Restoring your iPhone is the "nuclear" version of formatting your device back to factory settings. A restore will wipe everything from your iPhone--settings, apps, the OS, and even the firmware itself. If you want the iPhone to be as close to the way it was when you first opened it from the box you want to restore it. Restoring your iPhone is a bit more complicated because if you do it wrong you can seriously mess up your device. So if you ask the question "how do I restore my iPhone 6?", then you are in the right place. Here we will compile this article to guide you with proper methods to restore your iPhone 6.
How to Restore iPhone 6 from iTunes Backup?
The first method here we are introducing to restore your iPhone 6 is to restore it from an iTunes backup. By following the steps below you can successfully get through this process.
- Open iTunes software on the Mac or PC that you used to back up your device. Make sure that you are using the latest version of iTunes.
- Connect your device to your computer with a USB cable. You will see the message on.
- your iDevice here tap Trust this device.
- Select your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when it appears in iTunes.
- Select the backup you need to in iTunes from the list of backups.
- Click Restore and wait for the restore time to finish. If asked, enter the password for your encrypted backup.
- Keep your device connected after it restarts and waits for it to synchronize with your computer.
Once the sync process completes now your iPhone 6 is ready to use.
How to Do iPhone 6 Restore from iCloud Backup
You can also choose to restore your iPhone 6 by utilizing the iCloud backup. In order to do so follow the steps, we have mentioned below.
- Turn on your device. You should see a Hello screen. If you already set up your device, you need to erase all of its content before you can use these steps to restore from your backup.
- Follow the onscreen setup steps until you reach the Apps & Data screen, and then tap Restore from iCloud Backup.
- Sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID.
- To pick the most relevant backup to see the date and size of the backup. After you choose, the transfer starts.
- Now here wait for a progress bar to appear and complete. During this whole process, ensure the stable internet connection.
- Now you can finish setup and enjoy your device. Content like your apps, photos, music, and other information will continue to restore in the background.
Restore iPhone 6 from iTunes/iCloud Backup Selectvely
You can use iCloud or iTunes to transfer your entire mobile system from your old iPhone to your iPhone 6. It's a clumsy, one-way process, though, and can be time-consuming. For this reason, here we are introducing a third party manager tool that can be a good replacement of iTunes or iCloud to finish iPhone 6 restoring. We are talking about, iMyFone D-Port Pro.
iMyFone D-Port Pro can restore iPhone 6 from iTunes or iCloud backups completely or partially. Besides restoring function, it can do much more than iTunes or iCloud for you.
- It allows you to export multiple types of data from iPhone to the computer.
- View and extract data from old iTunes/iCloud backup without restoring your device.
- Restore only partial backup, such as WhatsApp, messages from backup without affecting other data on device.
How to Restore iPhone 6 by iMyFone D-Port Pro?
iMyFone D-Port Pro is the best option to help you restore your iPhone 6 and it easy to handle as compared to iTunes/iCloud. The following steps will guide you to solve the question of how do I restore my iPhone 6.
Step 1. The first thing you will be doing is to choose the backup you want to restore iPhone 6 from. For this run iMyFone D-Port Pro and pick the choice of Restore Backup to Device. You will see the list of previous backups, including iTunes backups, iCloud backups if you have downloaded them on the PC by using this software. Pick the one you need and click Next.
Note: if the iCloud backup you want to restore is not in the list, just click Download iCloud backup to download it to the computer.
Step 2. At that point, the software will present you two choices to restore your iPhone 6: to restore a full backup or only restore partial data in the backup. For this situation, I guess you want to restore the full backup. Just click it and connect your iPhone 6 to the computer.
Step 3. Once the connection is successful just click the Restore button and the process will start the process. Wait till it completes. During this whole process, you cannot detach your iPhone 6.
Tada! Just like you see, you won't be anxious and ask how can I restore my iPhone 6. Whether you need to restore only messages, photos, even WhatsApp data, or the whole backup, iMyFone D-Port Procan make the process as straightforward as possible. As a great option for anyone who'd like to keep things simple and just get done with restoring your iPhone 6, you can just download and use the free trial version of it.