Want to try the iOS 15 beta 3, but do meet the iOS 15 beta bugs? Need to downgrade iOS version now?
In fact, there are a lot of feedback from iPhone and iPad users, saying that they were not intended to upgrade iOS 14/13/12/11 to iOS 15 beta or they didn't know they have opened the automatic update function.
But unfortunately, they have found that this brings different iOS 15 beta issues then. So they want to downgrade iOS or downgrade iPadOS.
If you are one of them, then you don't need to worry at all. Here we will provide a detailed guide on iPhone/iPad downgrade.
- Things You Need to Know before Downgrading iOS/iPadOS
- Way 1. Depend on Professional Software to Go Back to iOS 14/13
- Way 2. Downgrade iPhone/iPad via Recovery Mode
- Way 3. Roll Back iOS/iPadOS Update with iTunes Backup
- FAQs on How to Degrade iOS/iPadOS Version
Things You Need to Know before Downgrading iOS/iPadOS
Before you initial downgrade iOS or iPadOS process, here are some important tips you must be apprised. We have summarized them in point form.
- The downgrading iOS/iPadOS process will erase all data on your iPhone/iPad, so ensure all data on your device is backed up.
- Since the downgrade process will take some time, so ensure you have at least 70 percent charge on your iPhone/iPad.
- Please make sure that you have installed the latest version of iTunes.
If you back up your iPhone/iPad via iTunes, please pay attention to the "iPhone won't connect to iTunes" issue.
If you use iCloud to make iPhone/iPad backup, ensure that your have enough iCloud storage.
If you encounter unknown errors while using the official methods, you can try the professional iPhone/iPad backup tool.
If you need to revert iPhone to previous version like iOS 14/13, you can't miss the following 3 methods. Here is a simple contrast for you.
|with Specialized iOS Downgrade Tool||with Recovery Mode||via iPhone/iPad Backup Restore|
|Lose data or not||No||Yes||Yes|
|Success Rate||100% success rate||Sometimes failed||Sometimes failed|
|Download IPSW Manually||No||Yes||Yes|
|Ease of Use||Pretty easy to use||Complicated||Complicated|
Now jump to the method you prefer!
Way 1. Depend on Professional Software to Go Back to iOS 14/13
iMyFone Fixppo iOS System Recovery Software is a powerful, reliable, effective tool which is able to effortlessly and smoothly downgrade iOS 15 beta/14/13/12/11 to older versions without any data loss in no time. The whole process is pretty easy, you don't need to download IPSW file manually (wihtout iTunes).
- 100% Success Rate: As the best iTunes alternative. Fixppo's exclusive technology makes it simple to degrade from higher iOS version to lower one with 100% success rate.
- No Data Loss, No Stuck: What's better, your can downgrade iOS 15 beta to iOS 14 without losing data and no stuck will occur during the whole process.
- Repair All iOS Issues: If you've encountered problems like stuck in recovery mode/DFU mode/Apple logo/screen frozen after installing the iOS 15 beta/14/13, iMyFone Fixppo will get these issues repaired after downgrade.
- Pretty Easy to Use: An easy-to-use interface is designed to help you repair your iOS devices within minutes.
- 100% Trustworthy: It is developed by iMyFone, which has been highly recommended by Makeuseof, Macworld, 9to5mac, Cult of Mac, Payetteforward and so on.
Now just check the following steps:
To get started, using the official iMyFone Fixppo link, download the latest version of the program, install it on your computer and then launch it.
Step 1. Select "Standard Mode" from the suites' primary Window and connect the Apple device you intend to downgrade with the computer using a lightning cable.
Step 2. Once your iPhone or iPad is detected, different types of the firmware will be displayed on the screen for you choose from. Click on the drop-down icon on the "Firmware Version" section and choose the desired iOS/iPadOS 14/13 firmware version. After which you can now click on "Download".
Step 3. Upon finishing downloading iOS/iPadOS 14/13, click on "Start to Fix" and the program will verify the firmware and install it. Simple, you have managed to undo an iOS update from iOS/iPadOS 15 beta/14 to iOS/iPadOS 14/13!
Also, you can check the video guide to uninstall iOS/iPadOS 15 beta/14 and install iOS/iPadOS 14/13 with Fixppo.
Way 2. Downgrade iPhone/iPad via Recovery Mode
Another way to go back from iOS/iPadOS 14 is using Recovery Mode, this way will erase the device and then you'll either have to restore the device from a compatible backup, or set it up as new. Below are the detailed steps:
Step 1: Launch iTunes on the Mac or Windows PC, then connect the iPhone or iPad running iOS/iPadOS 15 beta/14 to the computer with a USB cable.
Step 2: Put the iPhone or iPad into recovery mode manully, then follow the steps below according to your device type.
- iPhone 12/11/11 Pro/XS/ XR/ X/ 8: Press and release the Volume Up button, then press and release the Volume Down button, then press and hold the Power / Side button until you can see the recovery mode screen.
- iPhone 7/7 Plus: Press and hold the Power / Side button and Volume Down buttons at the same time, hold the buttons until the recovery mode screen shows up.
- iPad/iPad mini/iPad Pro: Press and hold the Power / Side button and Home buttons simultaneously, hold both buttons until the recovery mode screen appears.
- iPad Pro (2018) and newer with Face ID: Press and release the Volume Up button, then press and release the Volume Down button, then press and hold the Power / Side button until you see the recovery mode screen.
Step 3: Then click "Restore" option when iTunes detects a device in recovery mode, please do note this will erase all data on the device . Once the restore process completed, the iPhone or iPad will appear to reboot several times.
After all these, you can choose to restore the downgraded iPhone/iPad from iTunes backup or iCloud backup, or simply set it up as a new device.
Way 3. Roll Back iOS/iPadOS Update with iTunes Backup
Also you can downgrade iOS/iPadOS 15 beta/14 to iOS/iPadOS 14/13 by removing the profile with iTunes. Below is how to do:
Step 1. First, disable "Find My iPhone". Navigate to the settings app and open it. Tap on "iCloud" and scroll down on the displayed tools to disable "Find My". You'll be prompted to provide your Apple ID to disable the feature.
Step 2. Download the IPSW file you want from the official website or you can search the internet for iOS/iPadOS 14/13 IPSW file for your device.
Step 3. Create a connection between your iOS device and the computer. iTunes will launch automatically. Click the phone icon and navigate to "Summary". Then choose "Restore Backup" and restore the firmware package you just downloaded. After the restore process, you've downgrade iOS/iPadOS 15 beta/14 to iOS/iPadOS 14/13.
The above 3 methods only can be used when Apple still offers the permission. If the authentication is turned off, then it cannot be downgraded.
FAQs on How to Degrade iOS/iPadOS Version
1. Can I Downgrade iOS by jailbreaking iPhone?
The answer is NO.
There is a certain risk if you want to downgrade iOS by jailbreaking your iPhone: if the jailbreak is successful, your device will have security risks; if it fails, your device will be forced to restore the latest iOS version or cannot use the device normally. So please choose carefully!
2. Whats If iOS Downgrade Stuck or Failed?
If the iOS downgrade stuck or failed, you can try iMyFone Fixppo to fix this kind of issue. Of course, you can also contact Apple Support, but you may spend a lot of time and money on it.
All methods which involve downgrading iOS/iPadOS requires a computer, and if you want to downgrade iOS 15 beta/14 to iOS 14/13 without losing data, iMyFone Fixppo is the real deal.
Also, if you installing the iOS/iPadOS 15 beta 3/2/1 and cannot back to the official iOS/iPadOS 14, this post can be helpful too.