Learning “how to unlock iPod touch without iTunes” is necessary for those who have forgotten their iPod passcode, or individuals who have entered the wrong passcode for more than 10 times, but do not appreciate using iTunes for manage iOS data. If the pain of using iTunes in iOS data and media file management, then you’ll find this guide very helpful.
1 Reason Why You Want to Unlock iPod Touch without iTunes?
Before we dive into the steps to remove passcode from a locked iPod touch, it’s necessary we discussed some of the reasons why you need to unlock your iPod touch without iTunes.
1. You’ll need to unlock your iPod touch without iTunes when you’re not close to your Mac or Windows PC.
2. If you can no longer bear with the pains of iTunes, then you’ll need to unlock your iPod touch without iTunes.
3. When iTunes cannot recognize or detect your iPod touch after connecting your iOS device to the computer.
4. When you’re afraid that iTunes will wipe out your iOS data without replacing it.
5. When you are tired of iTunes issues and errors.
2 How to Unlock iPod Touch without iTunes via LockWiper
Unlocking your iPod touch from recovery mode may be seen as the best option for anyone who is not exposed to the issues of iTunes with respect to data loss. Moreover, using recovery mode is a little complicated and subject to failure if not done well.
However, there is a simpler way to unlock iPod touch without iTunes using iMyFone LockWiper. This software offers you a one-click solution to unlock iPod touch and other iOS devices without iTunes. iMyFone LockWiper is available for Windows and macOS PC users and supports unlocking for all iOS devices.
LockWiper Unlock iPod Touch without Passcode
- Unlock Apple ID and iCloud on iPod touch as easy as 1-2-3.
- iMyFone LockWiper has a very smooth and easy to click-through interface.
- You can easily remove iPod touch, iPad or iPhone lock screen using LockWiper.
- LockWiper offer you user guide and instructions to help you unlock your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with no hassle.
- iMyFone LockWiper supports every iPod touch, iPhone and iPad model, and even the latest versions of iOS.
Steps to Unlock iPod Touch Using iMyFone LockWiper
Step 1: Download and install iMyFone LockWiper on your computer. Launch LockWiper, click “Start”.
Step 2: Connect your iPod touch to your PC using your lightning cable and click "Next".
Note: If your iPod touch cannot be detected, you’ll have to put your iPod touch in DFU mode:
Step 3: LockWiper will display your device information describing your iOS version and iDevice model. If the information displayed matches your iDevice, you can click the "Download" tab to download the firmware for your device.
Step 4: Once the firmware is downloaded, click “Start to Verify” to verify the downloading firmware package.
Step 5: Then click “Start Unlock” to continue.
Step 6: Enter “000000” to continue.
Step 7: LockWiper will start unlocking your iPod touch. Your iPod touch, iPhone or iPad will be unlocked.
3 How to Unlock iPod Touch via Recovery Mode
The Recovery Mode method of unlocking a locked iPod touch is best for those who have never synced their iPod touch over iTunes. This method erases your iPod touch and its passcode. It also erases all your data and settings without replacing them.
Here is how to unlock iPod touch on a PC without iTunes:
- Connect your iPod to your computer and launch iTunes. If you don’t have a computer, you can borrow from your friend or family member.
- Once your iPod Touch is connected, Force Restart your iPod touch by simultaneously pressing and holding both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons. Keep holding the buttons until the recovery mode screen appears.
- The options “Restore” and “Update” will appear, choose Restore. At this point, a recent version of iOS will be downloaded and installed on your iPod.
Disadvantages to Use Recovery Mode in Unlocking iPod Touch?
Yes, there are several disadvantages to using recovery mode in unlocking iPod touch. Some of the drawbacks to this method are listed below:
1. This method of unlocking iPod wipes out every data in your iPod touch storage space.
2. You cannot use recovery mode method to unlock an iPhone with a broken screen.
3. It may lead to error or other issues thereby destroying your iOS device.