Nothing is more irritating and stressful than an iPhone keeps turning off. You may lose data that isn't saved yet, miss calls, and have unwanted interruptions.
In this post, I will show you why iPhone keeps turning on and off and the practical methods to fix it. Let's get started!
Get a base understanding of iPhone keeps shutting off.
Why Does My iPhone Keep Turning off?
iPhone shutting off can be a result of various issues. These issues can be software or hardware-related. For me, this problem is mainly caused by software glitches, but the situation also varies from each individual. Here are some of the most common reasons.
Faulty Battery Indicator: One of the most common reasons is that your battery indicator might be displaying 0% even if it still has battery life. This can make the OS think that the battery is drained, resulting in iPhone turning off itself.
Software Incompatibility: Another common reason is a software conflict. The software might be corrupted or incompatible with other services. It can meddle with other OS services that force your iPhone turning off.
Hardware Issues: Water damage or the iPhone battery is at the end of its life.
How to Fix Your iPhone that Keeps Shutting off
Now that you know what's causing your iPhone to behave in such a weird manner, let's go ahead and find out what different solutions you can use to fix this odd issue. No matter your iPhone randomly turns off and repeatedly or never stops, the below method will get the issue solved.
1. Force Restart Your iPhone
If your iPhone keeps turning on and off, you may try to force restart your iPhone. Here's a quick guide on how to do it:
iPhone 8 and later:
iPhone 7, 7 Plus:
Different things have changed for the 7/7 Plus models. Unlike pressing the power button and the home button, you need to press the power button and volume down button to force restart your iPhone7/7plus.
iPhone 6S, 6, SE, and earlier:
- Press and hold the home button.
- While holding it hold the sleep/wake button and on top for iPhone 5 series. Do so for about 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears.
2. Update iOS Version
Updating the iOS Version can get you out of many issues you are dealing with. If your iPhone randomly shuts off and the hard reset didn’t help, you may try to update the iOS version to the latest one.
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update > tap Download and Install.
- If it asks for your passcode, type it. When the blue progress bar is full, tap on Install Now.
If you are already using the latest operating system or this method didn't fix your issue, read on.
3. Repair Operating System without Data Loss
When faces serious errors, the iphone shutting off randomly, and the best option is to repair iOS system. This option isn't that simple and may wipe out everything because most users go for the other options, for example, iTunes restore. But now you don't have to worry because you can use iMyFone Fixppo.
With this tool, you can repair iOS by removing bugs and fixing any iOS issues without any data loss. A lot of famous media sites have trusted and highly recommended this tool, like Makeuseof, Macworld, 9to5mac, and so on.
Fix iOS System Problem without Data Loss
- It can fix other iOS problems, including iPhone stuck in boot loop, iPhone frozen in Apple logo, iPhone stuck on black screen, etc.
- Only takes a few minutes and a few uncomplicated steps to fix iPhone keeps switching off.
- Broad compatibility covers the latest iPhone 15 running iOS 17 and even the old iPhone 6/5/4.
Limited Time 10% OFF Coupon Code for iMyFone Fixppo: YTR5E7
Steps to Fix iPhone Keeps Shutting Down Using Fixppo:
You can fix this problem easily by following the given steps:
Step 1.Download and install Fixppo on your PC/Mac. Then select Standard Mode from the main interface.
Step 2.Connect your iPhone to the computer and click Next to move on. If the device isn't detected, just follow the steps that are given on the screen and proceed. Then you can download the firmware from the list of available versions. Choose the one you want and click download.
Step 3.After the firmware is downloaded successfully, click the Start button and the program will begin to fix the device automatically. Do not unplug the device during the process to avoid it getting bricked.
4. Restore with iTunes in Recovery Mode (Data Loss)
If you don’t mind losing all the data on your iPhone, you can use iTunes to restore your phone if your iPhone still randomly turns off on its own.
- Connect your iOS device to your PC and go to iTunes.
- Follow the guide to put iPhone into Recovery Mode, and iTunes will ask you to restore it first.
- You will then see an option to confirm whether to restore iPhone to factory settings. Click Restore and iTunes will download the software to repair your iPhone.
5. Repair Hardware Problem
If your iPhone still keeps turning on and off, you're unfortunate enough. You might have a hardware problem. This can be a battery or IC issue. These are complicated issues and you should contact Apple in order to get an issue like this fixed.
After all the methods above can help you fix the iPhone keeps shutting off issue, iMyFone Fixppo can be the easiest one. With the user-friendly interface, you don't need to worry about the operation steps. So, why not have a try now?