Are you suffering from the “white screen of death” problem with your iPad? If yes, then you would unquestionably want to know how to overcome the situation. It is quite common for iPad to hang with the white screen due to the failure of a hardware component, repeated droppings, and modifications to the operating system. You can now solve the issue with the help of the 5 remedies explained below.
1 Hard Reset Your iPad
Press the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button together for at least ten seconds or until you see the Apple Logo appear. Your iPad restarts and functions normally again.
2 Pressing Three Buttons
Try to press home button, up-volume button, and power button all together. Hold them for a few seconds or until you see the Apple logo appear on the screen. When the logo appears, your iPad will reboot automatically and functions normally.
3 Restoring iPad Using iTunes
Step 1: Plug your iPad into the computer and start iTunes.
Step 2: Hold the sleep/wake button and home button for approximately ten seconds.
Step 3: Free the sleep switch, but continue to hold the home button and don't release when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding until you see the recovery mode screen.
Step 4: When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without wiping your files. If updating doesn't work, it may be necessary to click restore, which may erases all the settings and contents.
Step 5: After the Update or Restore completes, set up your device.
Check more details here: If you can‘t update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
4 Putting iPad into DFU mode
DFU or Device Firmware Update mode is the last resort that you can choose to fix white screen of death issue.
- Plug iPad to your computer.
- Open iTunes.
- Switch off the iPad by holding the power switch.
- Press the home button and the power button for ten seconds. If you see the Apple logo, then you need to restart the process again.
- While holding the home button, let go the power button. If you see “Plug into iTunes” message, you need to restart the process again.
- If the iPad screen is black, then the device entered successfully into the DFU mode.
- iTunes will display a message stating that it detected iPad and will allow it to restore.
5 Using a 3rd-Party Tool to Fix iPad Without Data Loss
If nothing else is working out, you can rely on a third-party tool such as iMyfone D-Back iPhone data recovery Win or iPhone data recovery Mac to restore iPad back to its original state. The software application is efficient in fixing the white screen. The following are the primary features that make it unique and outstanding in data recovery category.
- It supports over 22+ file formats making it easy for you to recover anything from your iPad;
- It uses for different recovery technologies to find data and recover quickly;
- You can even preview the files that are recoverable from your iPad;
- You can even fix iOS operating system without data loss.
Steps to fix your iPad iOS system using iMyfone D-Back
Step 1: Choose “Fix iOS System” option
Start iMyfone D-Back application. From the main interface, choose “Fix iOS System” option.
Connect your iPad. Once the program detects the device, press the “Start” button.
Step 2: Download new firmware
You have to download the new firmware to fix your iPad. The best thing about the program is that it will detect the device automatically and allows you to download the latest version suitable for it. All you have to do is press the “Download” button.
Wait until the program finishes downloading the firmware.
Step 3: Fix iPad White Screen
iMyfone D-Back will begin repairing your iPad after the download is complete.
Once the method is complete, your iPad will restart and achieves the state of normalcy.
- Your iPad updates to the latest iOS device
- If you were using a jailbroken iOS, the process would restore it back to the default mode
- If you are using unlocked iPad, you will continue to be in the same state even after fixing the iOS