There can be a range of reasons as to why resetting iPhone to sell is a must but the prime reason to be highlighted and stated is the concern for privacy of the users. Your iPhone contains almost all details of your everyday life and background.
When you consider upgrading to a new device, one might fear the leak of that personal information which is highly sacred to the users. Hence, it is highly recommended to reset your iPhone to get rid of all the information and bring the system to its original form as well as remove any virus or malfunction process in the iPhone. Or you want to remove all information to start a fresh venture.
Part 1 How to Reset iPhone Before Selling?
Private concern has become a common cry for iPhone users since there are some modern recovery tools that can retrieve personal info easily. Reset on iPhone is not safe enough especially before selling. Even though resetting will also remove encryption part on iPhone, there is still possible to retrieve some data. Only by overwriting the data can 100% guarantee no chance of recovery. However, iPhone itself has no option for that.
That is why iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac comes in which can easily overwrite all or the specific data so as to erase the data. As a successful iPhone eraser, it wins hundreds of thousands of iPhone users’ favor. With iMyFone Umate Pro to permanently erase, no data or file can be retrieved even with advanced recovery tools.
Even when one desires to get rid of their current system, they also need to get rid or erase all their existing data with no chance of any recovery. The Erase All Data function on iMyFone Umate Pro is a must to reset iPhone to sell. Somehow recovery can be left with the Factory Reset option but not a chance with Erase All Data feature.
- All iOS files are supported for deletion or permanent erasure.
- Scan out the specific private data and erase permanently, such as Wechat, Whatsapp, call history, contact, photos, note, message, etc.
- Find out and complete wipe the previously deleted files.
- Clean huge storage space with one click and enhance your iPhone performance.
- A 100% secured network with money back guarantee service.
3-Step Guide to Permanently Reset iPhone to Sell
The Erase All Data comes in 3 very easy steps that you can perform on your own without any hard learning. All you need is to have the software downloaded in your desktop system or laptop and you are ready to function, illustrated with the steps and picture for help.
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to computer with a cable.
Step 2: Go to the ‘Erase All Data’ tab and click on ‘Erase’.
Step 3: You have the option to alter the security settings as per your wish that you will have to read. Then type “delete” into box to confirm.
Part 2 Factory Reset iPhone to Sell
Users also have the option of erasing content from the iPhone itself where there is a chance of no permanent deleting, however it can be done.
- Un-pair your device to any other Apple device like the Mac or iWatch.
- Have a back up done on your device.
- Tap Settings and go to Cloud. Scroll down and tap Sign Out. In iOS 7 or earlier, select Delete Account.
- Tap Sign Out again, then tap Delete from My iPhone and enter your selected password.
- Go back to Settings and tap General and then go to Reset and Erase All Content and Settings.
- If asked for your device passcode or Restrictions passcode, enter it. Then tap Erase [device] section.
- Contact your carrier for help transferring service to a new owner. If you aren't using a SIM card with your device, you can contact them to get help transferring service to the new owner.