WhatsApp is the secondary texting application that is utilized by every smartphone user. It is a reliable an free texting app that allows you to share your images, videos, and audio. There is calling feature available as well that allows you to stay connected with those you love.
Most of the people are looking for ways to back up and restore WhatsApp messages on iPhone because there are some important business and personal messages that they cannot afford to lose. Here we have some of the reliable ways to help you back up restore WhatsApp iPhone.
Option 1. Back up and Restore WhatsApp Chat History via iCloud
iCloud is the Apple platform where you can restore all the information, messages and media content that you shared using WhatsApp. Here is how you can back up and restore your WhatsApp messages using iCloud back up.
Back Up WhatsApp Data
Step 1. You will have to manually adjust the backup settings for the WhatsApp chat.
Step 2. Go to WhatsApp settings>Chats>Chat back up. Select Back up Now and all your chat history will be backed up with the iCloud account.
Step 3. You can select the frequency of backup be selecting Auto back up and adjust the time and frequency.
The backup might take some time and it depends on the speed of your internet connection.
Restore WhatsApp Data
Step 1. For the restoration of all your WhatsApp chats you will have to verify your iCloud account in the WhatsApp settings>Chats and Chat Back up. Here you can see when the last back up was performed.
Step 2. Back up your information once again so you can delete and reinstall the application for Apple store.
Step 3. Once you have verified your phone number WhatsApp will automatically take you to restore chat history that is linked to your iCloud account. Select your options to restore data.
Option 2. Back up and Restore Only WhatsApp Messages Without Data Loss
iMyFone D-Port Pro can easily back up WhatsApp messages and restore them to your iOS devices without overwriting the previous backup. As a professional tool, it is also highly recommended by Cult of Mac and Make Use Of.
- As a backup & restore tool, this program works more flexible than iTunes/iCloud to backup and restore iPhone data without resetting the device.
- In addition to partial backup and restore specific data, this program can also make a full backup and restore a full backup.
- The full backup and partial backup will not overwrite previous backup files. So there is no need to worry about data loss.
- You can choose any location you want to save the backup files, and easily view the backup data in detail.
Back Up Only WhatsApp Messages
Step 1. On the left panel select “Back Up & Export from Device” and then select “Back Up WhatsApp”.
Step 2. The backup process will get started on the next window. Make sure that you do not disconnect your phone.
Step 3. Once back up process has been done, you will receive the notification. Then you can view the backup files anytime you like.
Restore Only WhatsApp Messages to iPhone
Step 1. Select the option to “Restore Back Up to Device”. You can see all the backup files available on the computer. Select the WhatsApp backup and click on next to scan the WhatsApp backup files.
Step 2. After the scan, you can preview the files to see if it is the data you want. Then click on restore after the preview.
Step 3. The tool will restore all the files to your device. It might take some time to assure that your device is connected. Once the restore is done you will be notified. Now you can select and view your previous files.
Option 3: Save WhatsApp Data via Email
If you want to save the conversation you can email yourself the chat history using this procedure.
- Access the conversation on WhatsApp that you want to email yourself.
- In the navigation bar tap on the name or contact number of the person.
- Scroll to the bottom of the chat and select the option of export chat.
- You will get the option of whether you want to attach media or want the email without media.
- You can select the mail app from the given options according to the account you are using on your Apple device.
- Enter the email address and tap on send.
- Within few seconds you will receive the notification.
You can use any of these techniques that you are most comfortable with for back up restore WhatsApp iPhone. However, iMyFone D-Port Pro will be the best choice. Recently, it has been noticed that the iCloud and WhatsApp back up often fails to restore all the messages that you required because of system errors or failures. On the other hand, iMyFone D-Port Pro will provide you reliable services in all circumstances.