Sometimes you may have the trouble of turning off screen lock on iPhone. But you are not alone. The lock screen on iPhone is easy to turn off even when you forget the password. Next, we will show you how to turn off iPhone screen lock with or without password.
How to Turn Off Lock Screen on iPhone with Password
If you want to turn off lock screen on iPhone, this simply implies turning off the passcode with the aim of getting the screen lock to disappear whenever your password is disabled.
Step 1: Go to "Settings" on iPhone and select "Touch ID & Passcode".
Step 2: Type your screen lock password. Scroll down to locate the "Turn Passcode Off" option. Select it.
Step 3: A pop-up box will appear, asking you to confirm the process of turning off your password. Simply click on "Turn Off" to turn off the iPhone screen.
Step 4: For you to be able to disable the password, your initial password is required. Simply input the original password.
Immediately the password has been disabled, you will not be required to enter it any longer.
How to Turn Off Lock Screen on iPhone without Password
However, what should you do if you forget the password for the screen lock and you can’t get into your iPhone? For example, when you type the wrong password for several times, iPhone will show you that “iPhone is disabled”. If it’s your situation, here are 3 ways about how to turn off screen lock on iPhone.
This is also a quick guide for you to choose the right method quickly.
1. No matter your iPhone/iPad is disabled, locked or broken, you can choose iMyFone LockWiper to turn off the lock screen without iTunes or Apple ID.
2. If your iPhone has been synced with iTunes, and Find My iPhone is disabled, you can use iTunes to remove screen lock.
3. If you can’t synce with iTunes and you know the Apple ID password, you can select Recovery Mode to disable screen lock.
1 Turn Off Lock Screen on iPhone with LockWiper (Suitable for All Situations)
iMyFone LockWiper (Win & Mac) is specifically developed to handles all situations with iPhone lock screen. Compared with other tools to unlock iPhone, LockWiper promises easy-to-use features, high success rate and faster speed. In just a few minutes, anyone without tech skills can turn off different kinds of lock screen from iPhone without entering passwords.
LockWiper Turns Off iPhone Screen Lock without Passcodes:
- Support to remove all types of screen lock: 4-digit/6-digit passcodes, Face ID, Touch ID and customized passcodes.
- Assist you get back into your iPhone when it's locked, disabled or frozen.
- Successfully perform even to unlock second-hand or used iPhone/iPad.
- Easily remove iPhone Screen Time passcode or Restrictions passcode without data loss.
Free Download iMyFone LockWiper and Have a Try (iOS 16 Supported):
Video about How to Bypass Any iPhone Passcode
Step 1: After you download and install LockWiper on your PC or Mac, launch it. Choose "Unlock Screen Passcode" from the interface. And click "Start".
Step 2: Connect your iPhone to computer. LockWiper will detect your device automatically. Then click "Download" to get a firmware package for your iPhone.
Step 3: When it's done, click "Start to Extract" and it will unzip the downloaded firmware for your iPhone.
Step 4: Then click "Start Unlock". Type "000000" into the box and click "Unlock" to confirm. LockWiper starts to apply the firmware to turn off lock screen on your iPhone.
Step 5: Wait for a moment, the screen lock on your iPhone will be removed.
iMyFone LockWiper is not free, but it deserves the money, which is according to its users' feedback. Get official discount coupon from Is There Free iMyFone LockWiper Official Registration Code. You can get its license here: for Win or for Mac.
2 Turn Off Lock Screen iPhone If You’ve Synced with iTunes
If your iPhone has been synced with iTunes, connect your iPhone to this iTunes. (If it asks for the password, try another computer you’ve synced with, or use LockWiper.)
Click on the device tab on iTunes when detected. Click "Restore iPhone" to let it reset your iPhone. When it finishes, the screen lock is removed from your iPhone. For a more detailed guide, you can also learn how to turn off screen lock on iPhone too.
Note: This way doesn't work if the "Find My iPhone" is enabled on your iPhone.
3 Use Recovery Mode to Turn Off Screen Lock If You Can’t Sync with iTunes
This method is available for the situation where you know your Apple ID password.
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to computer and launch iTunes.
Step 2: Bring your iPhone to recovery mode:
- For iPhone X/8/8 Plus: Press and quickly release the Volume Up botton > press and quickly release the Volume Down button > press the Wake/Sleep button until you see the "connect to iTunes" screen.
- For iPhone 7/7 Plus: Hold the Wake/Sleep and Volume Down buttons at the same time until you see the "connect to iTunes" screen.
- For iPhone 6s and earlier: Hold the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time until you see the "connect to iTunes" screen.
Step 3: When you see the pop-up on iTunes, click on "Restore". It will download the software to your iPhone. If it takes more than 30 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode. You need to repeat Step 2 and Step 3.
After removing the screen lock from iPhone, set up your iPhone by restoring the backup from iTunes.
My iPhone is Frozen on Lock Screen? The Fixes!
If you have an iPhone screen that is locked up or frozen. The ideal step is to simply remove a battery from a particular device when it locks up but Apple devices don't have removable battery hence, you need to try these options:
1 Try to Power Off
Try to turn off the iPhone and turn the iPhone on again within few minutes. You need to hold the Sleep/Wake button for few seconds until you notice the appearance of a red slider. Slide the slider to power off the device.
2 Force Reset
You can force a reset if all the available options refuse to work. Forcing a reset will not delete any data from the device, but may fix your issues.
- On iPhone X/8/8 Plus: Press and quickly release the Volume Up botton > press and quickly release the Volume Down button > press the Wake/Sleep button until you see the Apple icon.
- On iPhone 7/7 Plus: Hold the Wake/Sleep and Volume Down buttons at the same time until you see the Apple icon.
- On iPhone 6s and Earlier: Hold the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time until you see the Apple icon.
3 Solve Frozen Lock Screen with LockWiper
You would be existed to know that LockWiper not only turns off lock screen without password, but it also fixes iPhone failures, especially issues related to iPhone lock.
Issues that LockWiper can handle:
- Your iPhone lock screen is frozen without any response.
- Your iPhone is stuck at black/white screen or Apple logo screen.
- Your iPhone is stuck at boot loop.
- You don't have the right password to get into an iPhone/iPad (you may forgot it or got a second-hand iPhone with lock).
- Your device is disabled (your screen may say "iPhone is disabled, try again XX minutes later" or "iPhone is disabled, connect to iTunes").