iOS updates take time to stabilize and become what everyone would like to use. However, before it gets to that state, there are always several trials and testing to remove all the bugs and errors before it’s officially released to the public. If you want to be part of those who tested the beta version before the official release of the mobile device operating system, then be ready to encounter errors and issues.
Nevertheless, iOS 12 issues and errors like “iPhone stuck on Apple logo after iOS 12 update” should not discourage you. The error has a permanent fix/solution. We’ve discoursed the solutions to “iPhone stuck on Apple logo after iOS 12 update” in this post. Follow then meticulously to fix your iPhone.
The Reasons Why iPhone Stuck on Apple Logo After iOS 12 Update
The following points explain why your iPhone is stuck on Apple logo after iOS 12 update.
- The first reason why your iPhone stuck on Apple logo may be due to a system crash. If this were to be the case, then a factory reset is inevitable.
- A bug or something else may have corrupted your iOS firmware. This also requires a factory reset to fix.
- If your iOS firmware was not installed properly, this can also cause the error.
- This could also be a hardware glitch. If this were to be the case, visiting an Apple outlet will be inevitable.
How to Fix iPhone Stuck on Apple Logo After iOS 12 Update
We’ve outlined and discussed 3 simple solutions to “iPhone stuck on Apple logo after iOS 12 update” issue. Choose any of them to fix your iPhone, but we recommend solution #2.
#1. Force Restart Your Stuck iPhone
If your iPhone is stuck on the Apple logo, frozen or unresponsive, a normal restart may not solve the problem; you need to force restart your iPhone.
Hence, we will teach you how to force restart a stuck iPhone X, 8, 8 Plus, 7, 7 Plus, and other earlier versions of iPhone.
- On iPhone X, 8 or 8 Plus: Press and release the Volume Up button. Press and release the Volume Down button. Press and hold the Side button for the iPhone screen to turn off and turn back on. Release the Side button when the Apple logo appears.
- On iPhone 7 or 7 Plus: Press and hold the Side and Volume Down buttons simultaneously for at least 10 seconds, until Apple logo appears.
- On iPhone 6s Plus, 6s, or earlier versions of iPhone: Press and hold the Side and Home buttons simultaneously for at least 10 seconds, until Apple logo appears.
#2. A Tool to Fix iPhone Stuck on Apple Logo
If your iPhone is really messed up by iOS 12 upgrade and would not progress beyond Apple logo, then you need a third-party tool to help you refresh or reinstall iOS 12. iMyFone LockWiper has the features to fix iPhone stuck on Apple logo after iOS 12 update. If you download and install this program now, your iPhone will boot properly, and all iPhone issues you may be having resolved.
LockWiper Easily Fixes Your iPhone Screen Issues
- Solve “iPhone stuck on Apple logo” issue in a few minutes.
- iPhone screen is frozen? iPhone stuck at black/white screen or recovery mode? All these can be fixed by LockWiper.
- When a bug is causing the issue and error in booting your iPhone, then LockWiper can uninstall your iOS beta version and install the latest version of iOS on your iPhone.
- iPhone is disabled or locked? Get it to get into your iPhone without entering password.
Steps to Fix iPhone Stuck on Apple Logo Using LockWiper
Step 1. Launch iMyFone LockWiper on your PC or Mac. Click the “Start” tab and connect your iPhone to a PC using a USB cable.
Step 2. Put your iPhone in DFU mode. You can get the right step for your iPhone from the LockWiper interface.
Step 3. Check if the auto-detected info is the same with your device model. Then, click the “Download” tab to download the firmware for your iPhone. Afterward, click “Start to Verify”.
Step 4. Unlock your iPhone by clicking “Start Unlock”. Confirm your request by entering “000000” and click “Unlock”.
#3. Restore iPhone in Recovery Mode
Restoring iPhone in recovery mode will wipe all the data in your iPhone and restart your device in factory settings. This process can only be done with iTunes.
Step 1. Download iTunes and launch iTunes on your PC. Then, connect your iPhone to a computer using a USB cable.
Step 2. While your iPhone is connected, force restart your iPhone (refer to solution #1 above to force restart your iPhone).
Step 3. On iTunes, choose “Restore”, and iTunes will wipe your iPhone and restore it with an updated version of iOS. Wait for the process to finish before you can set up your iPhone.