Backing up messages is quite necessary because you can use them for different purposes, like reminding yourself of wonderful memories or presenting them in a police case. If you are a Mac user, this article will teach you exactly what you need to do to save your text messages/iMessages from iPhone to your computer.
1. Copy and Email Text Messages/iMessages
If you just have a few messages that you would like to save, you can just copy and email them to yourself. You can do this by following this simple procedure:
- Open a message on your iPhone that you would like to save.
- Long tap any message in the conversation and tap on More…Doing this will give you the option to either edit or forward the message.
- In this case, you only need to click every circle that checks all the messages you would like to save.
- After doing this, tap on the Forward button that will appear on the bottom right. Doing this will open another screen where all the messages will be combined into one text. Select the text.
- Go to Mail app and type in your email address as the recipient to send the selected messages to your inbox.
This is a very simple method that is ideal for anyone in search of a quick solution to save their text messages.
2. Selectively Save Text Messages/iMessages from iPhone to Mac
If you are in search of an easy way to selectively save messages from your iPhone to Mac, iMyFone iTransor can help you do exactly that. This software is outstanding because it has the following incredible features:
- Allows you to save text messages only, something that iTunes and iCloud cannot.
- Save other 18+ types of data from iPhone to Mac/PC.
- For example you can save WhatsApp data from iPhone to Mac.
- Transfer SMS, Contacts, WeChat, and WhatsApp from iPhone to iPhone.
- Back up iPhone according to your own need and totally for FREE.
- Compatible with latest iOS 12 and iPhone X and the old models.
Steps to Selectively Save Text Messages/iMessages from iPhone to Mac
You can selectively save text messages/iMessages from your device to Mac using iMyFone iTransor by following these simple steps:
- Launch iMyFone iTransor after download and install it on your computer and connect your iPhone to the computer.
- On the left panel of the program, select Export from Device & Backup, and then tap on Export from Device.
- On the screen that appears, select Messages as the type of data you want to export, and then tap on Scan for the program to commence the process.
- When the scan is complete, you can view the data and choose what you only need. Click on Export and select a location and format for the type of data you would like to save on your computer.
Advantages of using iTransor to Save Text Messages/iMessages
Compared to other programs, iTransor is quite efficient when you want to save text messages or iMessages from iPhone to Mac. Here are some of its advantages:
- Enables you to selectively save the messages you need without having to backup any other data.
- Saves text messages/iMessages in different formats such as .XLS and .HTML.
- If you want to print the saved messages, they will come with a clear timestamp.
3. Save Messages/iMessages from iPhone to Mac via iTunes
You can also save your messages to your Mac via iTunes. However, this process comes with a downside – you cannot view the messages in iTunes backup unless you restore the backup. You can go about this method by following these steps:
- Launch iTunes and connect your iPhone to the computer.
- Enter the passcode, when asked, and then choose your device when it appears on the platform.
- Click Back Up Now to start the process.
You can confirm whether the process completed successfully by looking under Latest Backup on the Summary Screen to see the date and time.
4. Can I Transfer Saved Messages/iMessages Back to iPhone?
The exported messages/iMessages cannot be transferred back to your iPhone. However, you can back up the text messages on your device with iMyFone iTransor, and then restore the backup to your iPhone. Find more information on how to do this, check the details here.
Some text messages hold vital information that one cannot afford losing. This is the main reason why it is important to have a backup of these memories shared via text. You can save text messages from iPhone to mac by copying and pasting them to your email or using Apple's applications. However, these methods are not effective when you want to save messages only and not any other data. This is where iMyFone iTransor comes in. iTransor is an incredible program that allows you to save your iPhone's messages to your computer in the fastest and easiest way possible. Download its free trial version and check what it can do for you.