Does molasses iPhone 7 syndrome sound familiar to you? Perhaps you are among the few iPhone 7 users who are yet to encounter this problem. The aforementioned syndrome is much common among iPhone 7 users, and it defines any iPhone 7 that lags when accessing SMS or Text application, experiencing a long pause before displaying your contacts when you click on contact app, or blanks our when you select the contact letters.
Some users have complained that molasses syndrome affects their iPhone 7 for over 30 precious seconds, and are very inquisitive on how to solve this problem. We have researched, discussed and proffered you some of the most salient solutions to this problem, and they are discussed in the following paragraphs as follows:
How to Restore iPhone 7 to Factory Settings
1 Restore iPhone to Factory Settings using iTunes
iTunes serves several different purpose for iPhone and iDevice users. It can be used in sharing music and media files among devices, it performs syncing functions, it can be useful in backing up files, and it is efficient in erasing iPhone to factory setting. Hence, in order to erase your iPhone to factory settings using iTunes, do follow these under listed steps.
Step 2: Click on your device icon when it appears on your iTunes menu bar.
Step 3: go to the summary panel and click on "Restore device".
Step 4: Select restore again for iTunes to restore your device and install the latest iOS on your iPhone.
Step 5: Your device will restart to mark the end of the restore process.
2 Reset iPhone 7 to Factory Settings via iPhone "Setting"
Restoring iPhone to factory settings would wipe out every file and data on your iPhone. Therefore, you may need to backup your files on your PC before restoring your iDevice using the following steps.
Step 1: Back up any data you would like to save.
Step 2: Open the Settings app and tap the “General” tab.
Step 3: Tap “Reset” as you scroll down, then Tap “Erase all Contents and Settings”.
Step 4: Enter iPhone 7 Pass code if there is one set. Use the “Erase iPhone” to confirm the reset.
Note: The above process of restoring your iPhone is effective in removing molasses syndrome, but what you should pay attention to is that the data deleted by iPhone “Factory reset,” which can be recovery by many recovery software. Therefore, the “Factory reset” can’t assure you that your private data is 100% secure.
3Selectively Erase iPhone Data According to Your Needs
There are five basic modes, which help you erase your data securely and permanently, and no recovery tool will be able to recover your deleted data. The 5 erasing modes of iMyfone Umate Pro include:
- 1-Click Cleanup: This can help you to clear up junk and temporary files, remove/export large files, remove/export/ compress photos and uninstall apps, so as to free up your device, making it run faster. (The files deleted in this mode can still be recovered.)
- Erase All Data: This is almost the same with “iPhone factory reset”. The difference is that data erased in this mode cannot be recovered even with modern recovery tools, and it does not require the activation of the iPhone 7 again.
- Erase Deleted Files: This mode is used for erasing deleted files. For example, if you want an already deleted data on your iPhone to be completely erased so that it has no trace, and could not be recovery by others, then this mode is the best option.
- Erase Private Files: Any private file deleted through this mode will remain 100% unrecoverable even with the most powerful recovery tools, and your personal information will remain secure. All messages, call histories, notes, voice memos, WhatsApp/WeChat messages & attachments can be erased。
- Erase Private Fragments: This feature will scan and find all your third-party Apps' incomplete private fragments, corrupted files, App caches, cookies, etc., then permanently erase them, so youe iPhone will be totally safe without any sensitive trace.
If you want to restore your iPhone to Factory Setting with iMyfone Umate Pro, you should choose "Erase All Data" to reset all your content and setting on iPhone and make it as a new one. If you just want to erase some sensitive data from your iPhone, then the "Erase Deleted Files" and "Erase Private Data" should be your choice.
This program is easy to use, all you need to do is: connect your iPhone 7 > choose the erasing mode > click "Erase now". And it will begin to erase your iPhone data.
The Importance of Permanently Erasing Your Personal iPhone Data
iPhone Data Erasure is the process of over-writing iPhone data using a software-based tool like iMyfone Umate Pro, in order to completely destroy all electronic data residing within the iPhone or any iDevice hard disk drive. The importance of using this process to go beyond eliminating data direct pointers have been discussed in the following paragraphs:
- Protection from identity theft: The key differentiator between data erasure and simple reset is that with data erasure, a meaningless pseudorandom data will be written on every sector of the hard drive making it impossible to recover any data from the hard drive even when using the most efficient data recovery tool. Hence, your identity or linkage to your old-sold iPhone will never be discovered.
- Government and industry standards: It was discovered from many e-waste centers around the world that many hackers are breaking into disposed hard drives of different devices and recovering contract documents, social security numbers, medical history, classified information, bank transaction details and other personal and sensitive information. Hence, governments of many developed states have mandated that data erasure techniques should be standard for software overwriting, and should be employed to render data unrecoverable.