want to sell it.
- It's beginner-friendly that requires no special skills.
Also, if you installing the iOS 17 beta/iPadOS and cannot back to the official iOS/iPadOS 16, this post can be helpful too.