Your iPhone is not responding and you have no idea .how to restart your hung iPhone? You have performed every possible attempt as per your understanding but still got no results? Before losing all the hopes, we would like to advise you to read this article. In this article here, we will determine the problem and offer you solutions that you are supposed to try when iPhone got hanged. Check out the solutions and get rid of iPhone hang problem right away.
4 Tips to Fix iPhone Got Hanged Problem
1. Force Reboot Hung iPhone
Firstly and most importantly, all you need to follow this very basic trick to get your iPhone out of the hang issue. You need to force reboot your device. This workaround will only take nearly 10-15 seconds. It is usually every efficient if your iPhone got hanged when you are using it. Here are the steps for different iPhone models:
iPhone 8/8 Plus/X: Start with a brief press of 'Volume Up' button. Now give a quick press to 'Volume Down' button too. Subsequently, start pressing the 'Power' button until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
iPhone 7/7 Plus: Press 'Power' and 'Volume Down' buttons at the same time and release them when you see Apple logo on your screen.
iPhone 6 and earlier Devices: Push 'Power' and 'Home' button altogether for roughly 10 seconds. When you see Apple logo, release the buttons.
See if the hang problem still exists or gone. If not gone, please go through the next tip given below.
2. Fix Hung iPhone without Data Loss
When you still find that your iPhone is hanging up and you really care about the data on your device, you should try iMyFone iOS System Recovery because we guess there are some iOS glitches that is causing iPhone hang problem. iMyFone iOS System Recovery will help you in getting rid of the problem by repairing your iOS and making it as normal as it was before.
The tool's most prominent feature focus on fixing the major iOS issues (such as iPhone stuck on black screen with spinning wheel, iPhone stuck in recovery mode, and so on) with the help of its three modes which are 'Standard Mode', 'Exit Recovery Mode' and 'Advanced Mode'. You will not lose any data on your iPhone under these 2 modes: 'Standard Mode', 'Exit Recovery Mode'. Now, let us figure out how you can fix your iPhone which got hanged.
How to fix iPhone hang problem with iMyFone iOS System Recovery
Step 1 – Launch the tool in your PC and connect your hung iPhone via a USB cable. Go to 'Standard Mode' tab and click on it.
Step 2 – Hit on 'Start' button and put your device into DFU mode. Once put the iPhone in DFU mode, the program will detect your device and go to the next step.
Step 3 – Now, the program will give you the latest firmware that will be suitable to your device. All you need is to click on 'Download' button and leave everything on the program.
Step 4 – In the end, click on the 'Start to Fix' button and the program will start fixing your hung device. When done, see if you can restart iPhone.
3. Restore an Old Backup to Your Hung iPhone
Restoring an old backup can also work when iPhone hang up issue persists for a long time. But before making a start, it is always suggested that you first download the latest iTunes if any updates available. If your iPhone got hanged, you can try the following steps to fix the problem:
- Firstly, connect your iPhone to the PC and open iTunes.
- When you get into the main interface of iTunes, look for the device icon at the top and hit on it.
- Click on 'Summary' tab now and from the main screen, click on 'Restore Backup'.
4. Put iPhone into Recovery Mode and Restore with iTunes
You can take your device into the recovery mode and then restore it with iTunes when your iPhone hang up. Please make sure to take back up of your iPhone when you decide to perform this method since it will wipe off everything from your device. If your iPhone cannot be recognized by iTunes or iTunes doesn't offer backup option to you when your iPhone got hanged, then we are afraid you cannot backup your iPhone anymore. You may refer to the part 2 if you don't want to lose your data. Anyway, let's now understand the steps on restoring iPhone using recovery mode and end the iPhone hang problem here.
- Start with opening iTunes and connect your iPhone that got hanged with the PC using USB cable.
- Now, while the device is connected, follow the steps of force rebooting according to the device you own. The steps are already given in the first solution. This will take your device in recovery mode while your device is connected with iTunes.
- Keep doing this until iTunes informs you that it has detected your device in recovery mode. If you don't know how to put your device into recovery mode, check the guide here.
- On the pop-up, hit on 'OK' and lastly hit on 'Restore' option. Your device will be successfully restored.