Here is a case of file transfer gone wrong that was reported by a client:
“Hi! I need help recovering files lost during cut and paste. I moved my music library from an external hard drive to my PC music folder. After pasting the files, I was asked to confirm a file overwrite, but I mistakenly hit the cancel tab. The transfer was canceled and all the music files that are yet to be transferred gone. Please, can you share a tip or two with me on how to recover files lost during cut and paste?”
If cutting and pasting files went wrong, and your files are lost from clipboard/folder, you don’t need to be worried over retrieving back your files, because you can recover files lost during cut and paste. This guide will help you retrieve such file in minutes.
How to Recover Files Lost During Cut and Paste – the Best Way
iMyFone AnyRecover is elite, sophisticated, and advanced software for recovering lost, deleted, formatted or inaccessible files/data from PC, Mac, hard drive, or other data storage devices. It achieves a record-high recovery rate of more than 98% with its advanced Deep-Scan algorithm, which can go deep into the data structure to retrieve lost, deleted or inaccessible files.
Therefore, AnyRecover is the best way to recover files lost during cut and paste. We recommend this powerful recovery software to help you recover files lost during cut and paste because it can perform this task fast, perfectly, efficiently, and effortlessly.
Key Features of the Product:
- Efficiently recover data and files lost during cut and paste.
- Offers recovery for file lost due to accidentally deletion, formatting, virus attack, lost hard drive partition, system crash, etc.
- Advanced deep-scan algorithm to recover more than 98% of lost data and files.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista.
Steps in using AnyRecover to recover files lost during cut and paste:
Step 1. Launch AnyRecover on your PC, and choose “Deleted Files Recovery” mode.
Step 2. Pick one folder, device or location to search for the lost file, and click “Next”.
Step 3. Select the type of file you are searching for and click “Scan”.
Step 4. AnyRecover would scan your computer in few minutes and display the scanned files. Preview the files, and select the ones to recover, and then click “Recover” tab.
How to Recover Files Lost During Cut and Paste –the System Restore Tool
The system restore tool may be useful in recovering your lost Windows files and settings to a previous date. However, this technique may not necessarily be helpful if the files were copied from an external hard drive.
What the system restore tool does is that it uses restore points to return system files and settings to an earlier point in time. Therefore, the system restore tool restores your system to a point in time when the files are still in your system.
Here is how to use the System Restore Tool on Windows 10:
Step 1. Enable System Restore Tool:
- Go to Control Panel and click “Recovery > Configure System Restore”.
- Select system C drive, and click on “Configure”.
- Check the option “Turn on System Protection” and click “Apply”.
Step 2. Create a system restore point:
- Go to Control Panel, and select the following options: “System and Security > System > System Protection > drive C > Create”.
- Name the restore point or give it a description that can help you to identify it.
- Click “Create”. Wait until you see the notification trail “The restore point was created successfully”.
Step 3. Restore your Windows to a previous date:
- Go to Control Panel and choose “System and Security”.
- Click on “System” and select “System Protection > System Restore”.
- Click “Next” and choose the restore point you created in step 2 above. Then, click “Next” to continue the process.
- Click “Finish” to bring your system files and setting to a previous date. Finally, click “Yes” to continue. You can now follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.
iMyFone AnyRecover is far much superior in file recover than Windows System Restore Tool because it does more than recovering files lost during cut and paste, and can recover files lost in any situation or device.