No matter how carefully you carry out the updating process, getting stuck on certain step or certain screen still might happens to you. Every time with the newest released update, people complain of coming across various stuck issues during the process. iOS 12 and even the newest version iOS 13 are no exception. This time, we are going to cover the topic that the users are getting iPad update stuck problem. You might have no idea about the reasons behind the issue that iOS 12/13 update on iPad gets stuck. Hence, we recommend you to read this post and figure out what's bothering your iPad and get it fixed with the solutions.
What Kind of Stuck Problems You Might Meet in iOS 12/13 Update
Over the Air:
When you try to update your iPad over the air i.e. using your device, then your iPad can:
- Stuck on "Attempting data recovery" screen
- Stuck on verifying update
- Stuck on "Download and Install"
- Show the error "unable to verify Update"
- Stuck at "Update Requested"
- Simply stuck on installing showing Apple logo with the progress bar
If you're taking help of iTunes for the purpose, you can come across:
- iPad stuck on recovery mode
- iPad stuck on white or black screen and sometimes black screen with a spinning wheel or say loading icon
- iPad stuck on Apple logo
- iTunes cannot update your iPad due to some errors such as error code 4013, 21, 2, 9, 3194 and so on.
How to Fix iPad Update Stuck Issues When Updating to iOS 12/13
For Users Who Update to iOS 12/13 Over the Air
You can update iPad to iOS 12 or iOS 13 from the Settings app on your iPad, which is over the air. Go to Settings=>General=>Software Update=> Download and Install. However it is not always smooth. You can meet all kinds of stuck issues. Check the tips below to fix the problem.
1. Check Internet Connection
It is a well-known fact that an iOS update requires a good internet connection. So, whenever your iPad update gets stuck while updating to iOS 12 or iOS 13 over the air, firstly make sure to check your internet connection. When the connection is not stable, you might get stuck. We recommend that you use WiFi instead of cellular data. In addition, you can try to update another device to see if there is any problem with the network.
2. Delete iOS Software & Re-download It
Another tip when you get update stuck issue with your iPad is removing the iOS 12/13 software from your device and then downloading it again. Here is how to perform this:
- For iOS 11 and below versions:
Tap 'Settings' > 'General' > 'Storage & iCloud Usage' > 'Manage Storage'. You will see the available iOS 12 or iOS 13 software listed on the screen. Tap on it and then hit 'Delete Update'. Confirm the deletion now.
- For iOS 11 and later:
Go to 'Settings' > 'General' > 'iPad Storage'. Tap on iOS update and then 'Delete Update'.
Now, you can re-download it by going to 'Settings' > 'General > 'Software Update'. Follow the prompts and get your software updated.
3. Hard Restart iPad
You can also give a hard restart to your iPad when the iOS 12/13 update stuck and when the above suggestions went in vain. To do this, just press and hold the 'Power' button and 'Home' button at the same time. Keep doing this until Apple logo on the screen becomes visible. When you see the logo, release the buttons and check if now iPad update gets stuck. We don't hope the negative result though.
4. Use iTunes to Update iPad
If still your iPad update gets stuck OTA, get the work done using iTunes then. Get the source changed and hopefully you will not get the problem. To take assistance of iTunes for updating, follow the steps below:
- Connect the iPad to the PC and launch iTunes.
- Now, click on the device icon located at the top left.
- Hit on 'Summary' tab now and subsequently, click on 'Update'.
For Users Who Update to iOS 12/13 Using iTunes
You can also connect your iPad to computer and update your iPad to iOS 12 or iOS 13 with iTunes. Check out the following two tips that you can try when your iPad update gets stuck while working with iTunes.
1. Fix iPad Update to iOS 12/13 Stuck using Third-party Tool (No Data Loss)
When you are trying to update iPad to iOS 12 or iOS 13 via iTunes but it is stuck during the process, the best fix will be iMyFone Fixppo. It is a special third-party tool created to repair any kind of iOS issues with iOS devices, all models of iPad are included. The stuck issues caused by unsuccessful software update are what the program can easily fix. Just a few clicks will get your device back to normal.
iMyFone has rich expericences in fixing iPhone/iPad issues, which makes iMyFone the best iOS repair tool in the market. The process is safe and you will not face any sort of data loss while using it. It works like a charm without errors.
Here are the steps on how to use the tool to fix iPad update to iOS 12/13 stuck problem. Download and open the software on your PC.
- Plug your iPad with the PC and get to the main screen of the software. Now, hit on 'Standard Mode' to choose from the three given modes and then click 'Start'.
- After this, follow the on-screen instructions and take your iPad into DFU mode.
- When the device is in DFU mode, the program will detect it easily. Now download the firmware to fix the your device.
- At the end, click 'Start to Fix' button to complete the process and remove the annoying stuck issue.
iMyFone Fixppo is a very powerful and effective tool to fix iOS issues including iOS 13 and therefore wins lots of good feedbacks. You can just download it to have a try!
2. Set iPad in Recovery Mode and Restore using iTunes (Erase iPad)
Here is the next solution when you find your iPad update stuck using iTunes. You can take your device into recovery mode and then use iTunes to restore the iPad. Please note that all data and settings on your iPad will be erased. Here are the steps involved int the process.
- Firstly, get your iPad and follow the steps of hard restart as mentioned above. But this time, please ensure to keep the buttons holding until you see the 'Connect to iTunes' screen on your iPad.
- When this gets done, connect your iPad to the PC and launch iTunes. The iTunes will detect your device in recovery mode and will inform you for the same.
- Now, just hit on 'OK' followed by 'Restore iPad'. Confirm the actions in the end.