It’s pertinent to remove Google protection lock when returning, replacing or reselling your Android device. The reason for the above statement is simple: no one who collects such a device will be able to factory reset the device without activating factory reset protection.
Therefore, if you factory reset an Android phone while the Google protection lock is still enabled, or you want to disable Google protection lock on your Samsung or Android device, then this article will come in handy. In the following paragraphs, we’ll discuss how to remove Google protection lock with and without a password.
Part 1. What is Google Protection Lock?
Android Google Protection Lock (FRP Lock) was designed to prevent unauthorized access to your Android devices that are later than Android 5.1 Lollipop. This security feature on Android phones and tablets restricts people from performing a factory reset on your Android phone. It does this by requesting the Google account credentials (username and password) before performing the hard reset.
Part 2. How to Remove Google Protection Lock
There is a b need to remove the Google protection lock from android devices before resetting, reselling, replacing or returning your Android device. Hence, this part of the article will elucidate the three (3) ways of removing Google protection lock from Android devices.
#1. Remove Google Protection Lock from Device Settings
The steps to removing Factory Reset Protection from Android phones may differ slightly with respect to the model of Android phone and version of Android in use. The steps we’ve outlined below will help you to remove Google account from your phone.
- Step 1. Go to “Settings > Accounts/Users & Accounts”.
- Step 2. Select “Google” as the type of account and click on your Gmail address.
- Step 3. Click on the Menu icon on the top-right corner, and click “Remove Account”.
- Step 4. Confirm your request by clicking “Remove Account” again.
#2. Remove Google Protection Lock Online
If you’re unable to remove Google protection lock from your android due to any reason, you can also achieve it online. Here are the steps you should follow:
- Step 1. Sign in to your Google account from any browser.
- Step 2. When you’re logged in, go to “Device activity & notification” under “Sign-in & security”.
- Step 3. Go to “Used Devices” and click “Review Devices”.
- Step 4. Select the phone you want to remove and click “Remove” button.
- Step 5. On the confirmation window, select “Remove” and it would show you that the device has been removed.
#3. Removing Samsung Factory Reset Protection from Your Device
- Step 1. Unlock your phone screen and launch the Settings app.
- Step 2. Select “Accounts” and tap on the Account you want to remove.
Step 3. Select “More” from the top corner of the screen and click “Remove Account”.
After following these steps, your Samsung factory reset protection will be removed.
Part 3. How to Remove Google Protection Lock without Password
iMyFone LockWiper (Android) is the solution for permanently removing Google protection lock from Android devices even when Google account verification screen is activated. This tool was designed and developed by iMyFone Inc. to help Android device users in need of lock screen bypass, and FRP lock unlocker. It can unlock any device without limitations just in mere minutes.
Therefore, if you’re stuck on Google account verification stage, LockWiper (Android) can assist you in bypassing FRP lock on the device, and give you complete control of your device again.
Features of iMyFone LockWiper (Android)
- Removes Google protection lock without password and after a factory reset.
- Bypasses the Google account verification screen and set up your device immediately.
- Regain total control of your Android device and enjoy all the features/functionalities of Android.
- After removing Google protection lock, you can now use any Google account on the device.
- Completely removes your device from the previous Google account and prevents the previous owner from tracking your device.
Steps to Remove Google Protection Lock using LockWiper (Android)
Step 1: Download, install and launch iMyFone LockWiper (Android) on your PC or Mac. Then, choose the “Remove Google Lock (FRP)” mode from the Home interface and connect your Android phone to the PC.
Step 2: Select the right device information and do the setup.
Step 3: Download the right data package and set it up.
Step 4: Download and setup the firmware package.
Step 5: Click the “Unlock Now” tab to remove Google protection lock.
Step 6: When the unlock process is complete, the Google protection lock will be permanently removed.
Get the detailed guide here to fully use iMyFone LockWiper (Android) to remove Google protection lock without password on your device.
We’ve been able to discuss the many ways to remove Google Protection Lock without erasing all your Android device data. iMyFone LockWiper (Android) is the best solution and we highly recommend it for you.