iOS 12 comes with many attractive new features. It is normal that most people will choose to update their devices to iOS 12. However, not everyone can enjoy the features of iOS 12 successfully because some people find their iPhone not turning on after iOS 12 update. This is not a new problem. It also happens when iOS 11 was released. Before you get desperate, read this article and find the solutions that you can try when iPhone won't turn on after iOS 12 update. The methods are approved useful for many people. We believe you would be able to work with your device like before. Let's get started.
- 1. What Problems You May Meet When iPhone Won't Turn On?
- 2. Why iPhone Won't Turn on after iOS 12 Update
- 3. How to Fix iPhone Won't Turn On after iOS 12 Update?
1. What Problems You May Meet When iPhone Won't Turn On?
When your iPhone doesn't turn on after iOS 12 update, these are some of the problems that you are likely to come across. Have a look now:
- The device could be stuck on black or white screen.
- Sometimes, it gets stuck on recovery mode.
- You can see Apple logo with the progress bar on the screen, but it will not proceed.
- The screen sometimes gets black showing only the spinning wheel, but it won't go to home page.
- You may also see your iPhone stuck on black Apple logo with white screen.
- In addition, you might experience reboot loop problem.
2. Why iPhone Won't Turn On after iOS 12 Update ?
You are now aware what problems could bother you when your iPhone fails to turn on after iOS 12. Now, in this section, we will let you understand why it happens. Check out some of the reasons.
- Firstly, as it is known fact that an update requires high battery and during the process, it consumes a lot of battery. So, the first reason could be dead battery. Therefore, we suggest you to take help of your charger and charge your device. Now check if the iPhone is able to turn on or not.
- Second reason could be a system crash. Yes! Chances are that your iPhone isn't turning on due to an iOS crash and hence a factory reset can be your savior.
- Your iPhone might also not turn on because the firmware has been corrupted.
- The installation of the firmware is not going well so that the firmware cannot work properly.
- The last thing why your device doesn't turn on is the hardware glitch. This can be identified if any of the troubleshooting steps given in this article won't work out.
3. How to Fix iPhone Won't Turn On after iOS 12 Update?
Below are 3 methods that can help you when iPhone won't turn on after iOS 12 or other software update.
3.1. Force Restart iPhone
The first thing you should try when your iPhone won't turn on after iOS 12 update is to force restart it. You might have heard about this before. But in case you don't, here is how to carry out force restart on your respective devices.
To force restart iPhone 6/6S and earlier models than 6, press down the "Power' button and the 'Home' button and keep holding them for 10 seconds. Let go the buttons when the Apple logo appears.
iPhone 7 and 7 Plus users also need to follow somewhat similar steps. But they need to press 'Volume Down' and 'Power' buttons altogether. Release the buttons when you find Apple logo on the screen.
For an iPhone 8, 8 Plus or later, quickly press and release 'Volume Up' button. Then press 'Volume Down' button. Now, keep pressing 'Power' button until Apple logo appears.
3.2. Fix iPhone Won't Turn On after iOS 12 Update without Data Loss
If forcing restart went fruitless, there could be the problem with software. We would now like to introduce a special and professional software to you. It is iMyFone Fixppo which aims to fix all problems that is related with iPhone software without any data loss.
- All the iOS problems that you might meet and we have talked above when iPhone won't turn on after iOS 12 update can be fixed by this tool.
- It can fix iOS problems without data loss. Besides,it is fully secure with no plug-in and virus.
- You can enter or exit recovery mode with one click using the free trial version.
- Compared with other similar tools, it is easier to use and more efficient because of its exclusive technology.
- It is the only tool in the market that offers all available firmware, which improves its ability to fix more iOS problems expecially the issues occuring after iOS update.
- Full compatibility: compatible with all iOS devices and iOS versions including iPad, iPhone XS, iPhone XR and iOS 12.
Let us understand how you can use this tool to fix your iPhone.
Step 1 – Start iMyFone Fixppo and select 'Standard mode' given on the main page. Now connect your iPhone with the PC using USB cord and click Next.
Step 2 – If your devie can be recognized, you can skip to the next step. If not, you need to click on the 'Start' button and follow the other steps to get your device into DFU mode. Follow the steps and take your iPhone into DFU mode.
Put your iPhone into recovery mode if you are not able to put your device into DFU mode.
Step 3 – Now, iMyFone will successfully detect your iPhone and provide you all the supported firmware for your device. You just need to choose the version you perfer, and click on 'Download' for this and the rest will be done by the software itself.
Sep 4 – Now, wait until the firmware gets downloaded and verified. When it is done, click on the 'Start' button and you are good to go now. Your device will turn on and be back to normal soon.
3.3. Use iTunes to Restore iPhone to Factory Settings (Erasing iPhone)
Here is the last thing you can try when your iPhone isn't turning on after iOS 12 update. You will now need latest iTunes in your PC since we are going to demonstrate the steps for restoring your iPhone via iTunes to solve this problem. However, this method will get all the data on your iPhone erased. So, follow the steps when you are sure you want to perform this method.
- Run iTunes in the PC and get the PC and device connected via a USB cord.
- Enter the iTunes' interface and click on the phone icon at the top if your iPhone can be recognized.
- Go to the 'Summary' tab and hit on 'Restore iPhone' button. Confirm the actions when asked and you will be done.
- If your iPhone cannot be recognized, put your iPhone into DFU or recovery mode and then use iTunes to restore your iPhone. When it restarts after finishing the restore process, your iPhone will turn on and you can go into setup process.