You may need to reset your iPhone for a number of reasons. To begin with, you may be looking to sell your iPhone or simply transfer its ownership to someone else and this may warrant that you wipe the phone clean. Also, a reset might also be your last resort if you are experiencing serious lag and performance issues on your iPhone. In the event that you do not want to use iTunes or don’t have the password, this article will guide you to reset iPhone without iTunes or passcode.
How to Reset iPhone without iTunes (Unrecoverable and Easiest Ways
1 iMyFone Umate Pro Data Eraser (Unrecoverable)
- Your data remains totally and completely unrecoverable.
- Complete scanning of your previously deleted files to wipe them permanently.
- Selectively select files you wish to delete like call history, WhatsApp messages, photos, music, Wechat messages etc.
- Permanently delete files in addition to any fragments left behind.
- One-click easy and quick delete option to wipe your phone completely clean.
How to Reset iPhone With iMyFone Umate Pro
To erase all the data on your iPhone in just one click, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Download and launch the iMyFone Umate Pro app on your computer and connect your iPhone to your computer via the USB cable.
Step 2: Once your device is connected, select the “Erase All Data” option and select the “Erase” option. You would be asked to type in delete to confirm.
Step 3: Type “Delete” in the box to confirm. You have the option of changing the confirmation text if you wish.
Step 4: Once you type “delete” in the confirmation box, ALL the data on your device will be wiped clean.
2 iPhone Settings (Easiest Way)
If you need to reset your iPhone, you can do so through the settings option on your iPhone without using iTunes. Please note that this method will wipe your data completely and will restore your iPhone and all its settings to how it was when you first purchased it. If you will need any data on your device, endeavor to have it backed up. To Reset your iPhone:
Step 1: Go to Settings>>General.
Step 2: Scroll down under general settings and select “Reset”.
Step 3: Next up, tap on “Erase All Content and Settings”.
Step 4: To confirm this process, you would be asked to provide your iPhone passcode if one was set prior. Confirm the reset by tapping “Erase iPhone”.
How to Reset iPhone without Password
You can reset your iPhone without a password, this process is known as Recovery mode. Follow the steps below to reset your device via Recovery mode:
Step 1: Connect your Device to a PC and then launch iTunes.
Step 2: Choose the suitable method for your iPhone.
- With your device connected, on the iPhone X, 8 and 8 Plus; press and quickly release the Volume Up button, repeat the same process for the volume down button and then press and hold the side button till it displays the recovery mode screen.
- On iPhone 7 and 7 Plus; press and hold the side and volume down button simultaneously until you see the recovery mode screen.
- On iPhone 6s, iPad and earlier versions; Press and hold the Home and the Side buttons simultaneously until you see the recovery mode screen.
Step 3: Once you see the recovery mode screen choose Restore. iTunes will attempt to reinstall your iOS without deleting your data.
Step 4: Configure your device after the update.
How to Reset iPhone Password
If for some reason, you forget your iPhone password, it isn’t the end of your device because you can still reset your password. follow the steps below to learn how to reset your iPhone password.
Step 1: Visit the Apple ID account page and select the “Forgot Apple ID or password.”
Step 2: Type in your Apple ID.
Step 3: Select reset password and click continue.
Step 4: Choose your preferred method to reset your password; you can use the “Answer Security Question” or “Get an email” option.
Step 5: After you have successfully changed your password, you will be prompted to log in again.
Useful Tips When Resetting an iPhone
- Ensure you backup your important data before doing a factory reset of your iPhone.
- If you mistakenly deleted your files, factory reset your device or lost some data due to jailbreak, you can restore your iPhone.
- For those using iOS 8 and above, you can easily reset your iPhone with a computer; without having to go through iTunes.