Scenarios When We Should Factory Reset iPad without iTunes
- iPad freezes which leave you unable to perform any basic action such as checking your social media platforms or even taking a photo
- iPad not working right- sometimes iPads may start to act funny such as lagging or running very slow leaving you with a need to solve the issue
- Attack on your iPad by a virus which makes it not to work normally leaving you with the option of factory resetting
- When you need to resell, donate or recycle your iPad and you need to erase all the private files and data to safeguard your privacy
- You want to wipe your iPad personal data for a fresh restart or to use it as new
If either of the above issues ever affects you iPad and you have no access to iTunes, then there are three ways of solving the above-listed issues:
1. iPad Factory Reset without iTunes through Hard Reset
This method is done by using your iPad’s sleep/wake button and the home buttons. The primary purpose of hard resetting is refreshing your data and settings which solve issues with buggy apps. The steps include;
Step 1. Hold the sleep/wake button and the home button simultaneously
Step 2. Continue holding for close to 10 seconds until you see the apple logo on your screen to know that you have succeeded.
Step 3. Release the buttons and wait for the iPad to restart which can take up to 2minutes
2. iPad Factory Reset without iTunes from The Setting Panel
This is the easiest of all the methods and is done when your iPad is functioning normally. It can be done by following the steps below
Step 1. Tap on the setting icon the iPad’s app/icons drawer
Step 2. Scroll to the “General Menu” and tap it
Step 3. After the “General Menu” opens up scroll down up to the “Reset” option and click on it
Step 4. Several options will pop up and then from the list click on “Erase all Content and Settings.”
Step 5. If you had previously set a passcode for your iPad, then a dialog box will pop up, and after keying in the passcode, the iPad is reset to factory defaults within a few minutes.
3. iPad Factory Reset without iTunes by Using Third-Party Tool
Some people may find it hard performing the steps in method one while others may have forgotten their iPad passcode in methods two. All these worries can be forgotten by use of iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac to reset their iPad without iTunes.
Umate Pro can handle a wide range of iPad issues including factory resetting. Here are some of the basic features of this software.
- Permanently wipe your iPad’s data with no chance of recoverability- this allows you to recycle or resell your iPad without any fear of exposing your private information
- Erase previously deleted ios data- this software detects any previously deleted files that are usually hidden and removes them completely from your iPad
- Erase private fragments for third party apps- since third party apps leaves private flags behind Umate detects them and permanently deletes them from your iPad
- Preview and erase private iOS data selectively- Umate Pro allows you to preview and select the files and data that you want to get rid of completely.
- One click to free up space- Umate Pro allows you to free up space with just one single click helping you get rid of junk files, temporary files, large files and even removing unused apps that might be causing your device to lag or even freeze.
Steps to Factory Reset iPad without iTunes
Step 1. Install Umate Pro on your pc or mac. Run Umate Pro and connect your iPad to your computer through a USB cable.
Step 2. Choose the erase mode “Erase All Data”.
Step 3. Erase all your iPad data which will ensure the iPad is reset and the data erased is 100% unrecoverable.
Why should we erase all data while doing an iPad factory reset without iTunes instead of doing a simple reset?
Well, a simple reset is almost everyone’s choice. It is an unwise choice because it leaves you vulnerable especially if you want to resell you iPad because the private data and personal files that were there before the reset are recoverable.
The safest method that will not leave you worrying about exposing your private information is to erase all data using iMyFone Umate Pro. This software ensures that the data deleted is not in any way recoverable giving you a piece of mind when reselling or recycling your iPad.