Many people have been expecting a great experience with the latest iOS 16 for iPhone, but unfortunately a lot of them have problem of freezing iOS 16 after update.
They get stuck not being able to do anything with their devices due to the issue. If you are facing a similar situation then you are on the right page.
In this article, we bring you 8 top quick tips to help you fix the iOS 16 freezing problem.
- Part 1: How Long Does the iOS Update Take?
- Part 2: Why iPhone Freezes During or after an iOS 16 Update?
- Part 3: How to Fix iPhone iOS 16 Update Stuck?
- 1. Reset Network Settings
- 2. Fix iPhone Freezing On iOS 16 Without Data Loss
- 3. Force Restart to Fix iOS 16 “Stuck On Verifying Update” Error
- 4. Clear the Cache
- 5. Download and Install iOS 16 Update Again
- 6. DFU Restore with iTunes
- 7. Plug into a Power Source
- 8. Seek Apple
- Part 4: FAQS About iOS 16 Freezing
Part 1: How Long Does the iOS Update Take?
Typically, there are four main stages involved in the iOS software update and expected waiting timelines they take. Also, there are two major factors that influence how long iOS update can take and, they include the speed of your data network and the size of the update file.
The average waiting time for each stage of the update is as follows:
- 1. Downloading of the update usually take between 9 to 15 minutes.
- 2. Preparing an update file takes between 15 to 25 minutes.
- 3. Verifying an update requires between 1 to 7 minutes.
- 4. The final installation which includes restarting of the devices takes about 10 minutes.
Therefore on average, iOS 16 update takes between 36 to a maximum of 50 minutes.
But the problem of iPhone stuck on update screen might likely happen when you notice the process taking much longer than the indicated timeline above.
Part 2: Why iPhone Freezes During or after an iOS 16 Update?
The reasons why iPhone freezes after iOS update may be numerous.
Below are some examples of the possible causes:
- Software glitches.
- The Phone may not have enough storage space to install the iOS 16 update.
- Your iDevice version is too old for the newest iOS 16 update
- You have jailbroken the iDevice before, and it cannot handle the update.
- Your Wi-Fi connection is too weak.
- Corrupted apps.
- Overheated iPhone.
- Low battery.
Having known what might be the cause of the freezing of the iOS 16 iPhone, in our next section of the article, we will talk about what to do when iPhone freezes.
We will walk you step by step through the top tips to resolve the problem with no step skipped.
Part 3: How to Fix iPhone iOS 16 Update Stuck??
1 Reset Network Settings
You might need to reset your Network Settings. To reset network settings on iOS 16 iPhone, go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset (device) > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
If the method above did not resolve the problem of iPhone update stuck, we can consider other methods like fixing the freezing without data loss using the software.
2 Fix iPhone Freezing On iOS 16 Without Data Loss
Due to the value of the information our phones hold at times, there is the need to find ways to fix freezing iOS 16 without losing them. And the way to do that is by using software called iMyFone Fixppo.
iOS 16 Supporrted iMyFone Fixppo
- Addresses numerous iOS issues.
- Support all iOS versions and devices up to iOS 16.
- Supports reset iPhone without password.
- 100% no data loss permission. It is recommended by giants in the industry such as Makeuseof, Macworld, 9to5mac, etc.
See how to downgrade iOS system with iMyFone Fixppo
Step 1 Download and install iMyFone Fixppo on your PC and select Reset iDevice on the screen.
Step 2 Choose Hard Reset to downgrade your iOS system. Then connect your iPhone to the PC.
Step 3 Then download the firmware. And you can choose the version you want to downgrade and click the Download button.
Step 4 Click the Start button to start the downgrade procession.
Step 5 Keep waiting till it success.
You May Also Like
3 Force Restart to Fix iOS 16 “Stuck On Verifying Update” Error
Fundamentally, There are three steps to address the stuck on verifying update error on iOS 16. They include Restart, Restore and Reset.
When your iPhone is stuck in a specific screen while verifying updates, the first thing to do is to Restart the phone, and if you are unable to restart through the conventional way then you do a Force Restart. But if that also fails to work, you can try a Restore, should it also not deliver on the expected result, Reset will be the last option.
