If you are locked out of your iPhone and you can't remember passcode or your phone is disabled, the smartest thing is to go into Recovery Mode. However, frequently, the iPhone will not allow going into Recovery Mode.
Before trying anything be sure that you are holding the right buttons. The wrong operation may be the number one reason for this problem. If you are not sure how to put the iPhone into Recovery Mode, the following are detailed instructions on how to put iPhone 8 or later models including iPhone 12, iPhone 7/7 Plus and older iOS devices into Recovery Mode.
- Part 1. Official Ways to Check Steps if iPhone Won't Go into Recovery Mode
- Part 2. Free & Easy Tool to Fix iPhone Won't Go into Recovery Mode with One Click
- Part 3. Review of The Above 2 Parts
1. Official Ways to Check if iPhone Won't Go into Recovery Mode
If your iPhone 6/6S/7/8 or later will not go into recovery mode, you need to check whether you follow the right steps first.
Tip 1. How to Put 8/X/11/12 into Recovery Mode
Note that for iPhone 8 & iPhone 8 Plus or later models getting into the Recovery Mode is different than all iOS users were accustomed previously. Here are the steps:
1. Get the latest version of iTunes and connect your iPhone to the PC/Mac.
2. The key step - force restart the iPhone 8 comes next: press & release the volume up button, then immediately press & release the volume down.
3. Press the side button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" logo and you will be in Recovery Mode.
Tip 2. How to Put iPhone 7/7 Plus into Recovery Mode
Since Apple made dramatic changes in design in the last 3 years, the iPhone 7 has a different method of Recovery Mode access. Here are the steps if you own iPhone 7/Plus:
1. Turn off the iPhone 7 first by pressing the Power button.
2. Hold the volume down button & connect your iPhone to iTunes.
3. Release the volume down button when you see the "Connect to iTunes" logo.
4. That's it your iPhone 7 is in Recovery Mode.
Tip 3. How to Put iPhone 6s or Earlier into Recovery Mode
iPhone 6s has a slightly different way to get into Recovery Mode. Note that this method works for iPad and earlier models too. Follow the steps:
1. Turn off the iPhone and turn on iTunes.
2. Hold the Home button & connect your iPhone to iTunes.
3. Release the Home button and then you'll see the "Connect to iTunes" logo.
4. You are in Recovery Mode with your iPhone 6s.
2. Free & Easy Tool to Fix iPhone Won't Go into Recovery Mode
When the iPhone won't go into Recovery Mode, you can also fix the issues with 3rd party software. Here we recommend iMyFone Fixppo, which is very easy to use and it can fix all iOS problems related to your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch. See more features of the program:
- This tool will get your iPhone in Recovery Mode with only one click.
- This function of going into Recovery Mode is totally free.
- No data loss will be caused when you use the features "Enter/Exit Recovery Mode".
- It is basically an iOS repair tool. All iOS problems can be fixed with this program with a 100% success rate. Not only the problems with the Recovery Mode and DFU Mode, but also fixes iPhone's frozen status, repair iPhone stuck on a black screen and more.
- You can also use this tool to get your iPhone out of recovery mode with one click.
- iOS versions from 7.0 to the newest iOS 14 and all iOS devices from iPhone 4 to iPhone 12 are all supported.
- It has been trusted by a lot of professionals media sites.
2.1 One Click to Get iPhone Enter/Go into Recovery Mode
Here are the steps on how to get your iPhone into Recover mode.
Step 1. Install and open the program on your computer. Click Enter/Exit Recovery Mode.
Step 2. Connect your device to a computer and then click Next. Now you can see the option Enter Recovery Mode is clickable. Click it.
Step 3. After a few seconds, your device will be in Recovery Mode.
2.2 Steps to Fix iPhone Recovery Mode Problems
If the above method doesn't work, you can try Standard Mode of iMyFone Fixppo. Here is how to fix the Recovery Mode problems using iMyFone Fixppo.
Step 1. Run iMyFone Fixppo and you will see that the program offers 3 modes to fix various iOS issues. Here you can choose Standard Mode to solve the problem. Of course, if you have heavier iOS issues, you can also choose Advanced Mode.
Step 2. To fix the Recovery Mode problem, connect your device to the computer and click the Next button. If your device can be recognized or it is stuck in Recovery Mode, you can skip to the next step. If not, you need to put the iPhone in DFU mode or Recovery Mode by following the steps on the screen.
Step 3. When your device gets recognized, the program will provide all the available firmware versions which match your iPhone model. You can choose the one you like.
Step 4. After downloading and verifying the firmware package, click Start and then the program will start to fix the issue your iPhone. Just keep your iPhone connected and wait for the process to finish.
3. Review of The Above 2 Parts
If you still have some doubts, you can now check the comparison between the official way and the professional tool.
|via Official Ways||via iMyFone Fixppo|
|Success Rate If iPhone Won't Go into Recovery Mode||0%||100%|
|Difficulty||A little bit complex||Easy|
|Required Time||A little bit long||Short|
|Data Loss after Fixing||Yes||No|
|What Other Issues Can Be Fixed||No||All system/software issues|
Which method you pick depends on your problem and situation. However, while the Apple methods are official, that doesn't mean that they are better. iMyFone Fixppo offers more versatile and better control of how you get into Recovery Mode and fix your iPhone issues.