No matter how carefully you carry out the updating process, getting stuck on certain step or certain screen still might happens to you. Every time with the newest released update, people complain of coming across various stuck issues during the process. iOS 12 is no exception. This time, we are going to cover the topic that the users are getting iPad update stuck problem. You might have no idea about the reasons behind the issue that iOS 12 update on iPad gets stuck. Hence, we recommend you to read this post and figure out what's bothering your iPad and get it fixed with the solutions.
What Kind of Stuck Problems You Might Meet in iOS 12 Update
Over the Air:
When you try to update your iPad over the air i.e. using your device, then your iPad can:
- Stuck on "Attempting data recovery" screen
- Stuck on verifying update
- Stuck on "Download and Install"
- Show the error "unable to verify Update"
- Stuck at "Update Requested"
- Simply stuck on installing showing Apple logo with the progress bar
If you're taking help of iTunes for the purpose, you can come across:
- iPad stuck on recovery mode
- iPad stuck on white or black screen and sometimes black screen with a spinning wheel or say loading icon
- iPad stuck on Apple logo
- iTunes cannot update your iPad due to some errors such as error code 4013, 21, 2, 9, 3194 and so on.
How to Fix iPad Update Stuck Issues When Updating to iOS 12
For Users Who Update to iOS 12 Over the Air
You can update iPad to iOS 12 from the Settings app on your iPad, which is also over the air. Go to Settings=>General=>Software Update=> Download and Install. However it is not always smooth. You can meet all kinds of stuck issues. Check the tips below to fix the problem.
1. Check Internet Connection
It is a well-known fact that an iOS update requires a good internet connection. So, whenever your iPad update stuck while going through over the air process, firstly make sure to check your internet connection. When the connection is not stable, you might get stuck with the issue. We recommend that you use WiFi instead of cellular data. In addition, you can try to update another device to see if there is any problem with the network.
2. Delete iOS Software & Re-download It
Another tip when you get update stuck issue with your iPad is removing the iOS update from your device and then downloading it again. Here is how to perform this:
- For iOS 11 and below versions:
Tap 'Settings' > 'General' > 'Storage & iCloud Usage' > 'Manage Storage'. You will see the available iOS 12 software listed on the screen. Tap on it and then hit 'Delete Update'. Confirm the deletion now.
- For iOS 11 and later:
Go to 'Settings' > 'General' > 'iPad Storage'. Tap on iOS update and then 'Delete Update'.
Now, you can re-download it by going to 'Settings' > 'General > 'Software Update'. Follow the prompts and get your software updated.
3. Hard Restart iPad
You can also give a hard restart to your iPad when the update stuck and when the above suggestions went in vain. To do this, just press and hold the 'Power' button and 'Home' button at the same time. Keep doing this until Apple logo on the screen becomes visible. When you see the logo, release the buttons and check if now iPad update gets stuck. We don't hope the negative result though.
4. Use iTunes to Update iPad
If still your iPad update gets stuck OTA, get the work done using iTunes then. Get the source changed and hopefully you will not get the problem. To take assistance of iTunes for updating, follow the steps below:
- Connect the iPad to the PC and launch iTunes.
- Now, click on the device icon located at the top left.
- Hit on 'Summary' tab now and subsequently, click on 'Update'.
For Users Who Update to iOS 12 Using iTunes
You can also connect your iPad to computer and update your iPad to iOS 12 with iTunes. Check out the following two tips that you can try when your iPad update stuck while working with iTunes.
1. Fix iPad Update to iOS 12 Stuck using Third-party Tool
When you are trying to update iPad to iOS 12 via iTunes but it is stuck during the process, the best fix will be iMyFone iOS System Recovery. It is a special third-party tool created to repair any kind of iOS issues in your device even it is caused by unsuccessful update. Apart from this, it fixes iPad stuck on "connect to iTunes" screen/loading screen and other functional problems caused by software glitches. The process is safe and you will not face any sort of data loss while using it. All of these functions are carried out by the 3 modes of this program. Here are the steps on how to use the tool to fix iPad update to iOS 12 stuck problem.
- Open the software after installing it on your PC. Once opened, plug your iPad with the PC and get to the main screen of the software. Now, hit on 'Standard Mode' to choose from the three given modes.
- After this, you have to click on 'Start' option to get the steps for DFU mode. You will see the on-screen instructions. Follow them and take your iPad into DFU mode.
- When the device is in DFU mode, the program will detect it easily. It will now provide you the newest update firmware. Just hit on the 'Download' button and get the software downloaded.
- At the end, make sure to click on 'Start to Fix' button to complete the process and remove the annoying iOS issues if any.
2. Set iPad in Recovery Mode and Restore using iTunes
Here is the next solution when you find your iPad update stuck with iTunes. You can take your device into recovery mode and then use iTunes to restore the iPad. Here are the steps involved int the process.
- Firstly, get your iPad and follow the steps of hard restart as mentioned above. But this time, please ensure to keep the buttons holding until you see the 'Connect to iTunes' screen on your iPad.
- When this gets done, connect your iPad to the PC and launch iTunes. The iTunes will detect your device in recovery mode and will inform you for the same.
- Now, just hit on 'OK' followed by 'Restore iPad'. Confirm the actions in the end.