The following steps will Force Restart the iPhone when stuck:
Step 1 Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
Step 2 Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
Step 3 Press and hold the Side button until the Apple Logo appears on the screen.
4 Clear the Cache
A cache is an area of memory on your device where small, temporary files are kept. Most times when the cache is full, it contributes to the freezing of the iPhone.
Therefore, we need to clear the memory of such files to free up space and prevent the device from freezing.
Steps to clear the cache on an iPhone:
One of the biggest problems can be browser cache. Kind enough, clearing the cache in Safari is simple.
Step 1 Open Settings, scroll down to locate Safari, and then select it to open the next menu.
Step 2 Scroll down and tap Clear History and Website Data.
Step 3 In the popup, tap Clear History and Data to confirm.
5 Download and Install iOS 16 Update Again
After trying out the earlier methods with no clear success, it might be necessary to believe that the iOS update is corrupt hence needs to be replaced entirely.
So we need to download and install it afresh on our device:
Step 1 Open Settings Restart your iPhone.
Step 2 Go to Settings > General > Software Update, where you should see the iOS 16 beta is available. Click Download and Install.
Step 3 Wait for your iPhone to finish downloading the update, then tap Install when prompted.
6 DFU Restore with iTunes
DFU stands for Device Firmware Update. It helps to reload the software and hardware of the device.
CaveatThere are plenty third-party iPhone cleaners to fix iPhone not enough storage,and iMyfone Umate iPhone cleaner is the one owning the most powerful functions. Armed with the following five functions, the problem of not enough storage on iPhone can be solved easily by iMyfone Umate.
Since the aim here is to resolve the problem when iPhone freezes after update, it is important you consider the safety of your information before proceeding with this method.
Step 1 Connect your iPhone to your computer and start iTunes.
Step 2 While the iPhone is in recovery mode or DFU mode, iTunes will identify it and display a pop-up window inviting you to update or restore the device.
Step 3 Select the restore option when attempting to downgrade the device because the iPhone's last backup will be restored.
Risks of Downgrading with iTunes
- It will wipe the existing data on your iOS device by resetting. So, if you don't backup beforehand, you will end up losing the data stored on your iPhone.
- Even if you have a backup on iTunes, you cannot restore it 100% due to compatibility issues.
- The process is a bit complicated and takes more time than recommended solutions like iMyFone Fixppo System Repair.
7 Plug into a Power Source
When you your iPhone battery is low in voltage, there is the likelihood that your device may freeze hence needs to be powered properly. However, if the device is overcharged, that affects the performance of the battery as well, this could also lead to the device freezing.
So, it is wise to know the charging configuration of your iOS device to avoid undercharging or overcharging which may result in iPhone freezing after update.
8 Seek Apple
So after all the above methods, if you still notice iPhone frozen during update, the best bet is to seek some help from Apple the maker of the iPhone product.
That way, you can be rest assured that the company will definitely address the issue once and for all to give you some peace of mind.
Part 4: FAQS About iOS 16 Freezing
When faced with iPhone frozen during update problem, a lot of questions cross the minds of device owners. Some of the most common questions can be seen below which we have provided answers for:
1 How do I know if the iOS update is still running?
At any point in time, you can verify and install software updates. Go to Settings > General > Software Update. The screen shows the currently installed version of iOS and whether an update is available.
2 How do I Cancel/Stop iPhone update?
- Open iPhone Settings and tap General.
- Tap iPhone Storage.
- Once this screen loads, scroll down to find and select the iOS update file.
- Tap Delete Update and confirm that you want to delete it.
3 How do I prevent iPhone from freezing during the update?
- Ensure your phone memory is large enough to accommodate the update.
- Close all opened applications before starting the update.
- Avoid overcharging the phone.
- Keep the device in a room temperature environment.
iOS 16 freezing may be caused by many different device problems, however, fixing them requires basic understanding of the steps to check from one method to the other until you are able to resolve the problem. So try iMyFone Fixppo now!