If you are locked out of your iPhone and you can’t remember passcode or your phone is disabled, the smartest thing is to go into Recovery Mode. However, frequently, the iPhone will not allow going into Recovery Mode.
Before trying anything be sure that you are holding the right buttons. The wrong operation may be the number one reason for this problem. If you are not sure how to put the iPhone into Recovery Mode, the following are detailed instructions on how to put iPhone 8, iPhone 7 and older iOS devices into Recovery Mode.
How to Put iPhone 8 into Recovery Mode
Note that for iPhone 8 & iPhone 8 Plus getting into the Recovery Mode is different than all iOS users were accustomed previously (hence iOS 11 & new design). Here are the steps:
1. Get the latest version of iTunes and connect your iPhone to the PC/Mac.
2. The key step - force restart the iPhone 8 comes next: press & release the volume up button, then immediately press & release volume down.
3. Press the side button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" logo and you will be in Recovery Mode.
How to Put iPhone 7 into Recovery Mode
Since Apple made dramatic changes in design in the last 3 years, the iPhone 7 has a different method of Recovery Mode access. Here are the steps if you own iPhone 7/Plus:
1. Turn off the iPhone 7 first by pressing the Power button.
2. Hold the volume down button & connect your iPhone to iTunes.
3. Release the volume down button when you see the "Connect to iTunes" logo.
4. That’s it your iPhone 7 are in Recovery Mode.
How to Put iPhone 6s or earlier into Recovery Mode
iPhone 6s has a slightly different way to get into Recovery Mode. Note that this method works for iPad and earlier models too. Follow the steps:
1. Turn off the iPhone and turn on iTunes.
2. Hold the Home button & connect your iPhone to iTunes.
3. Release the Home button and then you’ll see the "Connect to iTunes" logo.
4. You are in Recovery Mode with your iPhone 6s.
Fix Recovery Mode Issue of iPhone by Refreshing iOS
When iPhone won't goes into Recovery Mode, you can also fix the issues with 3rd party software. Here we recommend iMyFone iOS System Recovery, which is very simple and it can fix many different problems related to your iPhone. See more features of the program:
- Not only the problem with the Recovery Mode, it also fixes iPhone’s frozen status, repair iPhone stuck on a black screen and more.
- It offers 3 fixing modes which users can fix iOS issues with more choices.
- It is constantly updated and it works with the latest iPhone 8 & iPhone X.
Here is how to fix the Recovery Mode problem using iMyFone iOS System Recovery. Before you start, just download the software and then connect your iPhone to computer.
1, Run iMyFone iOS System Recovery and you will see that the program offers 3 modes to fix various iOS issues. Here you can choose Standard Mode to solve the problem. Of course, if you have heavier iOS issues, you can also choose Advanced Mode.
2, To fix the Recovery Mode problem, you need to put the iPhone in DFU mode and iMyFone will help you do that. First, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home Button for 8-10 seconds. Then release the Sleep/Wake button but continue to hold the home button for another 5 seconds.
3, When you are in DFU Mode then with the same software you can download the firmware which matches your iPhone model.
4, After downloading and verifying the firmware package, the program will start to fix the issue your iPhone has. Just keep your iPhone connected and wait for the process to finish.
Which method you pick depends on your problem and situation. However, while the Apple methods are official, that doesn't mean that they are better. iMyFone iOS System Recovery offers more versatile and better control of how you get into Recovery Mode and fix your iPhone issues.